Greg Robinson Declares For 2014 Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Again, I think the addition of another quality OT hurts our chances for a trade down but increases our chances of drafting a good one.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Alan - I get where you are going with this but what if Bortles puts up combine / Pro Day performances that has a QB needy team just "have to have him"? All we need is one to be willing to overpay.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Max that was some fine twitter embed skills. You be leet.
These old bastages and their protests when we first switched software...

NOW look at 'em. :heh:

Alan

Legend
BigRamFan adding to the mix:
Alan - I get where you are going with this but what if Bortles puts up combine / Pro Day performances that has a QB needy team just "have to have him"? All we need is one to be willing to overpay.

I think you're right about that BigRam but there are two issues here. There are a bunch of teams that need a QB but there is another group of teams who desperately need a LT. His decision doesn't effect the first group but I think it has a big effect on the second group. Not for the better I would think.

Alan

Legend
Hey, I heard that! :mad: :razz:

I prefer the term curmudgeon.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I am sure one of the grumpy old men is stilling holding a grudge
He'll get over it.

DIAx7bk.jpg

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I think you're right about that BigRam but there are two issues here. There are a bunch of teams that need a QB but there is another group of teams who desperately need a LT. His decision doesn't effect the first group but I think it has a big effect on the second group. Not for the better I would think.
But, for my liking at least, the QB needy teams are right in the wheelhouse of where I'd hope we'd be drafting. I hope we don't trade down too far. I also think QBs fetch a better asking price.

In another post you had suggested the possibility of 2 trade downs. That would be best case scenario, IMO as well. We trade with CLE to get to 4 so they get their choice of QB by leapfrogging JAX then we swap with ATL to 6 so then can prevent OAK from taking Clowney, all the while stockpiling early 2nd round picks. We could, theoretically at least pick 1-6 then 2-4 (CLE), 2-10(ours) and 2-12 (ATL). That would be 5 picks in the first 44!

Alan

Legend
Nice! You captured my best side. :woot:
:buttkisser: I'm adding this for old times' sake.

Alan

Legend
BigRamFan thinking clearly:
But, for my liking at least, the QB needy teams are right in the wheelhouse of where I'd hope we'd be drafting. I hope we don't trade down too far. I also think QBs fetch a better asking price.

In another post you had suggested the possibility of 2 trade downs. That would be best case scenario, IMO as well. We trade with CLE to get to 4 so they get their choice of QB by leapfrogging JAX then we swap with ATL to 6 so then can prevent OAK from taking Clowney, all the while stockpiling early 2nd round picks. We could, theoretically at least pick 1-6 then 2-4 (CLE), 2-10(ours) and 2-12 (ATL). That would be 5 picks in the first 44!

Love it!

Yep, that was my dream too.

As for the first part though, I always like to keep all options open.

Alan

Legend
We know better max. You're always coming up with good stuff like that and it's no accident.

Alan

Legend
LOL!

Be careful, I know where you get your burgers CGI. (insert our old smiley with the threatening bat that I was promised we'd get back :sad:)