Gordo’s Chat Highlights

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Gordo’s Chat Highlights

—Think Rams Will Stay? I do, but the odds of them leaving have improved for sure. That LA land deal was a nice leverage play by Stan. The NFL wants to control what happens in that market, but Stan now has the money, the land and the team to make something happen. Nobody else can say that. So if he meets enough resistance here — and that could happen, given the political/economic environment — then LA could get the Rams back.

—The Rams are basically in year-to-year lease mode. So don’t expect a lot of warning. The NFL would hate to revisit the lame duck team scenario. If a team is going to move, it’s best to pack up like the Colts did overnight and move.

—I believe he could get a stadium built for a lot less here. And I do not see him footing the whole bill for a stadium. The NFL will chip in and the region will have to chip in. If LA gives him an unbelievable deal to build out there, then, sure, the numbers say he should leave. But decades have passed and LA has yet to make such a deal.

—Stan is aware of the fan sentiment in the STL. He tracks such things. He likely believes, as I believe, that the political leaders in this region will make his decision for him. If they stonewall his stadium bid, then he would see no choice but to shop around. If the political leaders decide that having a NFL team is not that important, than so be it.

—Top Needs? Offensive tackle tops my list, followed by safety, cornerback and outside linebacker. <ME: INSANE that wr isn't at the top of this list let alone NOT ON THE LIST AT ALL!!!

—If I am the Rams, I want all the addition draft picks in THIS draft. Enough about next year. This is Year 3 for the new regime and it’s time to win some games.

—Anything the Rams get from trading down must benefit THIS TEAM. No more talk about next year.

—The Texans have to take Manziel. Seriously, how can they not? Bortles and Clowney will have lots of fans it the league, so the second pick will still have real value.

—Sam will never be worth the money he got. But I still put him in the Stafford category of quarterbacks. Give him some playmakers and he will put up numbers. I certainly believe he can win some games with the team Fisher is assembling around him.

—If they can find the cap space, a veteran safety would be great.

—Greg Robinson stock is trading high these days. Looks like there are two OTs that everybody likes. That is good news for the Rams, who could move down a few slots and still get one of them.

Read All Chat Highlights

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Good Stuff RFIP
For an LA kid that was devastated when the Rams left LA I find my self somewhat apathetic about the move rumors.
As far as the needs and your assessment of the situation I think you and I are pretty aligned. There will be too many good players on the board in both spots to over think it.
If we do trade down we need players that contribute right away. Carpe diem, The future is now.