Gordon takes a shot at Bradford.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bskrilla

Starter
http://www.stltoday.com/gallery/spo...n_0b9a21bf-0e4e-55c7-9810-89f2125b8c4a.html#0

"oozed more enthusiasm in one game than Bradford did in a year."

I get it... he's pumped for the kid, but Bradford has been plenty fired up during games. I'm sure people on here have gifs/videos to prove it.

Just seems like an unnecessary shot at an injured player.

Also said "Tavon Austin didn't do much." That may be because he got injured in the second quarter... I think someone had a few extra adult beverages on this Sunday evening. Gordon's getting a little salty.

Jesus. His comments on the RB's. "Tre 'Don't Call me Isaiah' Mason" God forbid Mason doesn't start and carry the team in his second NFL game...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That doesn't surprise me. Gordon is just a guy like you or me who can write (sorta). He's no more qualified to opine on a player's leadership than you or me. Austin Davis did indeed get fired up and pumped on the sidelines. Everyone saw it and everyone loved it. But that doesn't prove that Bradford was any less excited or pumped during his first win either. And he was. Very much so. Davis wears his emotions on his sleeve. And that's great. Bradford was always pretty even keel - like a lot of other QBs in the league - and that's not good enough for people who think animation = leadership.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
http://www.stltoday.com/gallery/spo...n_0b9a21bf-0e4e-55c7-9810-89f2125b8c4a.html#0

I get it... he's pumped for the kid, but Bradford has been plenty fired up during games. I'm sure people on here have gifs/videos to prove it.

Also said "Tavon Austin didn't do much." That may be because he got injured in the second quarter... I think someone had a few extra adult beverages on this Sunday evening. Gordon's getting a little salty.
Gordon you are now on my shit list

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Of course he's pumped up about winning his first game as a starter. But MUCH different circumstances. Bradford came in day one as the starter, with loads of expectations, and a shitty team that he had to try and carry all by himself. Davis walks into a pretty good team with a strong running game, after waiting 2 years for his first start. Gordon is just joining the ranks of Bernie as another troll PD writer.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Speaking of Tavon, any updates on him yet?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Wow, that's low...

We seal that game early 4th quarter with Bradford. I hope he's back next year with a reduced contract.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
With Sam, Chris, healthy, Rams beat Tampa easily.

Like they did the last 2 times.

fearsomefour

Legend
That doesn't surprise me. Gordon is just a guy like you or me who can write (sorta). He's no more qualified to opine on a player's leadership than you or me. Austin Davis did indeed get fired up and pumped on the sidelines. Everyone saw it and everyone loved it. But that doesn't prove that Bradford was any less excited or pumped during his first win either. And he was. Very much so. Davis wears his emotions on his sleeve. And that's great. Bradford was always pretty even keel - like a lot of other QBs in the league - and that's not good enough for people who think animation = leadership.
I agree. All the yelling, look at me stuff doesnt mean much at all. Ray Lewis dancing around like a mentally ill person before each game....I am sure that was a bit of a joke to most players, even the ones on his own team.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Jesus. His comments on the RB's. "Tre 'Don't Call me Isaiah' Mason" God forbid Mason doesn't start and carry the team in his second NFL game...
THe local media is going to attack Sam every chance they get, 'cause he refused to suck-up to them.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Wow. Do I have to write off the PD staff entirely? I guess I'm OK with that but, damn. The paper has to be among the top ten suckiest newspapers on the planet honestly. It's like twenty total pages with 10 being ads. Sunday is 50 total pages with 40 being ads. Back in the day there used to be an alternative but I think the PD only exists due to sheer lack of any competition whatsoever. It shows.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
I'll take accuracy and experience over enthusiasm any day. I appreciate what Davis is doing but Bradford would be killing it right now...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gordo doesn't impress me much..Only one that I bother to read anymore, is Jim Thomas.

Rambition

Rookie
yeah, i stopped reading his rams' "grades" stuff some time ago. i thought he was way off on way too many of his assessments. besides, i don't really see how a newspaper columnist is in a position to issue "grades" to NFL players.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's a thing in STL. All of our heroes are feisty underdogs. Baseball, hockey, football.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Of course he's pumped up about winning his first game as a starter. But MUCH different circumstances. Bradford came in day one as the starter, with loads of expectations, and a crappy team that he had to try and carry all by himself. Davis walks into a pretty good team with a strong running game, after waiting 2 years for his first start. Gordon is just joining the ranks of Bernie as another troll PD writer.

i'm kind of concerned with our run game it's pretty weak so far. i hope they bring grob and barnes in pretty soon.

Rams0307

Jeff Gordon needs to do all he can to get people to read his columns...he brings no insight into the topics he covers, he's failed on the radio multiple times, and he's the least talented writer in the sports dept at the Post Dispatch. All in all, he's done well for himself for having no talent...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Jeff Gordon needs to do all he can to get people to read his columns...he brings no insight into the topics he covers, he's failed on the radio multiple times, and he's the least talented writer in the sports dept at the Post Dispatch. All in all, he's done well for himself for having no talent...

I think he's better than Strauss. Bernie M and Gordon seem to write for shock, pulling in the readership. Burwell seems to be a fan who got pulled out of the stands and handed a pen. Strauss just seems to be a unhappy man. Obviously I don't know them, but that's the impression I get.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You should have seen him go ape-shit on Vermeil in one of his columns back at the end of 1998. I had a copy of it, but can't find it right now. It was the biggest whine fest I'd ever seen in my life, and it was like he wanted to personally fire him himself. I realize that wasn't a great season, but he went after Vermeil's ability to coach at the NFL level, saying the game had passed him by and that he could never make it in "today's NFL."

Such a bitch he is. lol.