Goff is 26th in passer rating

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
That can’t last. No way he’ll end up anywhere close to that 83.0 rating.

He is overdue for some big games. Starting next Sunday, I think he goes on a strong run of performances that move him up at least into the mid 90s.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Goff will be fine once the OL gels and Mcvay keeps balance between the run and passing game.

KayJay

Starter
Sounds about right. Two out of his first 3 games were abysmal. His next two games, the receivers and Offensive linemen decided to join the party with drops and blown assignments. The Jared we know is still in there. As the offensive line starts to improve so will his numbers.

Dude could of potentially had 3 or 4 touchdowns. But Gurley's red zone fumble, lack of foot control to stay in bounds by woods; as well as two possessions given to Gurley for TD'S took those chances out of his hands.

I do agree however he's overdue for a big game. I swore up and down it was going to be that bucs game. But we looked f*cking awful as a whole. Come hell or high water I think he has a big game this week at home. He just had a real bad September to remember. If you hadn't noticed, Mahommes and Dak haven't looked so hot their past two games either. Quarterbacks aren't perfect, they will have some up and down moments.

Jared is still averaging a 63% completion percentage despite throwing the ball so much. The Rams have been f*ck ups lately. They are way too talented for this to last. I think October will be a good month for the offense.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's the lack of passing TD's.

It's been a little odd, unlucky, in that we have had a few receivers tackled inside the 2yd line... I think like 3+ times... only to turn around and run it in.

Most recently, against Seattle Everett probably had a receiving TD but the Rams didn't challenge it last game.

If Goff had the TD's, the yards and completion % is strong enough. He's also getting docked some for the INT's (oh by the way some unlucky ones there off hands, too).

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

It's been a little odd, unlucky, in that we have had a few receivers tackled inside the 2yd line... I think like 3+ times... only to turn around and run it in.

Most recently, against Seattle Everett probably had a receiving TD but the Rams didn't challenge it last game.

If Goff had the TD's, the yards and completion % is strong enough. He's also getting docked some for the INT's (oh by the way some unlucky ones there off hands, too).

It's truly a game of inches.

I can think of 4 different times off the top of my head that coulda,shoulda, woulda been TD's. But we can't sit here and make excuses for our team. Goff does need to get a little better, he's starting to Gel out there, you could see it in the Seattle game and at the end of the TB Game. Stats can be a little misleading as well. But he's even gotten lucky with some dropped INT's, which is kind of scary. But I guess you can look at it from both ways. He's also had some missed TD's by his WR's.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Agree his rating will rise. They are very close to being themselves on offense. Also they have two TEs playing well and Everett finally putting it all together in the passing game.

This is good for him too. Little adversity to sharpen him up. Humble pie for the whole roster tbh, they'll work past it.

Apt43Rams

UDFA
I believe a big component of passer rating is difference between TDs and Interceptions. Since Goff's ratio is basically 1:1 at the moment, this is driving down his rating despite his completion % and yardage totals. I think it will eventually rise as well once he keeps the interceptions down and the touchdowns will come. His two QB sneaks for TDs could easily have been passing TDs since the first QB sneak was a result of Cooper Kupp's beast pass catch and run to the one yard line against the Saints and Everett's beast pass catch and run to the one yard line against the Seahawks.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Exactly. Goff rating for Seattle was 83.3
If they called Everett rec a td (which it was) his rating goes to 90
If they called Everett rec a td, Everett doesn't gift wrap the INT, his rating is 98.6
If they called Everett rec a td, Everett doesn't gift wrap the INT,, and Woods TD was upheld, his rating is 110.8

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
If he keeps throwing the ball to the other team the 83 rating is appropriate. Lots of fixing needs to be done on this team.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Agree his rating will rise. They are very close to being themselves on offense. Also they have two TEs playing well and Everett finally putting it all together in the passing game.

This is good for him too. Little adversity to sharpen him up. Humble pie for the whole roster tbh, they'll work past it.
Agree on the adversity comment for most people NOT all. Goff's rating will increase but not to the point needed to right this offense to the 2017/2018 effectiveness.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those interceptions and fumbles do that to you. He’s not the problem though.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
An 83 passer rating would be impressive in the 90s. The fact that it's a bottom-10 stat now shows much the game changed in favor of the offense.

Goff will be fine as long as the offense as a whole adapts to what opposing defenses are throwing. Utilizing Everett is the right step.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Agree on the adversity comment for most people NOT all. Goff's rating will increase but not to the point needed to right this offense to the 2017/2018 effectiveness.
Being reminded that they're not better than everyone else is a great way to get their heads back in the game for the playoff push. Ties into We Not Me, team-first mentality, etc. IF they come out of this they will be a very strong and resilient team that is ready to make a run IMO.

Ram65

Legend
I think Goff is having trouble reading defenses early in games. Combine that with pressure from poor pass protection and non-existent early run game no wonder he is near the bottom. Look for things to start to click earlier in games and Goff to jump up the rankings.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
But hey, at least he's the 26th paid QB so it all evens out :clown

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I couldn't give a rat's ass what his QB rating is. If there's one stat I'd like to see Goff (and the whole offense) improve, it would be 3rd Down conversion rate.

Longer drives will eat more time off the clock and keep that horrid defense off the field.