Greg Robinson being compared to Orlando Pace

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
According to SI.com's Greg Bedard, Auburn LT Greg Robinson is most often compared to Orlando Pace "in league circles" for his physicality as a run blocker.
Robinson is not nearly as pro-ready a pass blocker as Pace was coming out of Ohio State, but his size-athleticism combo is on par with or even superior to the future Hall of Famer. Despite that massive upside, there is a growing groundswell for St. Louis to bypass Robinson in favor of Texas A&M LT Jake Matthews at No. 2 overall. Matthews is viewed as the "safer" tackle prospect.
Related: Rams

fearsomefour

Legend
If you want to take pieces and compare you can.
That must mean Im like Howie Long in that we are both carbon based life forms.
I don't buy the hype with Robinson.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Yup, it's pretty weak to compare physical size and measurements, then project performance results to a HoFamer.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
According to SI.com's Greg Bedard, Auburn LT Greg Robinson is most often compared to Orlando Pace "in league circles" for his physicality as a run blocker.
Robinson is not nearly as pro-ready a pass blocker as Pace was coming out of Ohio State, but his size-athleticism combo is on par with or even superior to the future Hall of Famer. Despite that massive upside, there is a growing groundswell for St. Louis to bypass Robinson in favor of Texas A&M LT Jake Matthews at No. 2 overall. Matthews is viewed as the "safer" tackle prospect.
Related: Rams
lmfao @ superior....... :gtfo:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I thought Orlando Pace was a much better pass protector than a run blocker. His run blocking really tailed off later in his career and Walter Jones was a much better run blocker than Pace. I always preferred Jones and would compare his run blocking more to Robinsons.

I would compare Robinsons pass blocking to Alex Barron.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I thought Orlando Pace was a much better pass protector than a run blocker. His run blocking really tailed off later in his career and Walter Jones was a much better run blocker than Pace. I always preferred Jones and would compare his run blocking more to Robinsons.

I would compare Robinsons pass blocking to Alex Barron.

Man oh man... you had to bring up Alex Barron. Every time I hear/read that name... :cry: