Gronk retires, AGAIN!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Great (sarcasm)… Even his agent keeps the door open.

Drew Rosenhaus: “In my opinion [Gronk] isn’t done”​

Tight end Rob Gronkowski announced his retirement from football on Tuesday, but someone close to Gronkowski does not believe that the decision is an irreversible one.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus has represented Gronkowski for a long time and he said shortly after Gronkowski’s announcement that he can envision the tight end making a different choice at some point in the very near future.

“In my opinion he isn’t done,” Rosenhaus told PFT via text. ” I would not be surprised to see him come back down the road.”

So how far down the road?

“It would not surprise me if Tom Brady calls him during the season to come back and Rob answers the call,” Rosenhaus told Adam Schefter of ESPN. “This is just my opinion but I wouldn’t be surprised if Rob comes back during the season or next season.”

Gronkowski came out of retirement once to join up with Brady in Tampa and doing so this time would likely mean that he’d avoid having to go to training camp before getting back into the lineup. That’s likely appealing to a veteran with as many scrapes as Gronkowski has picked up over the years, but that’s all speculation about what the future could hold.

For now, Gronkowski is retired and the Bucs will be looking elsewhere to fulfill their needs at tight end.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not the sharpest tool in the shed but he had a great career. He’ll stay retired if he wants to stay relatively healthy.

He's smart enough not to spend any of his contract money.

Only the money he makes from those ads I'm lucky enough not to be able to see here.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Animated GIF

Bye!

On a side note...wtf...where is the Matt Stafford super-bowl wave GIF?!

dang

Legend
Speaking at a charity event in Boston, Rob Gronkowski said "I'm done with football."
Asked if a call from Tom Brady would change his mind, Gronkowski said he'd take the call, but "I wouldn't go back to football, no." Regardless of what Gronkowski says, Drew Rosenhaus' statement that it wouldn't surprise him if Gronk returned to the NFL continues to point to the idea that nobody in the NFL really believes he's done. Gronkowski did seem fairly adamant that this was it for him, but it will remain an open question until he's on the couch in the playoffs.

Now if only Tom Brady can realize how fortunate he’s been and leaves gracefully before he’s unceremoniously driven into the ground we can bury a big part of the Cheatriot legacy. Also I believe I am speaking for many when I say we are tired of seeing your egotistical entitled ass on the field.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
During an interview, he let the world know that "69" is his favorite number "if you get what I mean?" No Gronk, we have no clue!

Flint

Pro Bowler
What does he have to do to convince people? He says he’s retiring, everyone says he’ll be back once the season starts. He says he’s done with football even if Brady calls, people still don’t believe it.
We all remember Gronk gettin blowed up vs the rams, another in a long list of injuries, and he’s not getting any more elusive. He’s got rings, he’s got fame, I’m sure he’s got offers left and right that don’t include getting your ribs broken. Why would he come back?

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
He’s done this before, and it’s actually pretty clever.
1) retire, missing training camp and pre-season.
2) when/if the team is ready to make a run, THEN come back.

Should he stay retired, the bucs might miss his blocking more than anything. As a receiver, his decline has been quite obvious to me. He’s battered and slow.

Great career, though. Knew it when he came out of college. Wanted the Rams to grab him. Obviously pissed when the cheatriots did instead.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
33yrs old… Career Earnings: $72,418,125.

Probably the aches and pains are real and he’s set.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
33yrs old… Career Earnings: $72,418,125.

Probably the aches and pains are real and he’s set.

Yeah, I’d cash out too; especially now that it’s become clear they can’t beat the Rams—even when they try to give the game back.

Flint

Pro Bowler
He’s done this before, and it’s actually pretty clever.
1) retire, missing training camp and pre-season.
2) when/if the team is ready to make a run, THEN come back.

Should he stay retired, the bucs might miss his blocking more than anything. As a receiver, his decline has been quite obvious to me. He’s battered and slow.

Great career, though. Knew it when he came out of college. Wanted the Rams to grab him. Obviously pissed when the cheatriots did instead.
I don’t know, maybe he wasn’t planning on it but Brady talked him into it. Why does he even need to go through all that misdirection though, have the trainer come up with plausible injury and take camp off.