GTFO - Week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
GTFO I had to look that up. :) Not a great thread title to get interest IMHO.

It's early. The trade for Watkins changes the future priorities. Yes Austin is probably out of options. Got to give the defense a little more time. They all are on notice. Who has looked good?

Joyner

Only guy I'll stand up for a little bit here is Barwin. Been disappointed in his pressure/sack totals, but the dude had some good contributions subbing in at RE yesterday on some key downs for the defense. The bigger issue is Quinn tbh. Barwin just isn't gonna be that guy who logs consistent pressure, which is a bummer but still it's not like he's getting RE money or roster spot.

That's sounds good for Barwin. He is only a temp. Quinn made a big play last week. Hope he is learning. He looked bad not covering the edge. Hope it was an off day for him and the defense. Yah Quinn has to show he can play in the 3-4. Let's see if they can all gt it together soon. The money being paid out has to have the production to match.

fearsomefour

Legend
Looking forward, the Rams have some decisions to make on some guys that are either up next year or represent significant savings if cut.

Based on their performance through yesterdays game, these guys can GTFO:

Austin (costs too much for what he is contributing)
Barron (costs too much for what he is contributing/has not played well enough)
Alexander (has not played well enough)
Barwin (has not played well enough)

Based on their performance through yesterdays game, these guys are on the bubble:

Ogeltree (better get your crap together if you want to reup next year)
Quinn (costs too much for what he is contributing)

Based on their performance through yesterdays game, these guys should be retained:

Watkins (looks like he will break out soon, franchise his ass)
Joyner (has impressed)
Tru (probably can't afford him)

Am I forgetting anyone? I'll be keeping tabs on all these EDIT every week.
As of now the Rams have $61M in cap space next year. Cutting the guys who have listed would free up about another $21M in cap space.
Resigning any of the guys they want shouldn't be an issue. Tru could be doable in a way that actually gives him a lesser cap impact than what he is at now.
D. Poe, Melvin Ingram....there are potential impact D free agents as well.
A lot of year left to make those determinations though.
A lot of free agents on D next year.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
We need to keep Tru. Right now, he's the second best player on our defense. I need to see Robey-Coleman in the slot...as of now, the camp reports seem mis-leading. Corners are expensive, there's no way we find a solid guy at a reasonable price in the offseason, and I don't want us to be set back and waste a high draft pick.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We need to keep Tru. Right now, he's the second best player on our defense. I need to see Robey-Coleman in the slot...as of now, the camp reports seem mis-leading. Corners are expensive, there's no way we find a solid guy at a reasonable price in the offseason, and I don't want us to be set back and waste a high draft pick.
Drafting good CB's like JJ & Tru on the 2nd day of the draft sure looks like a redo for me in 2018. Been saying all yr that outside corners was is & will bean issues for this team in 2017. However if teams continue to run effectively outside & inside on this Ram team then it would diminish & relieve most all our concerns with the corners.

NRC's tacking ability rating took a serious nose dive during the game last Sunday. We as fans still have no ideal what kind of player cb Kayvon Webster is as a starter & may not know for a while since he is injured again.

Last edited:

~lyser

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh I fully expect this list will move around a bunch throughout the year. Maybe I shoulda said that.

I'll keep the list updated week to week.

Maybe "GTFO" was a poor choice for a thread title, sorry if I hurt anybody's stupid feelings.