GMF's Schrager is Talking up Kupp again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like this^! 75 to 80 catches as a Rookie!? That should put him over 1000 yards receiving! (y):D At that rate, what, 10-12 Td's!?!:D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
75-80 catches and I'm getting his number tattooed on my ass

You got it man. End of this season I expect this to be bumped with a pic to prove it! :p

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
This reminds me of an article in the OC Register back in the day when the Rams drafted Troy Drayton. The local sports writer claimed after watching Drayton at practice the he would have 70 catches in the season.

Didn't happen. 27 catches his first season. Can you imagine 70 catches for a tight end?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
If things go well for Kupp I could see 35-50 catches. I will be over the moon with anything beyond that. Depends on how much playing time he gets though. So many pass catchers to evaluate. Makes you almost forget guys like Thomas and Cooper who should have an edge going into their 2nd year if they have any talent.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he's going to end up looking very smart at the end of the year. Myself and @Mackeyser have kind of bandied about in our own echo chamber about Kupp, but I really think this kid is special. He's the sort of special that will get it right away. His technical skill is already on par with veteran NFL WRs. He sees the game and understands the game in a way that most WRs don't. If this kid stays healthy, it's going to be hard for us to keep him off the field.

He's the type of player who can dissect his opposition with his mind and apply that to the field. That's what makes Antonio Brown so unstoppable. Antonio Brown is a step ahead at all times. Antonio isn't an elite athlete. He's just a guy who gets the game like few do. Kupp is similar in that regard. He has the right athletic traits to get open at the NFL level. And he's going to catch the ball when he gets open. Kupp just gets football. And McVay will know how to harness it.

But hey, I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time or the second time or the third time . . . .

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If things go well for Kupp I could see 35-50 catches. I will be over the moon with anything beyond that. Depends on how much playing time he gets though. So many pass catchers to evaluate. Makes you almost forget guys like Thomas and Cooper who should have an edge going into their 2nd year if they have any talent.
i wouldn't say they have the edge on the Kupp .. i mean those were Fisher guys.. they hardly set the world on fire..

as it stands IMO the first three receivers up are Woods Austin and Kupp

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

fantasy football alert.

has everyone else locked up kupp in their dynasty teams? the beauty is that i've been getting him in the 3rd-5th rounds in rookie/fa drafts. cheap as. most of the media have him pegged as a slow slot wr.

UtahRam

Rookie
I have very little concern about our receiving corps. I have a lot of concern whether Goff will have any time to find them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
75-80 catches and I'm getting his number tattooed on my ass
Says: "Who's number?"
hi-res-8b4c770044d872280f75cefef9266a21_crop_exact.jpg

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I was watching some youtube highlights of Cupp again this morning and I noticed on of the comments said that Cupp reminds him of Dez Bryant. I never really thought about this but you look at the way the guy runs and the way he attacks the ball they really do look a lot a like on the football field. Cupp may not be quite as fast but I believe Dez ran a 4.5 something so there not that far apart.

Last edited:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I just wish people would lay off on Kupp before he's taken to the field. I don't want him to be a marked man, and I don't want too much pressure on him. The higher up that pedestal players are put the further they have to fall.

What I have liked about Kupp though is the similarities I'm getting between him and McVay, the way they approach the sport is a very similar way, their work ethic, the way that they seem to understand both Offence AND Defence to maximise a play. I'm quietly hoping that this is a football match made in heaven. But no pressure Kupp :whistle::whistle::whistle:;)