Gordon's Rams Chat Highlights: Don't Use Robinson as OG

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has Robinson played Guard in college?

He played some Guard in high school. Auburn recruited him as a Guard then moved him to Tackle when he got on campus.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Just curious. Does anyone know if Gordo goes to the Rams training camp? Does he go to the games? Does he go to Rams park? Does he do anything more than we do?

I never see him at any of the Press Conferences or really anything like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression Gordo doesn't spend much time working on following the Rams.
He's not there which is even more reason that his statements should not be taken seriously. If I wanted to talk Mizzou basketball or Blues hockey he knows what he's talking about. But really JT is the only one at the PD that I'd trust on Rams matters.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's not there which is even more reason that his statements should not be taken seriously. If I wanted to talk Mizzou basketball or Blues hockey he knows what he's talking about. But really JT is the only one at the PD that I'd trust on Rams matters.

But even JT got all stupid with the Hewitt non-contract renewal.

FRO

Legend
I don't think I would start Matthews at OG. While I think he can be a solid OG, I think he will step in and be a great OT off the bat. Robinson I believe will come into the league a better OG than OT.

I also think picking Yankey in the second is the way to go at LG. They guy is so much like Saffold. Having 2 OGs that can pull, opening up huge holes in the run game is huge.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've moved into the camp that takes Robinson at #2 if we can't get a trade down. Its silly not to draft a guy you believe will be a stud at LT just because you may have to put him at Guard so he can open running lanes for a season or two.

I just dont trust Clowney. I'd draft him at #2 if we had the need,but we don't.

The closer the draft gets the less inclined i am to believe that we'll get a great offer to move out of #2. Hope i'm wrong.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I agree. I'm no expert. But I do know one thing. If you draft Robinson, draft him to play Left Tackle. Any other reason is stupid. Oh, I understand playing Robinson for a few games at guard. Yet, GM's should draft looking to the future. Say, a 2-5 year window. I hope Snead is smart and has done his homework, because if he has, he will choose a football player we will not regret.

Many arguments can be made. Draft Clowney, because Chris Long is 29 years old and is expensive. Draft Watkins, because the Rams top receiver was ranked 79th in the NFL. Draft Khalil Mack, thus turning the Ram's front 7 into the best in the NFL. Trade back a few picks and draft Robinson or Mathews or Watkins or Evans. I just want Fishsnead to get the most bang for our draft picks. That's all I want!

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
A dozen posters on this board do a bettrer job of reporting accurate ram info

Only a dozen? That some serious lack of respect for ANYONE who posts here. :) this tripe from Gordon is an affront to any football fan with the most basic knowledge of the game.

scifiman

I really think it comes down to best player for your team. Is Clowney that guy? Maybe not. Maybe. We dont really know. Now the rams already having 2 quality DE's it would not seem likely that they draft him unless the plan is to cut Chris Long in a year. What about Watkins? With that kind of speed and athletic ability this frees up any of the other guys and makes the rams downright scary. I would have no problem with drafting Robinson though and putting him at RT. The rams are also still talking to Harvey Dahl and would resign him at a lower amount if he has anything left in the tank. Our line is not as bad as some think and we can easily restock and replenish through the draft and undrafted free agents as our line coach is one of the best teachers in the business. The other issue is our secondary where we need real help. I really like Justin Gilbert CB and Calvin Pryor FS. If we could get both those guys in Rd 1 and OL in the 2nd or 3rd I would also be happy.
I also think the rams may end up trading that 2nd pick. Swap this years 1st and we also get their next years 1st and maybe this years 2nd or 3rd round pick.