Goodell made $44.2 million in '12

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EastRam

Pro Bowler

By
Darren Rovell

The NFL paid commissioner Roger Goodell $44.2 million in the 2012 calendar year, according to a recent tax filing.

Roger Goodell's reported $44 million earnings in 2012 is proof of how pleased team owners are both with Goodell's performance, and by the new leverage he delivered them in the CBA, writes Kevin Seifert. Blog
Goodell was paid $35.1 million in salary, bonus and pension compensation. He also received an incentive payment of $5 million and a $4.1 million pension payment from the league's work stoppage in 2011 that was paid in 2012.
"I feel that, as commissioner, he runs the business of the NFL as if he were an owner-operator," Patriots owner Robert Kraft said in a statement. "I consider him to be one of the most outstanding managers in the country."
Marc Ganis, president of SportsCorp, a sports consultancy firm that has worked with roughly two-thirds of the league's teams, says Goodell's salary is not out of whack.
"It's pretty close to what baseball agreed to pay Bud Selig for his final two seasons," Ganis said.
Ganis said Goodell's salary is highly based on his performance and the fact owners believe he is worth north of $1 million per team.
"The NFL owners are paying this," Ganis said. "Not the players and not the fans."
NFL revenues from this past season topped $10 billion for the first time. The league's teams are collectively worth more than $37 billion, according to Forbes magazine.
Goodell's 2012 compensation was first reported by the Sports Business Journal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Robert Kraft thinks Goodell has done a good job.

The guilty man slapped on the wrist by a corrupt judge thinks that judge is the best judge ever too.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
IMO, he was over paid by $44,199,999.00. And I thought athletes were paid too much. :eek:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So isn't that about 2/3 of the net profit of the entire Rams franchise last season? And to say the fans don't pay his salary is like saying that my customers don't pay mine. Really? Great grasp.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
How is he worth that much, seriously?

Is Goodell really that important to league success?

RamsFan14

Starter
How is he worth that much, seriously?

Is Goodell really that important to league success?

I'd say he's important for keeping the league together instead of it going down the toilet. While he's not making popular decisions, I think he's trying to make sure the game stays around for a long time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd say he's important for keeping the league together instead of it going down the toilet. While he's not making popular decisions, I think he's trying to make sure the game stays around for a long time.

Roger, is that you?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
To me the money is not the issue per se.
It's that a corrupt commissioner is being paid that high and praised by the owner of the sleaziest team in the league at the same time.
Kind of like rubbing salt in the wound.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I would never have guessed he was making that kind of cheddar.......or anything near it. I would have guessed he was making maybe 10 mil tops. 44 million is a huge amount of money.......but if the owners are ok paying it oh well what are ya gonna do.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It is complete and udder bullshit that this moron makes this much. What's fucked up is you hear people bitch about pro athletes making more than soldiers. At least they are bringing joy and entertainment to millions. I wanna see what they say to his ass making 45m and not doing shit except trying to cover the league from concussions not allowing players to get hit anymore.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
The fans are paying his salary ultimately. It comes out of owner profits, ultimately making them raise ticket prices, etc.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
the master manipulator manipulates everyone, even the owners' wallets. but what does this really show? It shows that that owners are:

• pretty damn stupid 'cause they can't seem to understand the long term damage Goodhell is doing to the league;
  • extremely greedy, 'cause all they care about is the short term top & bottom line;
  • extremely elitist in their thinking with the way they handled last yrs player negotiations.
However you look at it, it's all bad for the fans and the players, but great for owners and society's elite.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Worse than that...he has a hot wife, Jane Skinner, the former Fox News anchor. As Rod Stewart sang, "Some guys have all the luck."

1zyyfqo.jpg

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Imagine that Kraft is singing praises for Commodant Gooddell.... Kinda of like it'll be weird if Benito Mussolini openly critcized Hitler why they are in bed together for the same purpose, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Worse than that...he has a hot wife, Jane Skinner, the former Fox News anchor. As Rod Stewart sang, "Some guys have all the luck."
It's a club and we're not in it...

"Her father is Sam Skinner, former Secretary of Transportation and White House Chief of Staff under President George H.W. Bush. She is married to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell[4] and resides in Westchester, New York, with their twin daughters."

iced

IMO, he was over paid by $44,199,999.00. And I thought athletes were paid too much. :eek:

I'm probably in the minority but I don't have an issue with how much the players make - especially when you consider some of the life expectancy's of these guys after the play (the one's who get CTE).