Goff and Wonderlic

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Gilley

UDFA
The sunset stuff is going to stick around for a while though haha. You could tell he was a little embarrassed.

Last edited:

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Not to go all scientific on ya, but the sun rises and sets due to the earth's rotation, not its orbit around the sun, which determines the season.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
949530e5e5c47f8739ba738ee4a9ce350bfcd0f0.gif

G3CniwV.gif

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/ca/kentfield/marin-catholic-high-school/jared-goff

JARED GOFF ‘13 RECRUITING PROFILE
PERSONAL STATEMENT

I am a 6'4" 190 lbs Pro-Style QB from Marin Catholic High School in Kentfield, CA. I am in the class of 2013 and have started on Varsity since my sophomore year. My career record with my team over the past 2 years is 25-2.

This past year I earned All-State honors, All-Metro honors, North Bay player of the year, MCAL League MVP, team MVP, and was selected to the Semper-Fi Proving Ground National Combine in January. I have a 3.7 GPA and have yet to take the SAT.

I am interested in a school that provides great athletics as well as academics. I am interested in schools all across the country, but preferably the West Coast. I have not yet decided what I will major in, but I'm very interested in Statistical Analysis.

Ideally, I want to make an immeadiate impact on a college football team, and I will bring great leadership, determination, and a desire to succeed to any school I go to.

Anecdotal:
As his school's all-time leader in Touchdown passes and the son of Major League Baseball catcher Jerry, this prospect has been compared to Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, and more recently University of California legend Joe Roth. The leader of his school's fraternity two years running he maintains a 3.7 GPA and holds school records for both his high school and college teams.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If Goff is smarter than the average NFL QB, what does the fact he didn't know the sun rises in the east say about our education system? And Goff wasn't the only Ram rookie that didn't know this, scary when you think about that generation eventually running things.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hate to tell on mysef, but I pulled a Goff when I was about 18yrs old. Sometimes we have mental files that don't connect. If you had asked me about the rotation of the earth in relation to the Sun, I could have told you back then that there was a dark side of the earth that meant it was nighttime there...But that file wouldn't have immediately have been accessed from the jock file, to the smart assed jock asking me about something I never cared about, and was worried was trying to set me up for a joke.."Does the Sun rise in the east, or the west?" Goff is probably very observant about things he finds interesting....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Goff is smarter than the average NFL QB, what does the fact he didn't know the sun rises in the east say about our education system? And Goff wasn't the only Ram rookie that didn't know this, scary when you think about that generation eventually running things.

It says that people don't remember things they don't care about. I'm sure we all could be stumped with seemingly easy questions (to another person) if it's something we're simply not interested in.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It says that people don't remember things they don't care about. I'm sure we all could be stumped with seemingly easy questions (to another person) if it's something we're simply not interested in.
I said similar things, but you said it better!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Came in here to say this. It's funny some of the people I've seen ridiculing him on other sites I've seen say things just as silly and get common things wrong.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I bet he was a bit nervous with having a camera following his every move and recording every thought. I've had moments where I have a brain cramp. My excuse is age.

…..

Legend
Not worried about the sun rising stuff. The kids these days know alot. Its just different stuff that they know. Curiculums change over time,. And also, appearently he didnt do alot of camping and fishing with his dad and grandpa. They could have taught him that and about the north star and about what side of the tree the moss grows on. City boy?

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
One thing I always remember. We are all ignorant. We are just ignorant about different things. You learn what you need to survive. No worries here about Goff.(y)

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I can't believe people's jimmies are getting rustled over this. It was funny, have a damn laugh and move along.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
He should have an interest in whether or not the sun's going to rise.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He should have an interest in whether or not the sun's going to rise.
It's going to rise whether or not a person realizes which direction it's going to rise from. It's going to rise whether or not a person even knows which direction is east or west.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
It's going to rise whether or not a person realizes which direction it's going to rise from. It's going to rise whether or not a person even knows which direction is east or west.
That's just silly. I don't know a single Californian who doesn't know east from west. So I'm sure that isn't the issue. Thus, it becomes a question of observation. Connecting the dots from there shouldn't be that difficult. I was joking by the way.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I bet he was a bit nervous with having a camera following his every move and recording every thought. I've had moments where I have a brain cramp. My excuse is age.

I blame it on age and the 80s & 90s. I call it good timers, I had a few go many good times in the 80s & 90s. Lol.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I don't need the guy to have actual smarts - just football smarts. But he needs to have football smarts in spades.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We revolve around the sun.
You sure about that?:rolllaugh:
I think, the rise of the sun, the length of a day is determined by the earth's rotation...pretty sure the revolving around the sun affects the seasons....
he maintains a 3.7 GPA
I've seen this....several times...over the past few months...I could never find his major...

And the reason I put the wonderlic in an earlier post is because...I used to state how a certain rookie QB had a 4.0, in mechanical engineering....and I bet he could tell you, point blank that the sun rises in the east....like someone noted, living on the west coast, it would seem to be an obvious answer if you know your east, west, north, and south...trust me, I suck at navigation...get lost all the time. I blame my glaucoma medication...point is/was, it was always he's smart too...whatever gpa...it's a difference getting a 4.0 in engineering and a 4.0 in say, basket weaving...
another thing I noticed....that some of the players were stumped on the word "rises"....
Really who cares....that's me..if he goes out and throws for 4000 yards, it's all good..but I'd like my O-Line to be kinda sharp witted...And I'd want my QB to be really sharp. Maybe he was nervous...brain fart...whatever...if you think stuff like this doesn't matter...okay:giveup: