Greg Robinson.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know a lot of people are down on him, but for me I'm excited. The last 4 games Robinson has played lights out no sacks giving no penalties and no blown assignments. He even kept Michael Bennet in check who is going to the pro bowl. He only had 1 tackle no qb hits or pressures. This was his First full year at left tackle. I really believe he picks up where he left off and going into next year our Oline will be a strength of this team.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Is this legit? I'm hoping to see Robinson, Brown, Barnes, Whichmann, Havenstein. Toss in maybe an early round center. Saffold cut in my scenario, with Reynolds, Battle, Williams, and Donnal for the depth.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The entire offensive line showed improvement throughout the season. Makes me very hopeful for the future. Finally, I think we can spend high picks elsewhere. At this point I am content to add depth and assume our starters are in place. The only place I think we need to actively look for an updated is center. But Tim Barnes was definitely passable.

Q729

Legend
Here's hoping there actually is such a thing as carrying momentum into the offseason.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I was not happy with the Grob pick at the time thought we could've traded and picked up an extra 2nd.But I will admit that he was playing better towards the end of the season. So hopefully he continues to progress next year and starts to justify that 2nd overall pick.I do believe this Oline could be very good next year.But our OLT has to be one of the better lineman to do that.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I don't know what the change was but Boras made a big difference for our Oline

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
G-Rob was manhandling this guy Bennett for most of the game... Bennett looks like Deacon Jones today...almost unblockable..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't know what the change was but Boras made a big difference for our Oline

Glad someone else saw that connection and I agree. Boras clearly did a better job focusing the protections and/or gameplanning/scheming for the opponents. He gave GRob a little help and the OL as a whole protected very well.

Thing with GRob is he's not a turd like Smith was. I am worried about him but the hope isn't dried up just yet.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We gave up the fewest sacks as a team. I know that stat can be skewed a bit, by our philosophy, but our philosophy didn't change from the last few years, and it's way down from those years. Our future is bright from an OL standpoint.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
G-Rob was manhandling this guy Bennett for most of the game... Bennett looks like Deacon Jones today...almost unblockable..

I think Bennett is rather average. That's not a knock on GRob, I hear he played rather well. I had to deal with flooding in my basement so on couldn't watch it, but it's finally an encouraging sign from him.

However, putting Deacon Jones or even Robert Quinn in the same sentence with Captain Overrated I just can't agree with that.:). Every time I've seen him play I've come away thinking his rep comes from his big talk.

jap

Legend
I think Bennett is rather average. That's not a knock on GRob, I hear he played rather well. I had to deal with flooding in my basement so on couldn't watch it, but it's finally an encouraging sign from him.

However, putting Deacon Jones or even Robert Quinn in the same sentence with Captain Overrated I just can't agree with that.:). Every time I've seen him play I've come away thinking his rep comes from his big talk.

Damn straight!!! The Mighty One does all his talking with his play. The Minister of Defense, Deacon Jones, talked your ears off, but he backed up all his words big time!
Next year GRob will officially morph into Gregzilla and pancake Bennett like it's going out of style!

MountainRam

Rookie
I asked in another thread too, does anyone know a website where I look up number of 5 and 7 step drop passing plays per team/game. Thanks.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I don't think that we get an early round center and a decent QB in this draft so I think that our line is pretty much set. I sure hope that they continue to improve with age!

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Glad someone else saw that connection and I agree. Boras clearly did a better job focusing the protections and/or gameplanning/scheming for the opponents. He gave GRob a little help and the OL as a whole protected very well.

Thing with GRob is he's not a turd like Smith was. I am worried about him but the hope isn't dried up just yet.

Do you really think Boras would've had the same success if Havenstein hadn't returned from injury and then field the same 5 starters for 4 consecutive games?

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I hope Robinson works out...... but, after I read a story about him after the draft, I shook my head in fear that we drafted another bust.

The story talked about Robinson going to Auburn and redshirting his Freshman year not because he was injured, but because he had no idea what going on ; He was lost!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Do you really think Boras would've had the same success if Havenstein hadn't returned from injury and then field the same 5 starters for 4 consecutive games?

Of course not.

Would you say Boras deserves no credit for the best pass pro this line has had in a long time in the series of games where he was OC?

Is there a reason it has to be one or the other?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I hope Robinson works out...... but, after I read a story about him after the draft, I shook my head in fear that we drafted another bust.

The story talked about Robinson going to Auburn and redshirting his Freshman year not because he was injured, but because he had no idea what going on ; He was lost!

My JV year our offense had basically 20 plays.

It's okay to be lost as a freshman in college because not all high schools have anywhere close to college playbooks. A lot of players redshirt while they adjust.

My problem with him is (and this is only something I've seen people comment on. I've never actually read it from a source ) he doesn't seem to practice that hard and is hard to get in the film room. If true, this is not a feature you want in someone anchoring the line. Champions are made when no one is looking. Jerry Rice was Jerry Rice because of his work ethic. Marshall Faulk had a ton of God given talent, but he's a hall of fame because of his work ethic.

jjab360

Legend

A ton of football players redshirt their freshman year to get acclimated...

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm still a fan of GRob.

All the physical talent needed to be a Pro Bowler.

But I've gotta admit that I would feel a lot better if I learned that he had enrolled himself in some LeCharles Bently type of offseason development program.

Seems to me that that is what a player driven to be the best would do.