Gonna be offline for a while guys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@shaunpinney , my dad came through his TAVR with flying colors. I've never had a more pleasant experience at a hospital. What's possible via surgery these days is amazing.
So glad to hear your dad came through his surgery - I have to agree with you, the things that can be done through surgery now is amazing, and like you, my faith and trust was rewarded by amazing hospital staff and I owe them all my eternal gratitude for saving my wife's life

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Hello Shaun, I am a little late to this thread but wanted to wish your wife, your family and you all the best during this trying time. You will get through this, keep your faith and hold those dearest to you close. My God bless each of you! My family's prayer are with you and yours.

As time permits, please keep us as informed as is comfortable for you. I am honored to "know" such as strong individual as you.
Never too late, we are finally getting through what has been a very difficult time, but my wife is now home, and I can look after her - she has a 6 month recovery programme, but we can live with that. She's here, alive and will see our son turn 3 tomorrow.

Life is GOOD!!!

Thank you all for your prayers.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Shaun, your faith is being tested. Seek God for strength. He will be with you and help you lead your family. He'll give you hope and energy through these trials.

Lots of us guys praying for you too!
My brother, who isn't religious in any way said, "you're being tested by a higher power, you can come through this if you just believe."

I have.

And the energy I have been given has been amazing, sometimes, a little bit of faith is all you need.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
My brother, who isn't religious in any way said, "you're being tested by a higher power, you can come through this if you just believe."

I have.

And the energy I have been given has been amazing, sometimes, a little bit of faith is all you need.
That is awesome Shaun. And I hope that didn't sound cavalier. Certainly life has few guarantees. But, like you, I have felt the power and the love in prayer.

God help me if I am ever left to my own devices.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

I have.

It is downright eerie how things happen sometimes. My dad fell Sunday night walking to bed. He is a little too prideful and hard headed to use his walker or cane. He had both hands full, one holding a washcloth and the other full of dog treats. ( I learned he does this every night because his two dogs follow him to bed). Because of this, he couldn't break his fall as well and ended up landing mostly on his stomach and chest. It just so happens he had been coughing the previous couple of hours due to a piece of diced onion evidently stuck in his throat from a burger he ate at dinner. Out pops the onion on impact like a self administered Heimlich manuever. If he hadn't have fallen, who knows what would have happened in his sleep. I guess the old saying, " Things happen for a reason" rings true more often than not. Dad got out of the fall with a sore wrist and a bruised pride.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
That is awesome Shaun. And I hope that didn't sound cavalier. Certainly life has few guarantees. But, like you, I have felt the power and the love in prayer.

God help me if I am ever left to my own devices.
didn't sound cavalier at all - its been nice to know you guys have been there for me when i needed to just say something...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It is downright eerie how things happen sometimes. My dad fell Sunday night walking to bed. He is a little too prideful and hard headed to use his walker or cane. He had both hands full, one holding a washcloth and the other full of dog treats. ( I learned he does this every night because his two dogs follow him to bed). Because of this, he couldn't break his fall as well and ended up landing mostly on his stomach and chest. It just so happens he had been coughing the previous couple of hours due to a piece of diced onion evidently stuck in his throat from a burger he ate at dinner. Out pops the onion on impact like a self administered Heimlich manuever. If he hadn't have fallen, who knows what would have happened in his sleep. I guess the old saying, " Things happen for a reason" rings true more often than not. Dad got out of the fall with a sore wrist and a bruised pride.

I have come to believe that there is a purpose to everything - so glad your dad's pride meant he fell, things could have been a lot worse in the morning - so strange how things happen for a reason - glad he's ok :)