Goff Needs to Prove Himself Before Cousins Hits Open Market –PFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Goff Needs to Prove Himself Before Cousins Hits Open Market –PFT

Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins is moving toward the open market and that should alarm current Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff. PFT’s Mike Florio talks about the pressure on Goff to perform this season and the decision the Rams could be facing after the season. (1:22)

Watch Florio Talk Goff/Rams

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know many of you are not fans of Florio and for good reason, but this is a subject that had to be addressed. It appears and I'm shocked as to why the Redskins are going to let Kirk Cousins walk and of course his two former Coaches are now Head Coaches in the Golden State.

So if Goff proves to be worthy the Rams move forward with him, but if not, then we are about to see if everybody was truly correct in that McVay has the edge when it comes to player rapport over Kyle Shanahan and is able to recruit Cousins.

In the end who knows how this will play out, but I'm hoping for a great year two for California's Golden Boy and if Cousins ends up in San Francisco the Rams will just have to beat him like a rented goalie.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Florio never considers that the Skins have a say in the matter? Who will be their QB if they let Cousins walk? Colt McCoy? Go with an unproven draft pick?

What a lame article

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Who on earth would want to watch florio? Pass.

dcramfan

UDFA
Florio never considers that the Skins have a say in the matter? Who will be their QB if they let Cousins walk? Colt McCoy? Go with an unproven draft pick?

What a lame article
Living here in DC, every indication is that the Skins will not pay up. They keep saying they want to get a deal done, and maybe they do, but they are sure as hell are dragging their feet to slow the whole process down. They should have made a deal two seasons ago.

WvuIN02

Starter
Its possible, this is the Redskins we are talking about, not a well run organization

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

To think, all they needed to do a couple of years ago was lock him in at $20m per season.

Idiots.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I like this idea. And I'm sure McVay has the thought in his back pocket. But it would be a nightmare scenario. Goff would have to fail miserably for the Rams to move on after this season. I think he will be fine though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good ole Florio never misses a chance to throw a little shade at the Rams or one of their players.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good ole Florio never misses a chance to throw a little shade at the Rams or one of their players.

He has a valid point though and again it's all predicated on how Goff does this season and who knows many things can happen along the way. I'm not concerned I trust Sean McVay in this and if he decides the Rams need to in another direction I'm fine with that, but I don't see that happening as Goff will prove worthy in 2017 as the sun will shine brightly in Los Angeles.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I hate the way the media brings pressure to a situation at this time. But it's true...
Me either or neither.....The guy is pretty good though....But something about his red-zone percentages...... TD's and stuff....The way he plays in big games the last two years....something just doesn't taste right. I mean, they could have went to the playoffs both years....and he lost games to Philly and either the Giants or Cowboys in week 17 or 18....Two years in a row...Not a big game player IMO.
'

Rams43

Hall of Fame
IF Goff really struggles this season, I could see Cousins as a legit Ram target. Hopefully, that's a really big "if".

But I would give McVay a slight edge over Shanny if Cousins were to become a FA in a a Goff failure scenario.

I think Cousins loves McVay and he could see the two of them making beautiful music together for years and years. Not to mention that the Rams would offer the better surrounding teammate cast and Kroenke is unlikely to be outbid for Cousins' services.

Having said all that, I do believe that McVay will have (and develop) his playoff winning QB, one way or another.

It might be Goff, or it might be Cousins. Or it might be a draft pick or some other FA that McVay likes.

But McVay knows how to develop and properly use QB's, that's for sure. So we can rest assured that he will have his winning QB come hell or high water.

Makes for a warm and fuzzy feeling, don't it? Lol.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
But I would give McVay a slight edge over Shanny if Cousins were to become a FA in a a Goff failure scenario.

I think Cousins loves McVay and he could see the two of them making beautiful music together for years and years. Not to mention that the Rams would offer the better surrounding teammate cast and Kroenke is unlikely to be outbid for Cousins' services.
Assuming Donald gets his deal, the cap may become an issue in trying to sign Cousins. The 49ers will have way more cap room than the Rams. If Goff succeeds it makes spacing the cap hit over time much easier for keeping our star players.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sour cream and onion chips or you want some chips and sour cream and onion dip