Goff sacked the 24th least in the nfl.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend

Take it for what's it worth... Tom Brady only been sacked one less time than him.

Now I realize sacks don't tell the entire pressure story- if anyone could find something that lists pressures that would be awesome.

I could not.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Goff has had 17 tds to 25 turnovers since the bye week last season. That's about when we saw a decline in the play of our oline. Regardless, if you've been watching the games it doesn't really matter what the stats say, bc you can clearly see he is being pressured 95% of his snaps. Hence his turnovers.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Goff has had 17 tds to 25 turnovers since the bye week last season. That's about when we saw a decline in the play of our oline. Regardless, if you've been watching the games it doesn't really matter what the stats say, bc you can clearly see he is being pressured 95% of his snaps. Hence his turnovers.
Add to that the play calls are mostly for plays that take some time to develop and he might have to get rid of it quicker than the route calls for. That doesn't help much

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

Precisely. They don't pass the eye test.

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Besides that 2 of his 3 turnovers yesterday were not the result of pressure.

I'm also looking for facts/data and not hyperbole.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Take it for what's it worth... Tom Brady only been sacked one less time than him.

Now I realize sacks don't tell the entire pressure story- if anyone could find something that lists pressures that would be awesome.

I could not.

Yeah, he gets rid of it instead of taking sacks. What are the pressure stats?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

One of them wasn't even a turnover, but the officials decided it was, because reasons.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame

True, but if a qb is getting pressured all game it is possible for it to effect when he is not getting pressured either.

Funny how I post "facts and data" and not hyperbole and you pointed out particular flaws in the "facts and data", yet you are still looking for facts and data for some reason. Like I said, watching the game is better than "facts and data".

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
True, but if a qb is getting pressured all game it is possible for it to effect when he is not getting pressured either.

Funny how I post "facts and data" and not hyperbole and you pointed out particular flaws in the "facts and data", yet you are still looking for facts and data for some reason. Like I said, watching the game is better than "facts and data".

You said pressured 95% of the time. that's hyperbole.

I think the o-line is shit... I'm just trying to find out how it all compares to other teams in the league.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I agree.. but Goff has a fumbling isssue.

That play was a result of pressure however.

His fumbling issue in general is related to pressure. Kurt Warner also developed a fumbling issue which also coincided with him being under pressure. When he got to the Cardinals and started playing in mostly clean pockets again, the fumbling issue mostly went away as well.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
You said pressured 95% of the time. that's hyperbole.

I think the o-line is shit... I'm just trying to find out how it all compares to other teams in the league.
I get it. But it's not going to matter much bc every team's offense is different. Seahawks oline is shit but they have Wilson. Same with Carolina. Then you have teams who dont get much pressure bc of strength of the D's they have faced, or you have ones that have really good olines. Lots to consider.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My recollection is that PFF had Goff as one of the most pressured QBs in the NFL. I doubt yesterday's game helped. He was pressured on almost every snap.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
is goff throwing motion different then it was. to me he seems to take a bigger wind up plus drops the ball lower on the back swing then he used to

fearsomefour

Legend
His fumbling issue in general is related to pressure. Kurt Warner also developed a fumbling issue which also coincided with him being under pressure. When he got to the Cardinals and started playing in mostly clean pockets again, the fumbling issue mostly went away as well.
Arizona’s Line was not very good for much of his time.
He got rid of the ball quickly and had a coach/OC (unlike Martz) that didn’t expect him to hold the ball for four seconds.