Goff Owns Quarantine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Man, to live in a mansion and not a one bedroom apartment right now would be dope!
We just moved from an apt to a big house with a big yard. I feel for ya buddy I was just talking w my wife yesterday about how bad it would suck if we were back at our small apt.

Go out and get some walks in. We still do it because we get stir crazy

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
McVay had a headset feeding Goff information about the golf ball trajectory. It's all McVay, not Goff.

WalterFootball/Florio

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
We just moved from an apt to a big house with a big yard. I feel for ya buddy I was just talking w my wife yesterday about how bad it would suck if we were back at our small apt.

Go out and get some walks in. We still do it because we get stir crazy

I love hiking man, so I’ve been exploring really secluded trails out here in Oregon.

Being homes a bummer, but Im getting through. Appreciate ya man!

bluecoconuts

Legend
There has been a few posts of him and his girlfriend goofing off together, and of course even on her “slumming it” days she looks amazing, so needless to say Goff is just winning at life right now.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Yeah there are a few people insulated from this horror.

Professional QB’s with 30 mill in their bank, in their mid-20’s, with titty models are one of them

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 1.51.58 PM.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I love hiking man, so I’ve been exploring really secluded trails out here in Oregon.

Being homes a bummer, but Im getting through. Appreciate ya man!
We lived in Oregon for 25 years. Hiked, hunted, and fished all over that state. Where abouts are you living? I might know of some good hikes for you.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
We lived in Oregon for 25 years. Hiked, hunted, and fished all over that state. Where abouts are you living? I might know of some good hikes for you.

I’m living in the Portland metro area, Beaverton to be exact. Where’d you live in Oregon?

I’ve been getting into the Bull of The Woods wilderness lately. Seclusion has been easier to come by with the snow levels still pretty high.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I’m living in the Portland metro area, Beaverton to be exact. Where’d you live in Oregon?

I’ve been getting into the Bull of The Woods wilderness lately. Seclusion has been easier to come by with the snow levels still pretty high.
We lived in the Portland metro area for the first fifteen years we were there. We lived next door to Alpenrose Dairy for quite a bit of that. That's just above Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy off Shattuck.

There are some great hikes up the gorge. Eagle Creek is one. If you can get by the tourists past Multnomah falls, there are some cool places a couple miles up.

If you want to see deer and elk, you can head up 26 and take the Buxton road until it ends. That is all logging property and you can hike all over it. I've been in herds of over a hundred elk up there. Taken many of them with my bow. I guess it depends on how far you want to drive/hike.

By Bull of the Woods, is that up toward Mt Hood on the Bull Run?

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
We lived in the Portland metro area for the first fifteen years we were there. We lived next door to Alpenrose Dairy for quite a bit of that. That's just above Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy off Shattuck.

There are some great hikes up the gorge. Eagle Creek is one. If you can get by the tourists past Multnomah falls, there are some cool places a couple miles up.

If you want to see deer and elk, you can head up 26 and take the Buxton road until it ends. That is all logging property and you can hike all over it. I've been in herds of over a hundred elk up there. Taken many of them with my bow. I guess it depends on how far you want to drive/hike.

By Bull of the Woods, is that up toward Mt Hood on the Bull Run?

Eagle creek actually burned down in 2017. A dumb teen threw a smoke bomb down the ravine in August and we lost a lot of the Oregon side of the River Gorge. Sad. It’s slowly being reopened, but Eagle Creek was ground zero and the risk of slides are insane. It’s amazing to be back in the burn zone though, surreal views.

Bull of the Woods Wilderness is sandwiched between Hood and Jefferson just north of Detroit Lake. Most of the trails there are overgrown and require some route finding skills and a lot of bush whacking lol

That Buxton road tips is awesome! Driving is no big deal, I like getting my jeep out! I’ll definitely be trying that out! Would love to get some epic shots in the morning amongst a herds like that!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Eagle creek actually burned down in 2017. A dumb teen threw a smoke bomb down the ravine in August and we lost a lot of the Oregon side of the River Gorge. Sad. It’s slowly being reopened, but Eagle Creek was ground zero and the risk of slides are insane. It’s amazing to be back in the burn zone though, surreal views.

Bull of the Woods Wilderness is sandwiched between Hood and Jefferson just north of Detroit Lake. Most of the trails there are overgrown and require some route finding skills and a lot of bush whacking lol

That Buxton road tips is awesome! Driving is no big deal, I like getting my jeep out! I’ll definitely be trying that out! Would love to get some epic shots in the morning amongst a herds like that!
Bummer on Eagle Creek.

Hey. The Mt St Helens hike is really cool too for later in the year. We camped at the base, hiked up in the morning, and then glacaded down. There are essentially tobagen runs down the glaciers. You'll want an ice pick or ski pole to control your turns and speed.

