Gregg Williams Abusing his Secondary

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I am happy with the way things are now progressing on D. Every since we broke the Sack drought it's getting better, and better each game! I would expect us to get to Palmer even more than we did Craperneck!! And we'll get those INT's we almost had in the last game too!!:D

fearsomefour

Legend
Palmer can't take as much heat as the Rams brought against SF. He's not mobile enough to evade it so he's going to turtle. Rams win if that happens.
But....he is a smart, vet QB, meaning he is much better at finding the open guy. I would like to see the Rams open up rushing four and see if they get there without the blitz like vs. SF. If you blitz a vet pocket passer and dont get there he will make you pay usually.

fearsomefour

Legend
Missed tackles showed up on that last drive too. Boldin is a tough guy to bring down for sure.

fearsomefour

Legend
I am happy with the way things are now progressing on D. Every since we broke the Sack drought it's getting better, and better each game! I would expect us to get to Palmer even more than we did Craperneck!! And we'll get those INT's we almost had in the last game too!!:D
I agree. 8 sacks vs. anyone is an epic day, vs a very mobile QB is impressive. That game was very close to be a blow out for the Rams. Roberson had a TD on that one....

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm with ramFan503 on this. Wrong game to choose tto argue that our d coord is incompetent. It As usual feels like certain people just like to ruffle feathers no matter what the outcome.
And I apologize that certain people get offended when a fan wants to critique a game and give thoughts and criticism after a win or a loss. What happens after a team wins a game? do you think they say 'hey that worked well enough lets just not practice this week'. No they go right back to it and look at ways to improve. Same philosophy in life you always strive to be better. I LOVE my team and my first statement was it was a GREAT defensive win but its not perfect. Why is it ok for an 'expert' or 'analyst' to critique even after a win but not me? So please sir I would appreciate you not knock on my post or others just because they want to give thoughts on how a team can improve. This forum was created to share opinions and thoughts and I did nothing to abuse the rules. Your post was not constructive or gave and insight you just posted to stir things up and let me know how you feel about me. So in the future if you dont agree with a post I have and have nothing constructive to say than please simply move on without comment. Thanks

fancents86

Starter
I'm with ramFan503 on this. Wrong game to choose tto argue that our d coord is incompetent. It As usual feels like certain people just like to ruffle feathers no matter what the outcome.
Pretty sure more than half the members here have been pissed at GW and his Defense all season and not just this game. this was a good game defensively, but then you have to ask "would the outcome have been the same if the Niners had all there starters at oline?". Niners oline is just as injury plagued as ours. If we can play the same against a great o line then I'll be more optimistic. But it's going to take more than one game to give GW a pat on the back.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I think you may be in for a letdown if you think they will sack Palmer "even more". First of all, its a statistical fact that scrambling QBs are sacked more than "pocket passers".

The other thing, Arians knows what to expect from the Rams and their pass rush. They torched the Rams last years with 3 step drops, quick timing throws, and left the d-line looking around wondering what was going on. With big WRs like Fitzgerald and Floyd, the matchups definitely favor the Cardinals receivers vs. our CBs.

If Williams tries to get blitz happy, it's gonna be a long day for our secondary. Conversely, they need to play alot of "Man 2" pressuring the wideouts with help over the top. But to go into this game thinking because Palmer isn't as mobile as Kaepernick he will somehow be a sitting duck back there, well, I disagree with that completely.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think you may be in for a letdown if you think they will sack Palmer "even more". First of all, its a statistical fact that scrambling QBs are sacked more than "pocket passers".

The other thing, Arians knows what to expect from the Rams and their pass rush. They torched the Rams last years with 3 step drops, quick timing throws, and left the d-line looking around wondering what was going on. With big WRs like Fitzgerald and Floyd, the matchups definitely favor the Cardinals receivers vs. our CBs.

If Williams tries to get blitz happy, it's gonna be a long day for our secondary. Conversely, they need to play alot of "Man 2" pressuring the wideouts with help over the top. But to go into this game thinking because Palmer isn't as mobile as Kaepernick he will somehow be a sitting duck back there, well, I disagree with that completely.
I think the biggest obstacle will be how to handle the RB. He's a major threat out of the backfield, and if GW wants to load up and blitz, it's no exaggeration that Ellington can take it to the house. We saw Sproles make an impact on a limited number of snaps, Ellington has just as much playmaking ability out of the backfield and will be in there full time.

