Goff is 26th in passer rating

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I couldn't give a rat's ass what his QB rating is. If there's one stat I'd like to see Goff (and the whole offense) improve, it would be 3rd Down conversion rate.

Longer drives will eat more time off the clock and keep that horrid defense off the field.

Funny because people were calling our defense a SB type of defense before the Bucks game lol

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
It's the lack of passing TD's.

It's been a little odd, unlucky, in that we have had a few receivers tackled inside the 2yd line... I think like 3+ times... only to turn around and run it in.

Most recently, against Seattle Everett probably had a receiving TD but the Rams didn't challenge it last game.

If Goff had the TD's, the yards and completion % is strong enough. He's also getting docked some for the INT's (oh by the way some unlucky ones there off hands, too).

Rams also equal 3rd in the league in passes dropped with 7.

Goff's stats are very similar to Matt Ryan's except in TD's (Goff 7 Ryan 11) Ryan has a 95 QBR ... Atlanta also has 1 pass dropped for the year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That can’t last. No way he’ll end up anywhere close to that 83.0 rating.

He is overdue for some big games. Starting next Sunday, I think he goes on a strong run of performances that move him up at least into the mid 90s.
It's the high sack and (tipped) INT numbers dragging that rating down.

TexasRam

Legend
Lots of things out of his control.

it’s more a team rating really.

Rams running at the goaline eats into his “QB rating” which shows you how stupid the rating system is.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
funny our defense just was a super bowl defense
It may have been in the Super Bowl, but it wasn't a Super Bowl defense. Do you know how many teams with the 26th ranked defense in ppg for the year have won the Super Bowl? 0. Giants did it with the 25th and 23rd. But that's as close as you will get to an outlier.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
It may have been in the Super Bowl, but it wasn't a Super Bowl defense. Do you know how many teams with the 26th ranked defense in ppg for the year have won the Super Bowl? 0. Giants did it with the 25th and 23rd. But that's as close as you will get to an outlier.
Those are some good stats there raptorman. But I can say, anytime you hold the opposition to 13 points in a SB I'm pretty sure that qualifies as a "superbowl defense".

If you really think that the last 2 games are who this defense is gonna be....idk man....I think you are unrealistic or maybe just not well enough informed.

Ellard80

Legend
funny our defense just was a super bowl defense

Sorry but no... our defense has been below average to average under phillips. It has some moments, but overall not consistently good.

We win games because our offense scores.

Ranking #1 2017
Ranking #2 2018

Our defense is just "okay" enough to get the job done.. but a good defense it has never been - and there are plenty of stats and rankings to support that.

We scored nearly 35 pts a game the last two and have lost both....

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
Goff has been good enough... he needs to stop missing passes he shouldn't and he might actually ascend to elite level.

He will make a lazer, unbelievable pass... then 3 players later throw it behind a wide open easy throw.

But Goff's stats are misleading.. a lot of the int's have not been his fault.

Ellard80

Legend
Apparently that defense didn't win the sb. And that was last year. Doesn't count this year

Our defense has been average to below average the over the past 3 seasons... yeah it occasionally has some good games. but consistently it's below average.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Our defense has been average to below average the over the past 3 seasons... yeah it occasionally has some good games. but consistently it's below average.

Well that just won't do anymore. Too much talent on the team for that to happen.

Donald
Fowler
Brockers
Mathews
Littleton
Peter's
Talib
Johnson

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Those are some good stats there raptorman. But I can say, anytime you hold the opposition to 13 points in a SB I'm pretty sure that qualifies as a "superbowl defense".

If you really think that the last 2 games are who this defense is gonna be....idk man....I think you are unrealistic or maybe just not well enough informed.
The average defensive ppg for the Super Bowl winner is 4.5 over the Super Bowl years. Only 3 teams with a ppg at 20 or greater have ever won one, and 2 of those times it was the Giants. Why do you think the Patriots have 6 rings? Defensive ppg. They have averaged 7th in the league since Brady took over. Just think, 7th in the league in defense ppg for 18 years. 6, 1, 2, 8, 1, 7. Those are the rankings of the Defensive ppg for the years the Pats won theirs 6 SB's. The average score for the Super Bowl is 30-16.

RamWoodie

Legend
I don't sweat "passer ratings". They have their place in the stats...but the bottom line for me is wins and losses.

One an look at games and see how the passer rating is affected.

I know this...Goff can put it on a guy. He's made some of the best throws I've seen. The Rams have stumbled in the last two games and they know it. SF looked strong last night.... but that was Cleveland's offense...not the Rams.

SUIT UP AND PLAY!!!