Buxton is really cool and there is also a trail coming out of the back of the rest area (Sunset Rest Area) a ways after it. Rock Creek flows through it and when the salmon are running, you can watch them shoot across the water to get up stream. Quite a site watching 40 pound salmon mostly out of the water shooting up stream. Then if you continue across the creek, you will end up in some great elk/deer habitat. If you look for standing dead trees (usually one or two in a stand of live trees), many of them are bear trees. The bears scratch up the bark to get sap and in doing so, kill the tree. We've seen lots of bear, coyotes, and a few cougars up there.

This is the time of year we used to start scouting and hiking near Buxton (Sherman Mills area). We (wife and two boys) used to go up there for Easter weekend. If you go up Bacona Rd off Buxton Rd., go to where it Ts (not forks). Along the way, you will pass Buxton Lookout road. You used to be able to drive up there and maybe still can. From there you can dump off in a bunch of different directions. If you pass it and go to the T, to the right, you will find a gate. Walk out that road about 3 miles IIRR, and you will find a meadow area where the creek flows through it. Lots of wildlife out there. There is also Buxton trail at the trestle before you get to any of this.

My suggestion is that you bring a GPS, and mark where you park. Then you can wander all through the woods and know you can get back. I'm good with directions but I have been lost out there a couple times before I got to know the area. You can always find your way out if you trust your instincts as there are roads and houses in almost every direction but a GPS gives you a great peace of mind and you can find your way back to areas you find really cool. Don't be surprised if you find some monster elk out that way.

Being that you are familiar with the Bull of the Woods area, have you been to Bagby Hot Springs? Even if the Springs are not open right now, the trail up to it is really cool with old growth firs. That area around the Collowash is pretty cool too.

Last edited:

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Bummer on Eagle Creek.

Hey. The Mt St Helens hike is really cool too for later in the year. We camped at the base, hiked up in the morning, and then glacaded down. There are essentially tobagen runs down the glaciers. You'll want an ice pick or ski pole to control your turns and speed.

Buxton is really cool and there is also a trail coming out of the back of the rest area (Sunset Rest Area) a ways after it. Rock Creek flows through it and when the salmon are running, you can watch them shoot across the water to get up stream. Quite a site watching 40 pound salmon mostly out of the water shooting up stream. Then if you continue across the creek, you will end up in some great elk/deer habitat. If you look for standing dead trees (usually one or two in a stand of live trees), many of them are bear trees. The bears scratch up the bark to get sap and in doing so, kill the tree. We've seen lots of bear, coyotes, and a few cougars up there.

This is the time of year we used to start scouting and hiking near Buxton (Sherman Mills area). We (wife and two boys) used to go up there for Easter weekend. If you go up Bacona Rd off Buxton Rd., go to where it Ts (not forks). Along the way, you will pass Buxton Lookout road. You used to be able to drive up there and maybe still can. From there you can dump off in a bunch of different directions. If you pass it and go to the T, to the right, you will find a gate. Walk out that road about 3 miles IIRR, and you will find a meadow area where the creek flows through it. Lots of wildlife out there. There is also Buxton trail at the trestle before you get to any of this.

My suggestion is that you bring a GPS, and mark where you park. Then you can wander all through the woods and know you can get back. I'm good with directions but I have been lost out there a couple times before I got to know the area. You can always find your way out if you trust your instincts as there are roads and houses in almost every direction but a GPS gives you a great peace of mind and you can find your way back to areas you find really cool. Don't be surprised if you find some monster elk out that way.

Being that you are familiar with the Bull of the Woods area, have you been to Bagby Hot Springs? Even if the Springs are not open right now, the trail up to it is really cool with old growth firs. That area around the Collowash is pretty cool too.

I actually climbed St. Helens last July! Awesome summit views and sunrise was spectacular. I didn't ass path (glacad) down though. I did that once up past Cooper Spur on Hood down the Tilly Jane trail on the east side. Adams and Hood are on the agenda this season but I'm not sure if the world is gonna let it happen or not. Don't think I want to solo Hood on my first attempt. Have you summited Hood?

This Buxton area sounds amazing! Definitely gonna find Rock Creek see these salmon and elk. Sounds like it's a hunting area, do you recommend a safety vest for just wandering? I'm not much of a hunter so I don't know the do's and don'ts when in those kind of areas. Thanks for the detailed directions BTW. I don't go out without my Garmin, I'll definitely be taking your advice. Sounds like a good place to practice some orienteering as well. Can't get enough practice with a compass and map.

I haven't been to Bagby yet, even though everyone keeps suggesting it. I'm gonna have to do it this year. Know any good 5-7 day backpack routes that are fairly secluded? I've knocked out the Eagle Cap Wilderness (Twice Actually) and it's granite peaks, the Timberline Trail, some of the Goat Rocks in Washington, and the Three Sisters Loop Trail. Seems that they all get more and more crowded every year and I'm all about soloing and solitude when I do my big trips.