Gruden Bashing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Here's former Tampa QB Shaun King talking about Gruden.

[mp3]http://www.joebucsfan.com/media/ShaunKingonGruden.mp3[/mp3]

Here's where I found the audio...

“Jon Gruden Is Inherently Dishonest.”
November 1st, 2011

Last week Joe brought word of former Bucs wide receiver Meshawn Johnson unloading on former Bucs coach Chucky, both co-workers at BSPN.

Then, Chucky reacted with thin skin claiming he has thick skin.

Joe thought this was a felonious form of BSPN-on-BSPN crime.

A few days later, this topic came up amid discussion on the “too-Jewish” sounding King David Show, co-hosted by former Bucs quarterback Shaun King and Toby David heard weekdays on WQYK-AM 1010.

King, who is one of but three quarterbacks to lead the Bucs to an NFC title game, was in the locker room to see first-hand the vile that existed not just between Meshawn and Chucky, but other players. So King decided to detail some of the friction that went on between Chucky and his players and why few, if any players, respect Chucky.

Part of King’s undressing of Chucky was an explosive comment, “Jon Gruden is inherently dishonest.” King even invoked the name of Nick Saban into the discussion.

The full audio clip of the subject matter can be heard by clicking the little button below.

Audio courtesy of WQYK-AM 1010. [Hat tip Justin.]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=56565" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=56565</a>

More...

Shaun King calls Jon Gruden “inherently dishonest”
Posted by Mike Florio on November 2, 2011, 9:05 AM EDT
grudenx-large AP

Former NFL quarterback Shaun King, the starter in Tampa for part of 1999 and all of 2000, spent two years with the Bucs as a backup under former coach Jon Gruden. And King, whose media duties now include a radio show on WQYK-AM in Tampa, recently teed off on Gruden.

Sparked by Keyshawn Johnson’s recent criticism of Gruden, even though both men currently work for ESPN, King explained in detail his perception regarding Gruden’s coaching flaws.

The ultimate issue, King said, is Gruden’s inability to tell the truth to the grown men who populate an NFL locker room. Specifically, King said Gruden is “inherently dishonest.”

“From a relationship level I think Jon failed,” King said, echoing things that folks in Tampa publicly have said about Gruden for years. Specifically, Gruden had a reputation within the walls of the building of saying one thing and doing another.

King also hinted that Gruden’s style that simply won’t work at the NFL level for anyone other than Bill Belichick. Comparing Gruden to Nick Saban, King suggested that Gruden would be better off coaching at the college level, where Gruden could employ a more dictatorial style. (That said, the inability of a young quarterback to play like the Hall of Famer that Gruden would have been if he had only been several inches taller likely would make Gruden’s head explode.)

The folks at JoeBucsFan.com have a link to the audio of the conversation regarding Gruden. Whether or not anyone agrees with King, he brings an interesting — and informed — perspective.

Meanwhile, and in all fairness to Gruden, we’ll wait for one or more of his former players to publicly declare that Gruden is inherently honest.

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/02/shaun-king-calls-jon-gruden-inherently-dishonest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... dishonest/</a>

bluecoconuts

Legend
Jon Gruden makes me laugh sometimes with what he says, but I heard as a coach he's a dick. Has anyone seen when he takes QB's for the draft into his bus to go over things and talk with them? He took McCoy, Tebow, Clausen, and Bradford on there, and everyone except for Sam was calling him sir and acting like he was a football god... Bradford just leaned back and said "yeah..." because he recognized it was all just BS, I don't think he liked it very much.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm gonna share a little with you guys here @ ROD. If I understand it right, this Off Topic section can only be accessed by members. I feel a small amount of guilt talking shit, but not enough to keep it in.

I have always maintained that Jon Gruden's greatest talent is his posing ability. He loves the camera being focused on him. I laughed my ass off when I heard them mention him making his Chucky Face whenever the camera was on him. He has to be the center of attention. These guys are right when they say that the National fans don't have a true feeling about this POSER.

This is the part I probably shouldn't share. My son goes to HS and plays ball with Jay Gruden's son. Jay's the OC for the bengals this year, but he's still got his house and family down here in Orlando. I've sat next to Jay during many a football game, he loves him some attention too. He wants to be noticed and makes sure that he is. Embarrassingly. So much so that many others have brought the subject up with distain. My son has been over at their house and has shared drama shit he's seen from Jon and Jay. My son's 17, and in his words, "those guys act like girls with the stuff they talk about". :sly: He said his high maintenance girlfriend didn't require as much attention. Anyway...

Hopefully this doesn't come off as jealousy or something like that,,,, just trying to give you guys a little inside peek. I cringe when I see fans from elsewhere clamoring for Jon. Trust me, he's happiest in front of the camera. Good for him! I just don't ever want to see him standing on the sidelines in the Dome stealing camera time from Ram players.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Off Topic is viewable by everyone, including non-forum members.... But that story was funny and it doesn't shock me in the least bit, they've always come off that way.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
bluecoconuts said:
Off Topic is viewable by everyone, including non-forum members.... But that story was funny and it doesn't shock me in the least bit, they've always come off that way.

Opppppps... :sly:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had never heard any of this until today. I must say that I am surprised.