Gregg Williams could seek reinstatement hearing next month

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Brad Biggs
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Rep ... month.html

Suspended St. Louis Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams could potentially have a hearing next month to consider his reinstatement.

Williams was suspended indefinitely in the spring and Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that Williams could seek a hearing in December rather than February. By expediting the process, Williams could seek work for 2012 with a broader spectrum of choices if he is not going to return to the Rams.

Per La Canfora, no request has been filed with the NFL at this point. It could get really interesting, though, when it comes to suspension hearings for players that former commissioner Paul Tagliabue will oversee. Williams does not plan to participate in the hearings and the NFL might want him to testify. If that is the case, La Canfora speculates the league could tie reinstatement for Williams to his participation in the hearings. That could get awful sticky.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Re: Gregg Williams could seek reinstatement hearing next mon

I guess Gregg's been bent-over long enough for Goodell's liking, he'll get his reinstatement along with a number of "conditions"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

interference said:
I guess Gregg's been bent-over long enough for Goodell's liking, he'll get his reinstatement along with a number of "conditions"
A lot of people don't like GW, but I think we need him back. This DC-by-committee thing, I think, isn't working.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

X said:
interference said:
A lot of people don't like GW, but I think we need him back. This DC-by-committee thing, I think, isn't working.
We need the reckoning anyway,if he is or isn't coming back needs to be settled.

I can't see him testifying and continuing to hold players confidence/trust,although IMO that's pretty well blown already.
Maybe Rex Ryan will need a job next year :tooth: or maybe Ken Wisenhunts staff has some intriguing candidates.