If there's a game for GW to trust the front four a little more, it'll be this one.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
And I apologize that certain people get offended when a fan wants to critique a game and give thoughts and criticism after a win or a loss. What happens after a team wins a game? do you think they say 'hey that worked well enough lets just not practice this week'. No they go right back to it and look at ways to improve. Same philosophy in life you always strive to be better. I LOVE my team and my first statement was it was a GREAT defensive win but its not perfect. Why is it ok for an 'expert' or 'analyst' to critique even after a win but not me? So please sir I would appreciate you not knock on my post or others just because they want to give thoughts on how a team can improve. This forum was created to share opinions and thoughts and I did nothing to abuse the rules. Your post was not constructive or gave and insight you just posted to stir things up and let me know how you feel about me. So in the future if you dont agree with a post I have and have nothing constructive to say than please simply move on without comment. Thanks

I agree. Quite a few self-righteous cheerleaders on here. This is a comment board. Some people want to treat this like North Korea after a win.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree. Quite a few self-righteous cheerleaders on here. This is a comment board. Some people want to treat this like North Korea after a win.
I would tread lightly with these kinds of comments or one of these self righteous cheerleaders might boot you. The purpose of this site and the reason many of us here have helped build this site has been gone over ad infinitum. I don't see anyone threatening this thread with deletion but comments like these by you are derogatory toward members and acting like a little bitch is certainly not going to get anyone to give a damn if you are gone.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You don't have the clout to define what kind of board this is.
And if you don't like "cheerleaders", then find a board that more suits your needs.

It's that simple.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
It's true I have no clout to run this board. I'm perfectly able to describe it, however - 99% of which I love and appreciate. I truly do. This is a great site. The last two days have been weird, though. Been mocked and criticized the last couple of days for saying I think Hill should be given a shot. I wasn't angry with the attacks. I have zero issues with them, because that's what a comment board does. They disagreed with me - cartoon pictures that say LOL at this guy, got called a feisty little guy - big deal. Ironically, I actually hope they are right and Davis is the real deal. I defended my views, however, and responded to the attacks with some sarcasm of my own. After all, that's how they responded to me, but for some reason my sarcasm and mocking is a big deal. My sarcasm may not have been polite, but it was not even close to inappropriate. I've since been told twice to tread lightly. Again, you're right, I have no clout to run this board. Let's be honest, though, if I had made my exact same comments, but was arguing that Davis should continue starting because we won, I never would have been told to tread lightly. Feel free to reread my posts. If ya think I crossed the line - go ahead and ban me. I'll miss this great board, I truly didn't mean to offend anyone. I just think some people are just being a little thin-skinned and overly sensitive. This feisty little guy needs to go eat a big feasty now. Have a good night.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

"Sack drought." Now that's a good way to put it. I got another drought I feel is starting to see some rain on.

After Tavon Sniffed the end zone, called back, I felt like he smelled a little blood in the water on his next return. He was less dance and more go. I felt like it was a huge step forward, mentally.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's true I have no clout to run this board. I'm perfectly able to describe it, however - 99% of which I love and appreciate. I truly do. This is a great site. The last two days have been weird, though. Been mocked and criticized the last couple of days for saying I think Hill should be given a shot. I wasn't angry with the attacks. I have zero issues with them, because that's what a comment board does. They disagreed with me - cartoon pictures that say LOL at this guy, got called a feisty little guy - big deal. Ironically, I actually hope they are right and Davis is the real deal. I defended my views, however, and responded to the attacks with some sarcasm of my own. After all, that's how they responded to me, but for some reason my sarcasm and mocking is a big deal. My sarcasm may not have been polite, but it was not even close to inappropriate. I've since been told twice to tread lightly. Again, you're right, I have no clout to run this board. Let's be honest, though, if I had made my exact same comments, but was arguing that Davis should continue starting because we won, I never would have been told to tread lightly. Feel free to reread my posts. If ya think I crossed the line - go ahead and ban me. I'll miss this great board, I truly didn't mean to offend anyone. I just think some people are just being a little thin-skinned and overly sensitive. This feisty little guy needs to go eat a big feasty now. Have a good night.
Feel free to PM me with what you are talking about. Personally, I don't care if someone feels Davis shouldn't start. I may not agree but - so? Where you run afoul is with this:

Not sure why you would even wonder how this wouldn't draw negative attention to you. And if you don't see it, I can't help you. I'm not going to sit back and let you or anyone else pull this kind of crap.

If Fish replaced Davis with Hill tomorrow, you wouldn't see me harping about how stupid of a move it was. I might openly disagree but.....

But at this little back and forth's crux is that right after we held the Whiners to 10 fucking points and sacked Krappy 8 times and rattled him all game long, along comes a post about how he screwed up ONE of the 60 minutes of the game. And to top it off, when I asked for Robo to back up some of his assertions of "Official" numbers with a simple link.... Crickets.

