Good Morning Football: Cardinals' Moves Putting NFC West On Notice? Can Rams Return To Prominence?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
It's not just the NFCWest ... the NFC as a whole is quite a gauntlet now. NFCNorth is probably the weakest of the 4 NFC divisions. But the West, East and South have all bolstered their teams through both coaching and roster talent.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Let's keep it all the way real, Kyle Brandt (and your head wagging dog, Kay). When the Rams start winning a lot of games, stay the hell off our bandwagon. We don't need your ass.

I think Kyle Brants view is the most interesting of the three. I agree with Schrager. I'm sure McVay is pumped. I agree with Burleson. Not having to cater to salaries or status, he might be even more dangerous. Brandt pointed out we lost Gurley, Cooks, Peters, Talib, Suh, Littleton...he forgot Fowler but he's pointed out McVay has NEVER had a first round pick "because they keep mortgaging their ever living future". Is that a bad thing? They mortgage their ever living present, not future and there's a difference. Those with confidence and balls worry about the NOW. Sure, mortgaging that in the form of first round picks, every year, might damage a normal HC. But if McVay is the best coach in the world, as Brandt says they've been touting him, then this is much ado about nothing. He compares him to Belichick, which in itself, whether you like BB or not, is a huge compliment. Yeah, I agree. It's going to be an interesting season. My money is on McVay, not because I'm a hopeless homer...I am....but because everything anybody has said about McVay is pretty damn accurate. He was touted as "all that" and went 11-5. He was regarded as an instant wiz by year two and he went 13-3 and made it to the Superbowl. And with all the problems they had on both offense and defense last year, documented ad nauseum, McVay guided the team to a 9-7 record. We were out of it by week 17 but when it's all said and done, we were 1 win away from the postseason. It wasn't as good as it sounds but damn man, it was close. That's on a bad year. McVay may not have first round picks but he and Les don't do bad. This year's crop looks extremely promising. Why? Because, 9-7 with no playoffs or not, we know McVay too. Is there anybody in Ramland who's seriously doubting what this guy is capable of?

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Schrager seems to sometimes have Rams insider information so I stomach him when those sections are on but I can't stand how much eye makeup he puts on.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Kyle Brants view is the most interesting of the three. I agree with Schrager. I'm sure McVay is pumped. I agree with Burleson. Not having to cater to salaries or status, he might be even more dangerous. Brandt pointed out we lost Gurley, Cooks, Peters, Talib, Suh, Littleton...he forgot Fowler but he's pointed out McVay has NEVER had a first round pick "because they keep mortgaging their ever living future". Is that a bad thing? They mortgage their ever living present, not future and there's a difference. Those with confidence and balls worry about the NOW. Sure, mortgaging that in the form of first round picks, every year, might damage a normal HC. But if McVay is the best coach in the world, as Brandt says they've been touting him, then this is much ado about nothing. He compares him to Belichick, which in itself, whether you like BB or not, is a huge compliment. Yeah, I agree. It's going to be an interesting season. My money is on McVay, not because I'm a hopeless homer...I am....but because everything anybody has said about McVay is pretty damn accurate. He was touted as "all that" and went 11-5. He was regarded as an instant wiz by year two and he went 13-3 and made it to the Superbowl. And with all the problems they had on both offense and defense last year, documented ad nauseum, McVay guided the team to a 9-7 record. We were out of it by week 17 but when it's all said and done, we were 1 win away from the postseason. It wasn't as good as it sounds but damn man, it was close. That's on a bad year. McVay may not have first round picks but he and Les don't do bad. This year's crop looks extremely promising. Why? Because, 9-7 with no playoffs or not, we know McVay too. Is there anybody in Ramland who's seriously doubting what this guy is capable of?
Brandt likes the hot take and was quick to discount the Rams when a new flavor of the week popped its head. I hear what you are saying, but screw him. I like Nate & Pete, but even they haven't been enough for me to endure Kay and Brandt in the last several months.