Guess where Blythe is the starting center

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I couldn't believe it. I guess the Seahawks don't watch their own film. They just signed Austin Blythe to be their starting center. This is their idea of building up their OL.

AD and Gaines are going to trash him. Lock will be their starting QB and he's going to be running for his life.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Saw they signed him. Didn't expect it to start. Haha.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AD thinking of facing Blythe two games a year....

YcVhwDP.jpg

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
You don't have to build an O-line if you don't have a QB to protect

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Austin Blythe I’ve always liked & thought he was a good center.I know Andy Dickerson believes the same.

Any Ram Fan that doesn’t think much of Austin Blythe is ok. Just know though that he meant a lot to Brian Allen’s development & pushed him for that starting role.
His size as a Center is not ideal.He has his limits no doubt.He was The Rams starting guard when the went to the SuperBowl in 2018.
I also think Humphries growth as a rookie was helped out by having a veteran like Blythe in the Lockeroom & was going to be KC’s starting Center before the draft.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Blythe is great between the ears, he’s just physically limited

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Austin Blythe I’ve always liked & thought he was a good center.I know Andy Dickerson believes the same.

Any Ram Fan that doesn’t think much of Austin Blythe is ok. Just know though that he meant a lot to Brian Allen’s development & pushed him for that starting role.
His size as a Center is not ideal.He has his limits no doubt.He was The Rams starting guard when the went to the SuperBowl in 2018.
I also think Humphries growth as a rookie was helped out by having a veteran like Blythe in the Lockeroom & was going to be KC’s starting Center before the draft.

I agree. Many Rams fan wanted him run out of town. I wanted him back quite badly in a backup role with commensurate salary. As a next man up he is quite a good alternative, and as he can play multiple positions on the line, he is doubly value if injuries strike. He does get blown up way too easily by the more powerful defensive linemen.

Tano

Legend
I agree. Many Rams fan wanted him run out of town. I wanted him back quite badly in a backup role with commensurate salary. As a next man up he is quite a good alternative, and as he can play multiple positions on the line, he is doubly value if injuries strike. He does get blown up way too easily by the more powerful defensive linemen.
And that was my major complaint about him.

if he played against a powerful defensive lineman on 3rd and long, he would get blown back 5 feet within a second of the ball being snapped. He also couldn't move a defensive lineman on 2nd and 3rd and short.

Plus he had a tendency to OLE blocks either downfield or one on one against other good DTs.

He was actually capable when assisting other guards in blocking their assignments.