Goff on the Rich Eisen show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Love Rich Eisen.

I loved that he left ESPN for NFLN for its inauguration and hasn't looked back.

And as much as I figured at the time that Goff would be better for us if we got an offensive mind, he's even better than I figured and I set a pretty high bar.

Especially with McVay, Goff is far and away the best QB for us and it ain't close...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Eisen should work for the CIA based on how well he can extract information. Quick mind, great wit, ... seems a good guy to enjoy a beer or 10 with.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Eisen should work for the CIA based on how well he can extract information. Quick mind, great wit, ... seems a good guy to enjoy a beer or 10 with.

He is a fantastic interviewer isn't he.........

Another is Jim Rome, though I haven't listened to him in several years he's at his best when he is questioning a guest. Some guys are just good at keeping a conversation going with questions.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Ask any CIA interrogator and they'll tell you the key to extracting information is establishing trust and a rapport.

So yeah, not even a joke, I think Rich Eisen could be good at that. He naturally engenders trust and you can tell guys don't feel like he's someone who's "out to get them".

Which is why guys say things on his show they won't say anywhere else...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And beatings and waterboarding.

I like Cowherd but picking on Wentz for two plays smacks of cheap shotting.
Dunno that it was cheap shotting so much as using two examples for a problem he's mentioned before. Those were just two very glaring examples in the most recent game. Wentz does miss wide open receivers often.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I like Cowherd but picking on Wentz for two plays smacks of cheap shotting.

Goff's completion percentage is only 2% better than Wentz but he really got on Wentz about accuracy. Although I think Goff has more throw aways so adjusted that could be wider.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame

The number 1 reason I think we have the ability to go to the Super Bowl, is adjustments. Ive never seen a team make half time adjustments like the Rams and with the consistancy of the Rams. Last week, Williams killed us with 85 yes rushing in the first half, yet he finished the game with 97 total. Clowney was killing us all first half...didnt hear his name once after half time. How many rbs have we given that one big run to early in the game, only to shut them down for 3 quarters after. We shut down a hall of fame in Brees and could have had 3 interceptions AS WELL as shutting down their run game.

We struggled with Keenum in Minnesota, and i saw alot of the same qualities that makes Keenum so hard to get in Wentz last night. We need to adjust and add shutting down mobile qbs to our list. No reason i dont think we can't do that.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Dunno that it was cheap shotting so much as using two examples for a problem he's mentioned before. Those were just two very glaring examples in the most recent game. Wentz does miss wide open receivers often.
So does Goff. So does Wilson. They all do.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Goff's completion percentage is only 2% better than Wentz but he really got on Wentz about accuracy. Although I think Goff has more throw aways so adjusted that could be wider.

Pretty sure we'll see that Goff establishes a bigger gap fairly soon in the future as a lot of this comes down to his accuracy and the receivers themselves, although maybe not in time for this game. Watkins, Woods and Kupp have a higher percentage of catches than does Jeffery, Agholor & Smith. At TE though, Ertz & Burton have a much higher percentage than either Higbee or Everett. Looking at the defenders, Philly would initially appear to hold an advantage as their CB's & LB'ers rank a good deal better. The interior D-Line is rated pretty evenly. Of course, the grading is subject to the quality of teams played, and here the Rams may have an edge. Both Goff & Wentz have 6 interceptions this season and Gurley/Brown have faired better than Blount/Ajayi thus far, especially so as receivers.
This is going to be an interesting game, hopefully we deliver a knockout punch just as or more decisively than what Seattle accomplished.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So does Goff. So does Wilson. They all do.
Perhaps but I've never seen Goff sail a ball like that first one in the video with a clean pocket so far over a wide open receivers head like that. And I've seen Wentz do it almost as many times this year as Cam has.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

It's not just the raw "completion percentage". I think there's someone out there who does an "adjusted completion percentage" or some sort of accuracy metric that throws out drops and throw-aways and then accounts for balls that were thrown within the normal catch radius and separately accounts for balls where the receiver bails out the QB.

Remember the Nick Foles days? Sure, he'd complete a pass, but it seemed for years a Rams QB couldn't hit a guy in stride. Much of that had to do with their accuracy. They'd hit guys sitting in zones, but rarely a deep ball and rarely a slant or crossing pattern.

Wentz just isn't as accurate which is why he struggles.

I mean just on those two throws, who doubts Goff would have made them look pedestrian.

Lemme put it this way:

Goff reminds me of a young Brady with a better arm.

Wentz reminds me of a young McNair, but with a slightly weaker arm cuz McNair had a cannon.

As none other than Jeff Fisher proved, you can get to a Super Bowl with a QB like McNair.

But as Belichick has proven, you can have dynastic success with a QB like Brady.

This is why I'm thrilled we have Goff over Wentz.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I mean just on those two throws, who doubts Goff would have made them look pedestrian.

For sure, Goff hits both passes, I've always felt Goff had the better arm. It's why I think his ceiling is higher and he will pull away as the clear cut better QB. I think Goff could be the best in the NFL as the old guys phase out.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I've watched maybe 3 eagles games this season. Wentz is not an accurate qb. He looks so so then makes an amazing play. Of course the amazing plays are all we see in the highlights. Goff has less amazing plays but is more consistent in hitting his receivers and allowing them to make yac. Don't understand why the media think the way they do until i realise they only watch the highlights. All they see are amazing plays from wentz. And look at the td column.

Give me Goff any day, especially on game day.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

I've watched maybe 3 eagles games this season. Wentz is not an accurate qb. He looks so so then makes an amazing play. Of course the amazing plays are all we see in the highlights. Goff has less amazing plays but is more consistent in hitting his receivers and allowing them to make yac. Don't understand why the media think the way they do until i realise they only watch the highlights. All they see are amazing plays from wentz. And look at the td column.

Give me Goff any day, especially on game day.

Exactly. Which is why I thought Wentz, initially. Well, firstly, I just didn't believe they would fire Fisher. I wanted him fired after 2015 and wasn't shy about it, but I figured, "well, if they're going to stick with this schmuck, Wentz will do better than Goff with Fisher." Well, we'll never know how Wentz would have done, although his improvisation would have helped at times, but we know Fisher was a total tool when it came to nurturing his "franchise QB". I mean, his QB coach on Hard Knocks was going at him asking him if he wanted to be a professional??? WTF???

But it's clear, especially with McVay that we have the better QB in Goff. Clearly.

Pederson has done an amazing job putting Wentz into position to be successful, but inaccurate QBs don't last in this league. Look at Nick Foles. Chip Kelly leads Foles to have a season for the ages and the next year? Ships him out because he wasn't accurate. The TD/INT ratio nor the completion percentage told the full story. Not saying that Wentz is Foles, but the comparisons are pretty similar.

I expect us to go a LOT of man coverage and force Wentz to make throws. That's what I would do, anyway. Force him to put it into small windows. I don't see it. Not for the whole game.

Seattle manned up and look what happened... with most of our secondary back, we should be able to man up pretty well.

Our offense might struggle a bit against a LEGIT Eagles D, but I don't like Wentz's chances against our D. The ONLY thing we can't have is to get gashed by runs early. If we can get up early and turn them one dimensional, this game will be a solid win.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I don't know if he has more, but Goff is willing to throw the ball out of bounds if nothing is available. It's very smart and I don't know if he was loike that in college, maybe someone can weigh in on that. If he wasn't like that in college then good job on the coaches to get him to minimize risks.