Gruden/Mayock made Martz/Armey/Zygmunt look great by comparison.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
When we look back at how the GSOT died, a big culprit was the poor use of first round draft picks by the team of Mike Martz, Charley Armey and Jay Zygmunt. With the exception of Steven Jackson , they managed to turn a pile of first rounders into a collection of busts (Trung Canidate, Damione Lewis, Alex Barron) and assorted short-term B listers and underperformers (Adam Archuletta, Ryan Pickett, Robert Thomas, Jimmy Kennedy).

That is NOTHING compared to what the Raiders did with five picks in three years under the leadership of Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock. They started with three picks (after trading Khalil Mack) and ended up with Clelin Ferrell, Josh Jacobs and Jonathan Abram. Today, they announced that they have declined the 5th year option on ALL THREE. Last year, they took Alex Leatherwood 30 picks before any other team likely would have and, not surprisingly, he struggled as a rookie. Their true crowning achievement, though... 2020: Henry Ruggs and Damon Arnette. Legal issues have ended the careers of both guys.

Maybe they should have both stayed in their TV jobs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Raiders do have a pretty good roster now though. Which was not the case before. I agree they should have stayed in their day jobs though.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought Charley Armey was great at picking players. I thought Martz was running the show and picking players after the super bowl win.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
When we look back at how the GSOT died, a big culprit was the poor use of first round draft picks by the team of Mike Martz, Charley Armey and Jay Zygmunt. With the exception of Steven Jackson , they managed to turn a pile of first rounders into a collection of busts (Trung Canidate, Damione Lewis, Alex Barron) and assorted short-term B listers and underperformers (Adam Archuletta, Ryan Pickett, Robert Thomas, Jimmy Kennedy).

That is NOTHING compared to what the Raiders did with five picks in three years under the leadership of Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock. They started with three picks (after trading Khalil Mack) and ended up with Clelin Ferrell, Josh Jacobs and Jonathan Abram. Today, they announced that they have declined the 5th year option on ALL THREE. Last year, they took Alex Leatherwood 30 picks before any other team likely would have and, not surprisingly, he struggled as a rookie. Their true crowning achievement, though... 2020: Henry Ruggs and Damon Arnette. Legal issues have ended the careers of both guys.

Maybe they should have both stayed in their TV jobs.
Mayock's performance as a GM cemented my views on him as a Draft analyst - substandard!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Zygmunt? Part of the clown show? Nope. I don't give a fuck how bad Mayock was, Zygmunt can rot in hell along with Shaw and Georgia. Sorry. I will never get past that.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Zygmunt? Part of the clown show? Nope. I don't give a fuck how bad Mayock was, Zygmunt can rot in hell along with Shaw and Georgia. Sorry. I will never get past that.
Tell us how you really feel. :laugh1:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Zygcunt? Part of the clown show? Nope. I don't give a fuck how bad Mayock was, Zygcunt can rot in hell along with Shaw and Georgia. Sorry. I will never get past that.

Fixed.

tempests

Hall of Fame
They were terrible in free agency too....Tyrell Williams, LaMarcus Joyner, Trent Brown...and the disastrous trade for Antonio Brown..

They brought in Nolan Nawrocki as a scout.... This was the guy who gave Aaron Donald a 4th/5th round grade before the 2014 draft.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Did the Raiders waste first round picks on DTs 2/3 years? We drafted defensive lineman like the Matt Millen Lions drafted receivers.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Wasn't Zygmunt an accountant who wanted to make football decisions? Georgia let her cronies tear down what should have been a dynasty.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
They were terrible in free agency too....Tyrell Williams, LaMarcus Joyner, Trent Brown...and the disastrous trade for Antonio Brown..

They brought in Nolan Nawrocki as a scout.... This was the guy who gave Aaron Donald a 4th/5th round grade before the 2014 draft.

That should disqualify one from being an NFL scout... binary decision... was AD a 1st round pick to you? No?

Okay, I'mma need ya to head on over to the insurance agent's seminar, that's in Hall B, room 304...