GTFO - Week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

~lyser

Rookie
Looking forward, the Rams have some decisions to make on some guys that are either up next year or represent significant savings if cut.

Based on their performance through yesterdays game, these guys can GTFO:

Austin (costs too much for what he is contributing)
Barron (costs too much for what he is contributing/has not played well enough)
Alexander (has not played well enough)
Barwin (has not played well enough)

Based on their performance through yesterdays game, these guys are on the bubble:

Ogeltree (better get your shit together if you want to reup next year)
Quinn (costs too much for what he is contributing)

Based on their performance through yesterdays game, these guys should be retained:

Watkins (looks like he will break out soon, franchise his ass)
Joyner (has impressed)
Tru (probably can't afford him)

Am I forgetting anyone? I'll be keeping tabs on all these EDIT every week.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's two games bruv ....might want to give em a while before you ship out all these players ... and try to find replacements

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two games in a new system. Defenses tend to get better after playing a few games together. I felt like this yesterday but after thinking about it, I am confident that Wade will get this straightened out.

…..

Legend
Seems awful dramatic....or at the very least, awful early. You'll have the entire team replaced by week 8 if this is to be a weekly thing.

Arm chair GM time was over after the 53 got set. We roll into battle with who we brung to the party.

Of the players you mention though, Barwin and Quinn are on my radar, with Barwin being the least effective I have seen in a long time. But we need alot more tape and alot more time to let the system settle in on the team. One thing I have noticed is a ton of rotation. Its almost hard to focus in on a single player because you blink and he's not in there anymore. The best thing for Quinn is lots of rotation. For Barwin, his footwork is so slow I don't think it matters.

Tavon's situation is obvious. The question is probably developing more to the "how" to move him, not weather he can GTFO. Ship hasnt sailed on that, but the winds are changing quickly.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dude is playing out of position....he's a SS.....Hell....the more I see of Mo, I'm ready to give Barron the SS spot.

Still too soon....but you're on to something.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I was a fan of Tavon and I still think he finishes the season a ram, but from what I saw yesterday, he doesn't have a real place on this team. Especially for the price.

…..

Legend
Dude is playing out of position....he's a SS.....Hell....the more I see of Mo, I'm ready to give Barron the SS spot.

Still too soon....but you're on to something.

Its just my opinion but I think Barron is going through something mentally. Something is in his head and its affecting his play. It may be personal, or it may be the fact that as you say above, he's out of position and its starting to bother him. Maybe Greg Williams was able to sell him on the change and get the buy in needed. Maybe, and I know its a stretch, but maybe he isnt so sold any more on a life of getting thumped by larger players for another year.

Also....Mo Alexander has done nothing but improve each year after playing sparingly as a 4th round rookie in 2014. I see nothing to suggest that trend has changed. What I saw was one game where he played down to the level of uninspired play that was displayed by a few of his mentors, namely Barron and Tree. I dont know WHAT THE FUCK that was that Alex Ogletree brought to the game yesterday, but I hope it never shows up again.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
also on the barwin thing ... i honestly believe he was brought in to help the team transition into wades D ...which i have no issues with as long as he doesnt make any glaring mistakes (he wont ) we have enough playmakers on D (supposedly) to make up for barwins lack of splash

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Looking forward, the Rams have some decisions to make on some guys that are either up next year or represent significant savings if cut.

Based on their performance through yesterdays game, these guys can GTFO:

Austin (costs too much for what he is contributing)
Alexander (has not played well enough)
Barwin (has not played well enough)

Based on their performance through yesterdays game, these guys are on the bubble:

Ogeltree (better get your crap together if you want to reup next year)
Quinn (costs too much for what he is contributing)

Based on their performance through yesterdays game, these guys should be retained:

Watkins (looks like he will break out soon, franchise his ass)
Joyner (has impressed)

Am I forgetting anyone? I'll be keeping tabs on all these EDIT every week.
No real Ram fans can really disagree with most of what you have said but disagree with any immediate quick not fully thought out removal of these problems & on how fast the Ram Org. can move on these current player issues.

Most of these issues will take the conclusion of the 2017 season to fix as far as how long they will remain a Ram. Now what can be moved on is how much we may see of these key players as the season progresses. The nuts & bolts may need to be tightened & some of severe rusty nuts moved into a lesser used area of the tool box.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
also on the barwin thing ... i honestly believe he was brought in to help the team transition into wades D ...which i have no issues with as long as he doesnt make any glaring mistakes (he wont ) we have enough playmakers on D (supposedly) to make up for barwins lack of splash
I think you are 100% correct here. Barwin was voted team captain which is huge! I can see OLB Barwin giving way to Longacre, Ebukam & Ejuan Price as the season continues.

