Got a Liam Coen question for y’all…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Allen Robinson and Tutu Atwell have been really lighting it up this offseason. I mean, lots of absolutely RAVE reviews for both.

Liam Coen was hired by McVay this offseason to help turbocharge this O as OC.

Not to dismiss the efforts of these 2 players in any way, but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that both are exploding under the influence of Coen.

I’ve said it before but I think that the Coen hire was an upgrade over the newly promoted O’Connell. Amazing. How does McVay keep pulling these asst coach rabbits out of his hat?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Coen should be calling it this weekend vs Staley too. Hope the offense plays well.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Allen Robinson and Tutu Atwell have been really lighting it up this offseason. I mean, lots of absolutely RAVE reviews for both.

Not to dismiss the efforts of these 2 players in any way, but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that both are exploding under the influence of Coen.

I’ve said it before but I think that the Coen hire was an upgrade over the newly promoted O’Connell. Amazing. How does McVay keep pulling these asst coach rabbits out of his hat?

My only question is why the following then :

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well don’t think there is a lot of other coaches involved as well. Zac Robinson is getting more involved as well.
Then I’d say Thomas Brown being a TE’s coach will be interesting on how he is involved.
I think Greg Olsen is a guy that will have input,but will be less involved & work on WR’s & QB’s on skills.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Glad Wes Phillips went with Kevin O’Connell. Wes was the first one to hug Mcvay after the clock struck zero to win it all. Just think it was time for him to move on.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

McVay said that when you have a good organization and run a good system good coaches seek you out, so that’s one way.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If anything, it speaks to the D being READY to go right now.

I am certain our overall D is better with Wagner than with Miller… more complete… Wagner messes up so many interior plans that the DBs have been getting amazing jumps on various routes… the two rookies are flat out balling out and Jalen Ramsey is in mid season form…

This offense when fully uncorked is gonna be good, but our D this year I think is gonna be SPECIAL!!!

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
I agree. Wagner is a HUGE improvement over Reeder.

Even if he has lost a step, he will still be in the right position more often than Reeder was.

And our DL was just balling in the last few games. Gaines and Robinson were big plugs in the middle.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wagner is the reason an overmatched Seahawks team used to own the 9ers… no joke…

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I agree. Wagner is a HUGE improvement over Reeder.

Even if he has lost a step, he will still be in the right position more often than Reeder was.

And our DL was just balling in the last few games. Gaines and Robinson were big plugs in the middle.
And AD said something to the effect that he'd be more unleashed with Wags right behind him.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
If anything, it speaks to the D being READY to go right now.

I am certain our overall D is better with Wagner than with Miller… more complete… Wagner messes up so many interior plans that the DBs have been getting amazing jumps on various routes… the two rookies are flat out balling out and Jalen Ramsey is in mid season form…

This offense when fully uncorked is gonna be good, but our D this year I think is gonna be SPECIAL!!!
PEOPLE! READ THIS! THIS SAYS IT ALL!

It would take me two pages to express what #mackeyser is saying here!

I'm going to add one more thing, from another thread but I don't want to go look it up. We don't need OBJ! Having him would be nice but our WR's are solid! We are good to go!

WestCoastRam

Legend
I myself am looking forward to what Coen can contribute to the evolving offense but I think what you're seeing is the sheer talent of Robinson and Atwell's decision to put in the work.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Has McVay ever praised his offense? Dude is a perfectionist and will always deflect praise.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
My only question is why the following then :

I think that McVay might not be used to the defense being this good. He's used to the O steamrolling his D. There's usually a pretty obvious weakness on D, previously middle linebacker. Last year that included the DBs not named Ramsey. Weddle wasn't in training camp last year and Jones was a raw as hell rookie.

This year we're solid or better at every level of the defense. There's no squishy center to exploit. And in top of that, the QB taking the most snaps is Wolford.

Of course we aren't crushing it offense like last year, but McVay might be too close and too much of a perfectionist to see that.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think it is a true statement by the coach. I would say it is mostly a coach trying to get the attention of his players. This is a new season, forget the SB. It is time to nail it down and get serious.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think that McVay might not be used to the defense being this good. He's used to the O steamrolling his D. There's usually a pretty obvious weakness on D, previously middle linebacker. Last year that included the DBs not named Ramsey. Weddle wasn't in training camp last year and Jones was a raw as hell rookie.

This year we're solid or better at every level of the defense. There's no squishy center to exploit. And in top of that, the QB taking the most snaps is Wolford.

Of course we aren't crushing it offense like last year, but McVay might be too close and too much of a perfectionist to see that.

Williams & RR31 we’re hurt in camp last year. DD21 had to take over for them. He is not even on The Rams