Go to hell mom ....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
George
I thought this would have been posted by now..... and Maybe this should be merged with the "dumbass" thread, I don't know.

The 3rd and 4th paragraphs of a lady's obituary reads:

"In 1962, she became pregnant by her husband's brother Lyle Dehmlow and moved to California," it reads. "She abandoned her children, Gina and Jay who were then raised by her parents in Clements, Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Schunk."

"She passed away on May 31, 2018 in Springfield and will now face judgement. She will not be missed by Gina and Jay, and they understand that this world is a better place without her
."

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/07/6179...n-deliver-harsh-send-off-in-mother-s-obituary

obit2.jpg

Name
George
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm glad you posted it.

Hopefully more of the backstory will come out ... but I'm afraid that some of the story is lost and will never be known.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I have to be honest. If after someone dies, another person feels the need to do this, they probably aren't a great person either. I mean, what's the point besides trying to throw a pity party for yourself or proving that you're a spiteful person that just can't let go?

I think that's the saddest part. Those kids (or just one kid) can't let go even after she died. She didn't sound like a good person, but damn, you have to Elsa that shit. Let it go.

fearsomefour

Legend
Jesus Christ, get on with your life.
The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference.
You want to not be bothered with someone who did you wrong....just make like they don't exist. A particle of dust carried away by the wind and enjoy your life the best you can.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A different perspective..........

The woman is a POS and deserved to have been called out for it even in death. Some people deserve it, it's very, very rare but in some cases it's totally fair.

My mother had 4 children. She was such a raging fucking asshole and bitch that none of the 4 talk to her. I haven't talked to her or seen her since I was 17. I'll turn 57 this September. My two brothers and my sister have had no contact with her either.

Eventually my parents divorced. And my father "hit the lottery"on his second wife because she is an absolutely wonderful woman.

My mother remarried a guy who had three youngish children. They lived with her until they went away to college. So in about 5-6 years of living with her they also have nothing to do with her and only actually see her because she is still married to their father. They despise her.

So this women, who on the outside was once beautiful (my father later admitted he fell for her because of her looks) on the inside was cruel, unkind and miserable.

Out of seven children she has been around or raised none speak to her. Not one. She is that big of a turd.

My older brother and I used to joke that we would piss on her grave. We'd never actually do it but that gives you some insight on how we feel.

So I can understand why someone would put something like that in an obituary.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

The woman is a POS and deserved to have been called out for it even in death. Some people deserve it, it's very, very rare but in some cases it's totally fair.

My mother had 4 children. She was such a raging freaking icehole and bitch that none of the 4 talk to her. I haven't talked to her or seen her since I was 17. I'll turn 57 this September. My two brothers and my sister have had no contact with her either.

Eventually my parents divorced. And my father "hit the lottery"on his second wife because she is an absolutely wonderful woman.

My mother remarried a guy who had three youngish children. They lived with her until they went away to college. So in about 5-6 years of living with her they also have nothing to do with her and only actually see her because she is still married to their father. They despise her.

So this women, who on the outside was once beautiful (my father later admitted he fell for her because of her looks) on the inside was cruel, unkind and miserable.

Out of seven children she has been around or raised none speak to her. Not one. She is that big of a turd.

My older brother and I used to joke that we would tick on her grave. We'd never actually do it but that gives you some insight on how we feel.

But what does calling her out after she's dead actually do?

If they hate her that much, they should have been running obits in her local newspaper before she died, talking about how they were wishful thinking and practice runs. That would have had an actual effect, both in their lives and hers.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Proof that it is a slow news period right here.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

My mother had 4 children. She was such a raging freaking icehole and bitch that none of the 4 talk to her. I haven't talked to her or seen her since I was 17. I'll turn 57 this September. My two brothers and my sister have had no contact with her either.

My older brother and I used to joke that we would tick on her grave. We'd never actually do it but that gives you some insight on how we feel.

Right on.
In addition, it is giving props to the folks who raised them.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
But what does calling her out after she's dead actually do?

I don't know, I can't speak for them and don't know what transpired in full to know why they feel that way. I know why 7 kids don't speak to my birth mother so I can only talk about that. They may, and probably do, have different reasons to feel the way they do.

Certainly those kids feel strongly...........I'm surprised someone in the media didn't track them down to ask.

In addition, it is giving props to the folks who raised them.

They stepped up and did a good thing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, my “dad” was a POS too. Abusive until I got bigger than him. He died, I skipped the funeral, and life went on as usual. This is vindictive on their part, but who am I to judge? If it’s cathardic for them, then whatever. No harm.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
My wife’s maternal grandmother still lives it up in her ‘90s. Never gave a crap about any of the 7 kids from 4 different men she had. Traumatized them with men and booze. Essentially prostitution.

As a result, my mother-in-law has lived a bi-polar existence. A bit better than her mother. My wife is heroic. Breaking generational cycles. An amazing, sacrificial mom. But she deals with her own issues.

I get the sentiment of these kids in their payback-obituary. Selfish, narcissistic parents can do generational harm. They are scum.

Nobody taught my wife how to be a great mom. Her models were horrible. But she chose love and chose to be a mom.

@fearsomefour made a great point. The opposite of love is indifference. Not hate. Choosing hate is like swallowing poison in order to get back at your enemy.

That is why it is best to do what is counter-intuitive and forgive. It frees us of destructive bitterness. Allows us to truly love. And is like heaping hot coals on our enemies lap.

Only love can change the hearts of man.