Barwin will only be here for this season due to cap ramification in 2018.He was trending is a slow decline when we signed him but he is such a class act & with a ton of experience that I still think he was a good deal for this team & its new coaches.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Usually do a 4 game quarterly assessment... most coaches teams do,

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Its just my opinion but I think Barron is going through something mentally. Something is in his head and its affecting his play. It may be personal, or it may be the fact that as you say above, he's out of position and its starting to bother him. Maybe Greg Williams was able to sell him on the change and get the buy in needed. Maybe, and I know its a stretch, but maybe he isnt so sold any more on a life of getting thumped by larger players for another year.

Also....Mo Alexander has done nothing but improve each year after playing sparingly as a 4th round rookie in 2014. I see nothing to suggest that trend has changed. What I saw was one game where he played down to the level of uninspired play that was displayed by a few of his mentors, namely Barron and Tree. I dont know WHAT THE freak that was that Alex Ogletree brought to the game yesterday, but I hope it never shows up again.
Something to think about for sure....Once some of these guys get paid...they do tend to lean in the area of self preservation...

I wondered why he didn't play in preseason. Guys should WANT to play...

Mo had gotten better the last 3 years....He has regressed now...in what should be a more natural position...closer to the action....Which leads me to believe he DOESN'T wanna get close to the action. He misses a bunch of tackles...still takes bad angles...and isn't disruptive in the passing game. RB's and TE's kill us...SS should take some of them out.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I feel like Robert Quinn had great success early in his career by being a unique combination of speed and getting low around the edge. Once teams figured out they were legally allowed to hold him around his neck, he's never adapted his game. He's a one trick pony.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree with the OP.

He isn't saying cut them now. He is saying they need to play better or they won't be part of the equation. New defense or not these guys should no responsibilities by now. They aren't in college. Quinn has to set the edge, Ogletree has to be stout, Mo looks lost, Barwin looks old.

The Rams need cap space to fix things. They won't waste it on parts that can't live up to their contracts. This is a prove it year for a lot of these players, especially the high priced ones.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I agree with the OP.

He isn't saying cut them now. He is saying they need to play better or they won't be part of the equation. New defense or not these guys should no responsibilities by now. They aren't in college. Quinn has to set the edge, Ogletree has to be stout, Mo looks lost, Barwin looks old.

The Rams need cap space to fix things. They won't waste it on parts that can't live up to their contracts. This is a prove it year for a lot of these players, especially the high priced ones.

i just think the way the discussion is positioned and the timing is sorta poor form

I am not a huge fan of a list of current Ram players being placed on a list titled "Get The Fuck Out"

I am rooting for these guys. They are my Rams

I want guys like Ogletree and Barron to get it together. I like the fact that Tavon is being used exactly how he should be used - as a punt returner / gadget player instead of this false notion of him being an everydown pkayer let alone a WR regardless of how much he gets paid

Let the team gel
Trust the coaching staff

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Tru can go. Hard to question a cramp, but the timing of it yesterday was irritating and hurt the team. He'll get a big contract next season and go back to getting dinged up and taking it easy. I just don't trust him so sayonara.

Donald also wasn't himself for much of the game, thanks to skipping so much camp and whatnot. It definitely affected him, thanks for putting yourself ahead of the team man. I know you didn't mention him, but still, talk about a guy NOT doing a good job of demonstrating his worth to the team following a holdout sheesh.

Only guy I'll stand up for a little bit here is Barwin. Been disappointed in his pressure/sack totals, but the dude had some good contributions subbing in at RE yesterday on some key downs for the defense. The bigger issue is Quinn tbh. Barwin just isn't gonna be that guy who logs consistent pressure, which is a bummer but still it's not like he's getting RE money or roster spot.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I think you are 100% correct here. Barwin was voted team captain which is huge! I can see OLB Barwin giving way to Longacre, Ebukam & Ejuan Price as the season continues.

Barwin will only be here for this season due to cap ramification in 2018.He was trending is a slow decline when we signed him but he is such a class act & with a ton of experience that I still think he was a good deal for this team & its new coaches.

He's a nice rental, like a condo on the beach