Grade Jared Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jared Cook's 2013 grade:

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • C

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • D

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With five catches Sunday, Jared Cook finished with 51 receptions for the season, the most for a Rams tight end since the move to St. Louis in 1995.

671 yards / 5 TD's

By my count; that's 8th in yards among TE's.

What grade do you give him on the season?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm gonna give him a B here. If I'm remembering correct, they said that Cook set the rams record for receptions and yards by a TE. If that is true (never certified it for myself) then we should be happy to have just seen the best ram TE and knowing that he can be much better. I think he needs to work on his hands though

Name
JP
I would say C, just because I had such high expectations for him this year. To be honest, if there was a way to get out of his contract, I would be fine going into next year with Kendricks and Harkey. They are better suited for our offense that we run now. Cook doesn't want to do anything but play WR. He is very lazy when it comes to blocking.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
A C b/c he disappeared in games and wasn't consistent. Dropped easy passes. Wasn't used enough (although that can't be all on him).

Didn't live up to the superstar hype during camp. I hope next season they use him like New Orleans, SD, or Dallas uses their TEs.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Oh that ain't no shit. But for what its worth. We didn't bring him in to block, we have some guys that are damn good at that. Harkey especially.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think if he had better hands, he would be elite.

Name
JP
Oh that ain't no shyte. But for what its worth. We didn't bring him in to block, we have some guys that are damn good at that. Harkey especially.

I love Harkey!! I know Cook isn't here to block, but when he has to, he is HORRIBLE at it!!!!!:jerkoff:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm going to give him a C. Not so much because he can't block or won't...that's not why we signed him. It's because he has so much athletic talent and should be getting open a lot more and isn't. It feels like he isn't trying as much as some of the other guys.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I gave him a "B" and graded on a curve.

The whole offense was a disjointed mess... Pass happy early in season, Pettis as the #2 WR early, Stacy not a starter until after 5 games... Fisher intervened, Sam went down, Austin and Bailey not really used much, and we never formed much of anything resembling consistency.

While I'm okay with Schotty coming back; he needs to game plan to OUR PLAYERS STRENGTHS!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I gave him a B. He didn't live up to the contract we gave him, but he did play very well at times. I think he can do even better next year.

iced

if he gave more effort and actually was able to block he'd get an A, but i dropped him to a C for that. When you're a tight end and you have to come off the field on running downs...

Alan

Legend
rfip the second feeling a little queasy:
Watching his blocking makes me sick to my stomach EJ!!! :slap::slap:
I'd lend you mine throw up bag but it's full from using it myself. I gave him a C only because I couldn't give him a C-. I never felt like you could count on him. I'm used to good TEs being fall back options.

If I needed a third down converted he'd probably be the last person I look to to get the job done. He damn near cost us the game against Arizona, didn't learn from that against Tampa Bay. He has too many drops. He is being paying paid far too much. He isn't competent when it comes to blocking. Except for that A.

A55VA6

Legend
I gave him a C, just because of the expectations and how he didn't live up to them.

OhioRam

Rookie
I gave him a C but he did get better in blocking as the season went on. Still the best Tight End we had in a long time.
I think he will be a lil better next year just needs to clean up a few drops

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I gave him a B but I want to say its a B- not a B. Next year I bet he puts up even better production.

…..

Legend
I know we never thought we'd say this....but I thought Lance was more steady/dependable, just less dynamic.

I give Lance a B and Cook a C despite the stats.