Go ahead Crown his *** !!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is fine, except I think Goff will play longer than 4 more years
giphy.gif

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
nope....been a fan....seen the losing....5-2 is nice...but big picture, it's not really crap.....

Really, why so? If the Season Ended right now the Rams win the division and are in the playoffs. So I think it holds a lot of weight. I've been watching the Games, there is a ton of cleanup that needs to be done, but the Rams could easily be 7-0 or worse than 5-2.

Why be so negative when the Rams have been in this situation since 2003. Stop being a party pooper.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The way both QBs are turning out, I'd be happy with either. Very glad we have Goff. I don't think you have to root against Wentz except when they play the rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really, why so? If the Season Ended right now the Rams win the division and are in the playoffs. So I think it holds a lot of weight.
Got to be careful with that type of thinking.
Look at last season.
Philly started out hot, going 3-0 and 4-2 with their young stud QB who then preceded to crap the bed and lead the Eagles to a 1-7 stretch. And buh bye playoffs....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I hate losing
me too....the thoughts of the last 15 years has me in here now....
If the Season Ended right now the Rams win the division and are in the playoffs.
If the season ended now....Lets end the season after Sunday....when every team plays 7 games...Seahawks win on Sunday, then THEY are in first place.
Still, the season won't end now...11 more weeks.
Why be so negative when the Rams have been in this situation since 2003. Stop being a party pooper.
I'm not being negative....I think the team is doing great....I think there are still a bunch of football left in the season. I think the team needs to improve in the red zone.

I only gave props to a player I've watched since the draft....a lot less than I've watched Goff....and as soon as I say, damn, that was a hell of a performance on Monday night football, all these, Goff's gonna be better, Goff's walking on water....Goff is the father of my child type responses....Goff IS Good

Wentz looks Great......

that's it....and 2 days later...this is what it's become..

You want to keep this party going? We gotta keep winning....DC's are gonna take away Gurley soon....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I will probably merge them all if another one pops up. There's only two being discussed right now so I'll let it play out. I agree, the idea that this Goff v Wentz debate is tiresome when it keeps popping up in entirely new threads. Hell - it's tiresome in general but I get it. I think it will go on for quite a while - especially as it appears that both are going to be high on the list of player discussion even without the debate of who is better. I'm glad to see that with Wentz playing as well as he is (hell, even @jrry32 has to admit that) Jered is keeping the debate....well.....debatable.

I will say that it is worthless to lament the thought of "if only". We have Goff and that is not going to change. The Beagles took Wentz and that is not going to change. Let's just hope that we got a QB that ALONG with the rest of the team, can win us championships.

Cheers

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unfortunately neither of the QBs has won anything since all that matters is playoff wins. But the battle should be fun for a long time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As much as I tend to lean far more positive (some would say Homer) and don't rejoice in reading the negative posts out there, I get why some simply aren't quite ready to buy stock in Koolaide. @LACHAMP46 has his reservations, and I get it. I don't quite get why he argues so vehemently for former players like GRob but meh.... I suppose as long as he does it respectfully and within the rules of the board(which he has), I can simply disagree and argue my side. Though I may not agree with him at times, he has been at the heart of some pretty lively debates. So before I get too down on someone for being negative, I tend to look at how they treat other members and the organization or if that is all they do is spew negativity. We keep an eye on those who seem to relish in the Rams miscues, but if they are keeping to the rules and not just trying to drag down the discussion here, I think they are just adding their own spice. It might be pretty boring around here if everyone was just stating pure homer 24/7.

My suggestion is that you argue your point with him and keep it civil. That said, let him have it if you can do so respectfully.

And to add, this is not me defending negativity. I know it's going to be there but I do wish people would stop dwelling on the past or what shoe might drop. I also get pretty disgusted by the knee jerk bitching in the Game Day Thread. We all get pissed when the team screws up. But not everything needs to be said without that filter between the ears.

Alright - more than enough said here.

Cheers and GO RAMS!!! Oh - and Go Goff no matter what CHAMP says. :D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You want to keep this party going? We gotta keep winning....DC's are gonna take away Gurley soon....
You really think they can just stack the box and stop the run? I could see it with the "weapons" we used to have. But if this past week showed anything, it showed that we can and will hit them several different ways. And that includes a pretty stifling defense. We played two of the best backfields and D-lines we will face in Seattle and Jax. In the Seattle game, we marched right down the field and had 7 points taken away from us on a fluke play. Even though, the shecocks took Gurley away most of the rest of the game, we still should have won.

I get why you want proof. And I think you're going to see it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well, we want to keep Gurley going all right and Fark the D Coordinators. It will never be easy when from the same formation different runs and passes can be called with no indication for the defense to know which one is coming. PLUS, the hurry up offense make the opposing defense stay in a vanilla scheme.....This isn't Rob Boras calling plays anymore...ADJUST that GROB thinking that you have!
:sneak:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You really think they can just stack the box and stop the run?
I think that's the Giants plan after the bye....I can almost guarantee when the weather gets cold....we'll see boxes stacked to stop Gurley.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Doesn't the running game tend to pick up when the weather gets cold because no one wants to tackle? Gurley gets better as the game goes on and the D wears down, and Brown is a bruising back.

I wouldn't say Seattle took Gurley away, I thought it was more McVay and the playcalling more than anything. Gurley had 14 rushing attempts and iirc he had 7 in the 1st quarter.

nighttrain

Legend
I would love to see the opposition with 8 in the box, and so would McVay and Goff,

This is the only way to maybe hold back Gurley, and it wont stop him from catching passes
train

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think that's the Giants plan after the bye....I can almost guarantee when the weather gets cold....we'll see boxes stacked to stop Gurley.
I think their game plan is going to be to blitz blitz blitz. We are not run heavy enough to stack the box. Spags likes to take QBs out of the game by giving them no time to throw. I suspect we will se a lot of check downs and probably some designed screens to go after them. Unfortunately, Watkins likely has to face JJ most of the day but I think our TEs, Woods, and Kupp will see a lot of quick hitters and Gurley will hit some good gainers. The Giants have had a few good games against the run but then again, they did it against average to well below average rushing teams. But what really prevents them from stacking the box is that they have allowed the 6th most passing yards and the 3rd most passing TDs.