Gruden's QB Camp: Case Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Came across this and realized I hadn't seen it before:

A55VA6

Legend
Pretty cool, thanks for posting this.

I like Keenum. He's not a franchise QB imo, but I think he's an excellent backup who can win games.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Thanks, that was a good watch. I feel a little better about Keenum now, but would still not sold that he is the answer.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
At the very least, we know we have a solid back-up! I like Keenum!!(y)

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Keenum is earning his pay. He will be the stop gap til Mannion/draft pick, is ready.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Keenum seems like a great guy. And he sure has the guts to take a hit, unlike some other former Rams QB.

These QB camps are a bunch of fluff. I don't usually watch them. They don't tell you much of anything.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I watched this again last year when we promoted him to starter. I think if we can surround him with competent WRs and play calling, he can be the guy. Not much I don't like about his game. I will say that when I watched him in Baltimore last year, he had probably his worst game ever. Wind was a factor though. Flacco had issues with it as well, and that dude has one of the biggest arms in the game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He's a solid guy that you want not only on your roster, but also in the locker room and on the sidelines. He's just that intense and is great for morale. He's clearly not a liability, but I think we all agree he's not someone you build an offense around. That said, we could do much worse than Keenum, and we have. He'd be my #2 guy for as long as he wanted to be. Great, great dude.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the interesting thing that Gruden said was "at some point you're gonna get your chance, be ready." Well, it seems like 2016 with the Rams IS without a doubt his chance.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Okay Keenum is affable and everyone would like to sit down and dine and enjoy a glass of Pinot or a cold frosty one, however, I look at Keenum like the young lady you dated that the family liked, your sister got along with and all your friends thought she was super, however, you know she was not the one.

Sometimes you have to move on and it's better for you and her and maybe it's time for the Rams to find the right one and not the almost right one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Okay Keenum is affable and everyone would like to sit down and dine and enjoy a glass of Pinot or a cold frosty one, however, I look at Keenum like the young lady you dated that the family liked, your sister got along with and all your friends thought she was super, however, you know she was not the one.

Sometimes you have to move on and it's better for you and her and maybe it's time for the Rams to find the right one and not the almost right one.
S4MYFQO.gif

That's Deep.

Ram65

Legend
He is worth having around. More of a solid backup and hopefully a solid transition to a franchise QB. Rams might be able to win with him with an improved offensive supporting cast and a next level defense.