Gregg Williams and Bountygate back in the news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Philly5

Rookie
IMO, nothing to worry about. Williams already did the punishment. Probably just a former player looking for a little cash, and some harassment of the Redskins.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
This is ridiculous....Is the double indemnity thing in effect?

It's double jeopardy and no that's only a legal not civil protection,besides the acts aren't the same they just allege the same behavior, the only way I see this effecting Williams is if he lied to Goodel and said it wasn't going on in Washington and now they prove it was and then a new league investigation would probably be done.
TO ME this makes the "everyone does it" argument more valid and I always believed it to be so in varying degrees

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's not a double indemnity thing YET because it's just a civil suit against the team and the player. It's just like how it wasn't double indemnity against OJ... but that might not be the best example. ;)

Conceivably, there might be a civil suit somewhere down the line against Williams, but that wouldn't cause him to be suspended or anything. At most, it'd distract him.
It could prove to be more than a distraction IF the ref's start looking closely at our D play because of it!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I will be furious if they come out of no where with some bullcrap ass case and we lose our DC again. I want to see our defense under GW!!!
I don't get where you think GW gets more time by the N F L ? He already served his time. I think it will be all about $$$$ damage.
There is no new evidence to this story.He already admitted to NFL what he did.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It's double jeopardy and no that's only a legal not civil protection,besides the acts aren't the same they just allege the same behavior, the only way I see this effecting Williams is if he lied to Goodel and said it wasn't going on in Washington and now they prove it was and then a new league investigation would probably be done.
TO ME this makes the "everyone does it" argument more valid and I always believed it to be so in varying degrees

What's a shame is, a whole bunch of guys know they offered money for performance...Big names, but they won't come forward.....Why????

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
What's a shame is, a whole bunch of guys know they offered money for performance...Big names, but they won't come forward.....Why????
Some have but get shouted down by the "I never saw it" talking heads.
Like I said UNLESS it's discovered that Williams bare faced lied to RG, I think he won't have any further action,HOWEVER as with Vick IF he lied aw shit!!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I don't get where you think GW gets more time by the N F L ? He already served his time. I think it will be all about $$$$ damage.
There is no new evidence to this story.He already admitted to NFL what he did.

Read the whole thread, this was already addressed.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yes.

The NFL can do whatever they want (legally) and assessing multiple penalties against a coach or player can happened... it has happened.

So, if this action goes in favor of the player and it is proven that bounties were put on players in Washington, I could see the NFL potentially assessing another penalty on Williams.

Remember, this is the "I call the shots" Goddell NFL. It's as much about image with him as it is about anything else.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It could prove to be more than a distraction IF the ref's start looking closely at our D play because of it!

This has been a concern of mine all along.

I can't imagine the refs aren't going to be looking very closely at how our defenders play and will have a "short whistle" if they see anything suspicious.

Fair? Nope.

But, at least for me, I'm fully expecting unfair treatment (so I don't blow a gasket then it happens). ;)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Frankly, while I believe that's a danger, I don't think this is going to be a reason for it.

I think I might have been the only one not really on board with the Williams re-hiring when it happened. Although I hope he proves me wrong.