Keep in mind. It's not one post or one thread we look at. We go by a body of work in most cases. We look at virtually EVERY post here. And when you only have a few posts, and one of them is commenting as you did, don't be a fool in thinking you are going to get some benefit of the doubt.

If as you say, you appreciate this site, appreciate how and why it was built.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Feel free to PM me with what you are talking about. Personally, I don't care if someone feels Davis shouldn't start. I may not agree but - so? Where you run afoul is with this:

Not sure why you would even wonder how this wouldn't draw negative attention to you. And if you don't see it, I can't help you. I'm not going to sit back and let you or anyone else pull this kind of crap.

If Fish replaced Davis with Hill tomorrow, you wouldn't see me harping about how stupid of a move it was. I might openly disagree but.....

But at this little back and forth's crux is that right after we held the Whiners to 10 freaking points and sacked Krappy 8 times and rattled him all game long, along comes a post about how he screwed up ONE of the 60 minutes of the game. And to top it off, when I asked for Robo to back up some of his assertions of "Official" numbers with a simple link.... Crickets.

Keep in mind. It's not one post or one thread we look at. We go by a body of work in most cases. We look at virtually EVERY post here. And when you only have a few posts, and one of them is commenting as you did, don't be a fool in thinking you are going to get some benefit of the doubt.

If as you say, you appreciate this site, appreciate how and why it was built.
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/...op&rand=ref~{"ref":"https://www.google.com/"}

here you go sir. 3 scks on 22 blitzes. of those 3 most were just bringing one blitzer. go look at the replays yourself they're all over the message board like I said. it's been a proven fact all season the more players we blitz doesn't help us get more sacks.

I simply didn't feel like responding to you anymore cus I just didn't want argument. I'm trying to take the higher road so please don't drag my name through the mud. I posted a perfectly good thread with lots of thumbs up and agreement. so please stop fighting with others members which will just result in getting my thread locked. you contributed to starting an argument please take the higher road and let it go.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@DrLurkalot

Here's the thing. You stuck your nose in where it didn't belong. And when someone does that, especially when it's addressed to a mod, it's going to cause some negative feedback. Case in point: my rant in the Davis thread which you addressed in the post below -

Yet you just bi$#hed and moaned more than everyone combined on this thread….and after a win. There's disagreement, but nothing compared to Ramstalk. Some of us think Hill is better than Davis. Some us think it's ok to express that opinion whether Kaep hangs onto that ball or not. Lighten up, Frances.

We don't know each other well enough to be sarcastic. Btw you used the feminine version of the name Francis which makes it even more insulting. :sneaky: Get to know us all a little bit better before you jump right in and make assumptions and hurl insults.

North Korea? WTH does that even mean?

Mods spend a lot of time on this site posting articles, refereeing the members, and dealing with technical issues. We do it for free and don't ask anyone here to kiss our butts for it. But we do insist on some basic respect. It's not that we can't handle the abuse, it's that we don't need to take it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=st-louis-rams&id=13286&src=desktop&rand=ref~{"ref":"https://www.google.com/"}

here you go sir. 3 scks on 22 blitzes. of those 3 most were just bringing one blitzer. go look at the replays yourself they're all over the message board like I said. it's been a proven fact all season the more players we blitz doesn't help us get more sacks.

I simply didn't feel like responding to you anymore cus I just didn't want argument. I'm trying to take the higher road so please don't drag my name through the mud. I posted a perfectly good thread with lots of thumbs up and agreement. so please stop fighting with others members which will just result in getting my thread locked. you contributed to starting an argument please take the higher road and let it go.

You do know that just because they " only" got 3 sacks doesn't tell the whole story? Pressure is just as big as sacks. IDK why you need to criticize the defense game plan when it was effective. 10 points. 8 sacks. Pressure. Run game shut down. Only a couple 3rd and longs allowed.

Criticism is fine when its warranted, not because you need to.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
Fair enough. I apologize that you felt disrespected. You guys run a great site and deserve respect and thanks. I meant no disrespect to the site or the mods. Didn't even realize I was telling a Mod to lighten up - was just making a point - and the women's spelling was accidental - I ain't that clever. Not backtracking on my thoughts. Still think them, but I'll be a good soldier and am more than ready to just move on. My N. Korea comment was a reference to how they completely control their media to make it seem to their people as if their leader and country is the best at everything. I was making an exaggerated reference to how everyone who had any suggestions of improvement for the team after the win were being told to be silent and just celebrate the win. Hope we can just agree to disagree on all this crap and move on.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I hope we get JJ back this week. Tru needs to be brought back in slowly.