Greg Gabriel: Did the Rams Add Enough to Compete for the NFC Title?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
If you're going to bang the drum for more free agent signings, then you're also going to have to bang the drum for players to be cut to make room under the cap to sign those free agents with.

And please don't list Barron as one of those cuts, because of they were going to cut Barron they would've already done so.

I don't think they'll be restructuring any contracts either, as they're already going to be strapped for the next few years.
You are correct. I was suggesting bargain $$ signings at this point. Something like $1M signings with nothing guaranteed so they would have to make the 53 man roster. They would be replacing someone making $600k-$700k.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Unfortunately for them, they will have to beat us... I will take our roster and coaching staff over any team and the folks placing bets on the Super Bowl seem to see it my way..

I’m not saying we can’t rise to the top. It won’t be easy, though.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I’m not saying we can’t rise to the top. It won’t be easy, though.

Oh I know, and I agree completely.

I personally am not predicting anything. Im not sure what our basement is for this team (dont want to know!) but I believe that the pieces necessary to achieve great things are in place. Doing it will still require a certain amount of luck and good mojo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well then, that leaves Lucas as the odd man out.
Unless Blythe gets outplayed.

Maybe they keep 10? Doubtful, but at this point, that's what I am going to cipher as I fall to sleep.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Here’s my take...

I reeeeeally like this team as it’s currently constituted, although a few outside FA tweaks will still likely be brought in.

I mean, everything is so balanced from coaching, to FO, to the O, the D, the ST. That’s pretty rare altitude, y’all.

If I HAD to pick a weakness it would be to call the upcoming LB corps unproven and the TE corps underachieving thus far. Even there we know that Wade is all over his LB corps development and McVay understands TE development and deployment like few others. And those are our “weaknesses”? Wow!

I really think that all 3 units could be Top 5. Each unit’s stellar play will only make the effectiveness of the other 2 all that much more potent. For example, the D giving the O more possessions resulting from turnovers. The O playing keep away from opposing D while scoring lots of points, giving our D ample rest and a nice lead so that they can release the hounds. Our ST flipping field position. Call it the synergy factor if you want, but the results could be devastating for our opponents.

I’m hard pressed to recall such a similarly balanced Ram team. Certainly since two of the GSOT teams. And the great Ram teams of the 70’s and 80’s lacked this team’s O status, IMO.

In short, I do feel that S&M kinda “finished” this overall team this offseason.

But it’s also true that the Eagles and Vikings have assembled formidable rosters and are also well coached. Plus the Saints are only a tick behind maybe a little bit because of Brees’ advancing age.

The NFC will be a tremendous knock down drag out fight all through the playoffs, no doubt.