Goff's Velocity

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I played catcher too... making that throw to 2nd when a runner was trying to steal required a quick release if you wanted to throw him out. Maybe the 2 aren't so different in that respect.

*One of my good friends pitched in the MLB for years. Jared's Dad was his catcher when they were both starting out in the minors.

How cool is that?!

As for the catching, wasn't that the best high? Throwing out dudes at second? I took great pride in that.

:rant:"You really thought you could steal on me?!! BOOM! Back to the dugout!!" :shooting:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, this has been a great thread....no one getting mad, no one offending. I love this place! I won't be posting at the other place so much anymore

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Wow, this has been a great thread....no one getting mad, no one offending. I love this place! I won't be posting at the other place so much anymore

Screw you, Steve!! You thing that kid in your avatar is cute, or something... (n) …...yeah well. Maybe pretty cute. Especially in that Ram helmet. But so what?! :whistle:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I think Goff has shown that he has a knack for putting a catchable ball in the hands of the receiver. Whether it is velocity, trajectory, or leading his receiver to catch it in stride. I think this is an undervalued trait.

John Elway may have been great, but he seemed to always put a tough ball out there to catch.

A great quarterback almost catches the ball himself, by where he places it. It just takes a receiver to run crisp routes, have the speed, and get their meat hooks out there. ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Goff throws with varied velocities. This is a fantastic quality.

Some QBs don't really have that kind of touch... cough, cough, Bradford,... and can only throw at full throttle. Remember the 120 mph screen passes?

Yeah the laser beam passes were of no help whatsoever.

giphy.gif

Chuck Norris sleeps in Goff pajamas.

Chuck Norris has a Goff bobblehead on his car dashborad

feel free to pick this up.

I played catcher too

I had suspected that of you.......

*One of my good friends pitched in the MLB for years. Jared's Dad was his catcher when they were both starting out in the minors.

I will be happy to buy him pink shots again next time all of you are in town..........I should have called an Uber that night, but I don't think Uber was a thing then.

I was LIT. Should not have driven..........

fearsomefour

Legend
Goff throws with varied velocities. This is a fantastic quality.

Some QBs don't really have that kind of touch... cough, cough, Bradford,... and can only throw at full throttle. Remember the 120 mph screen passes?
So true.
Watching a guy with a great arm, Derek Anderson, with the Bills....he had little touch and sort of drills everything.
The TD to Reynolds (second one I believe) was a billet.
Besides there are some great NFL QBs who have "just enough" arm strength.....Warner and Brady among them.

fearsomefour

Legend
I played catcher too... making that throw to 2nd when a runner was trying to steal required a quick release if you wanted to throw him out. Maybe the 2 aren't so different in that respect.

Pitching a baseball, throwing a football, golf swing, tennis forehand.....hips, in the hips.