Greatest offense of all time?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

James Otto

Starter
So, I was looking through the offensive numbers this year, and thinking how great it feels to have a high powered attack again. Not quite on par with the 1999 team at this point, but close.

But looking at the big picture, go to the year 2000, and just imagine what that offense would have looked like had Warner not gotten hurt against the Chiefs. For perspective through 6 games that year ....

43.6 PPG
504.6 YPG
Warner had thrown for nearly 2300 yards and 17 TD

That team would have scored 650 points, Warner would have thrown for 6000 yards, and been hands down been the greatest offense in NFL history.

Amazing.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
And that was all before the WR and QB protection rules.

It really was called the GREATEST SHOW for a reason!

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Well 6 games ain't a season......
tenor.gif

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Let me think on this. I am an old man. lol Are you talking Rams Offense or Offense in general?

James Otto

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well 6 games ain't a season......

The point was that Warner was injured in game 7 - he was never the same that season when he returned. I can only imagine how we would have ended up had that injury not occurred.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This offense is incredibly fun to watch, but I don't feel comfortable crowning them just yet. Let's let them run the table for a while first IMO.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think of the three great years with Warner and Faulk together, the 2000 offense was the best, particularly when we consider that our defense was historically bad that year. On D, we couldn't stop a girl scout troop. On O, we couldn't be stopped by any D. If you look at the Rams losses that year, they were virtually all games where the team beat itself on offense, because they were playing mistake free football, the only thing that stopped Rams drives was the ref's whistle when a Ram crossed the goal line with a football in his hand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cunningham would make sense as he was better than McNabb.

It was Cunningham, McNabb was only a Viking in 2011 and for just 6 games. I remember because St. Louis Ram GM Steve Ortmayer and Head Coach Rich Brooks chose signing Steve Walsh over Randall Cunningham back in 96 Walsh lasted three games until giving way to Tony Banks and Ormayer & Brooks found themselves unemployed after that season.

Ten Worst Rams Free Agent Signings: #2 Steve Walsh

535ab0ca4aab2.image.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Ellard80

Legend
Yes I have heard Warner talk about how that team would have shattered all the yardage and points records - had the injury not happened.

It would have been epic... however as some of you said - the defense was epic in it's incompetence as well.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were both there.
Can't remember which was the QB for their best year.
Cunningham would make sense as he was better than McNabb.
McNabb was tragically awful and played only a handful of games with none of that supporting cast. Culpepper/Cunningham/George all led some prolific Minnesota offense

fearsomefour

Legend
McNabb was tragically awful and played only a handful of games with none of that supporting cast. Culpepper/Cunningham/George all led some prolific Minnesota offense
Yeah they were a revolving door of talented vet QBs for awhile......unlike now haha.
Cunningham was fun to watch play.