Great AD99 interview with Chris Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I never thought he was as heavy as some have speculated. Once I started hearing 280 or HEAVIER, I thought, “no way.”
I would have guessed 265-270ish. He was just too quick.

Turducken

Starter
I never thought he was as heavy as some have speculated. Once I started hearing 280 or HEAVIER, I thought, “no way.”
I would have guessed 265-270ish. He was just too quick.
I'd love to have seen him go through the combine this year just to put up better numbers than every other DT prospect.

He ran a 4.68 at 285 in 2014. He would have gone sub-4.6 at 260. He would have probably bettered all his combine numbers at the end of his career.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I thought that was fascinating too. An elite DT playing at just over 250lbs in the NFL? And racking up 20.5 sacks and 25 TFL's and winning DPOY while doing so? And lastly... they essentially kept his low weight a secret all year?

Interesting stuff. Makes you wonder about the conventional wisdom regarding a DT's weight. Granted AD is a freak.... a super freak. But could other strong and undersized and cat-quick DT's create some mismatches?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYHxGBH6o4M