Gregory to the 9ers per espn

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hope he sours the locker room.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And yet, not a word has been spoken from the media machine that SF has gone all in, buying a championship etc

Only the Rams did that apparently

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
And yet, not a word has been spoken from the media machine that SF has gone all in, buying a championship etc

This is a story that will take a few years to mature - how the 9ers spent 10 years building the 2020’s equivalent of the 90s Bills

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311

I hope they miss the Superbowl again this year. will make whatever happens easier to swallow for our rams. go rams!

dang

Legend

For the Rams it’s all about NEXT year. For the 69ers it’s all about THIS year. The Rams will be fun to watch this year as they improve week to week with their young guns. However Watching the 69ers peak at mid season, get knob schlobbed by the media as the best team since the peak Pats, then get close but fall short of a Lombardi will be almost as fun.
F the 69ers/RatBoy/Dweebo/Ugly Gronk/Bozo/The Thug Brothers/Street Shitter Fans and long live the drought to their next Lombardi. Then watch them implode as their window closes.

Last edited:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

Technically they still have the most current year CAP available. They could still take on a couple more prime contracts this year via trade. Therefore, they are not all-in for buying a championship until they do so.

If memory serves correct they will be about $20M over next year. A bit of restructuring and maybe 1 cut.

muggmeister

Rookie
Great a salary cap eater!
SF only owes him the league minimum as Denver picked up his remaining salary this year. He has zero guaranteed money after this year which means the Niners have almost zero invested in him, that's why I brought this up in another thread. Zero risk, possible reward.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SF only owes him the league minimum as Denver picked up his remaining salary this year. He has zero guaranteed money after this year which means the Niners have almost zero invested in him, that's why I brought this up in another thread. Zero risk, possible reward.
That was obvious when the trade was announced. It's the future salary cap implications. I'm sure since you felt compelled to inform of this you understand that side of the salary cap too!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That was obvious when the trade was announced. It's the future salary cap implications. I'm sure since you felt compelled to inform of this you understand that side of the salary cap too!
The future cap implications are addressed in the post. There's no more guaranteed money that they're committed to after this season, so they can just walk away.

I'm a little irritated by the deal, because the Rams obviously need help on the edge.. but I'm sure they have their reasons.

9ers basically gave a bag of chips

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
This is a great deal for the 9ers. Nobody comes in to a situation like this and screws it up. He will be on his best behavior. Wouldn't you. I hate it, but I can't deny it.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
This is a great deal for the 9ers. Nobody comes in to a situation like this and screws it up. He will be on his best behavior. Wouldn't you. I hate it, but I can't deny it.
Maybe but 'best behavior' would be kind of a novel concept to Randy Gregory.

He's always had talent but has he ever been really productive? I mean, nineteen sacks is a Great Season but that's Gregory's career total. Certainly agree that it's a very low-risk move for the Niners.