Graham Harrell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Harrell was cut by the Packers. I know most Rams fans are less than comfy with the backup QB situation at present. How do you see Graham Harrell as a potential fit in STL? Is it worth the time or roster spot it would take to get him up to speed with this offense?

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I think he'd be worth a look. I was just thinking the same thing when I saw he was released. I'm not sure how invested Fish is in Davis though

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You wanna replace garbage with more garbage? Time to start drafting backup qbs starting the next draft.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
kurtfaulk said:

You wanna replace garbage with more garbage? Time to start drafting backup qbs starting the next draft.

I'm on board with that. I don't think Harrell is much, plus he does not know our system and it's pretty late in the preseason to figure that out. I'd rather the Rams draft one next year, when we won't have so many glaring needs that each pick needs to fill

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
As always, I'm with the draft one group. Keep Austin as our #2 and Clemens phone number on speed dial in case of Armageddon.

V3

Hall of Fame
kurtfaulk said:

Call me crazy, but I kinda think Mark Sanchez would be a decent fit here as a backup once he's cut by the Jets next year. I'm not sure if he'd go for it but I seriously doubt anyone is going to give him a starting job. He already knows Shotty's system and he's better than anything we have now. We wouldn't have to spend a pick on a QB either.

Just a thought.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
V3 thinking outside the box:
Call me crazy, but I kinda think Mark Sanchez would be a decent fit here as a backup once he's cut by the Jets next year. I'm not sure if he'd go for it but I seriously doubt anyone is going to give him a starting job. He already knows Shotty's system and he's better than anything we have now. We wouldn't have to spend a pick on a QB either.
OK, you're crazy.

Now that we have that out of the way, I think that's a very interesting idea. Lots of if's there but if the price is right he's certainly better than someone like Clemens ever was. Plus Sam is way too young for us to be thinking about his replacement.

iced

V3 said:
kurtfaulk said:

Just a thought.

i'd entertain it for a camp battle

but i'd still draft one

V3

Hall of Fame
iced said:
V3 said:
kurtfaulk said:

Just a thought.

i'd entertain it for a camp battle

but i'd still draft one

I'm open to drafting one if a decent prospect falls to us. Kinda like Mallet did for the Cheatriots.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/28/report-graham-harrell-agrees-to-contract-with-jets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... with-jets/</a>
Report: Graham Harrell agrees to contract with Jets
With uncertainty surrounding the health of Mark Sanchez and the readiness of Geno Smith, the New York Jets have added another quarterback to their roster.

According to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com, the Jets have agreed to terms on a contract with former Green Bay Packers quarterback Graham Harrell. He’s expected to report to the team on Wednesday.

The Jets also planned on taking a look at John Beck this week but ultimately decided to go with Harrell to add to their shaky signal-caller situation. Harrell will join Sanchez, Smith, Greg McElroy and Matt Simms as quarterbacks on the Jets’ roster.

Harrell was released by the Packers this week after being beat out by Vince Young for the backup job to Aaron Rodgers. Harrell was 23 for 42 (55-percent) for 169 yards and an interception in three preseason games with the Packers this year. He’s appeared in just four regular season games, all in 2012, with just four attempted passes.
If there was ever in interest any him it's too late now. :bg:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
All the QB's that were or who have been available are no longer with the recent injuries to the Bills & Jets QB's so the likes of Thad Lewis & now Graham Harrell are no longer out there.

IMO unless the Rams make a trade or await the release of someone like Dennis Dixon of the Eagles and I only post about him because the Rams had him last year, it appears they will go forward with Davis & Clemens and hopefully next year address the back-up position via the draft. Let's all hope for a full year of Sam the Rams!