GM Les Snead and HC Jeff Fisher – Press Conference March 14,

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

GM Les Snead and HC Jeff Fisher – Press Conference
March 14, 2012

(HC Jeff Fisher Opening Statement)
“I’ll start with the news of the day or the news of the hour. We have agreed to terms with (CB) Cortland Finnegan. Cortland is in the building. The contract is not finalized. As you can imagine, contracts like these have some ‘Is’ that need to be dotted and ‘Ts’ that need to be crossed. We’re also going to probably send him off property and get a physical just to make sure everything’s OK. We don’t anticipate problems with that, but we are very, very excited about his future here and what he can do as far as contributing to our defense. Obviously, I’ve had a relationship with him, know him very well and I know he‘s going to fit in and be a very fine player for us. We’re very, very excited about that. I’ll field some questions here in a minute regarding that. (DT) Jason Jones is also in the building. He arrived last night. His situation is different, we have not agreed to terms. We are recruiting Jason right now. We hope to have a chance to get things worked out, but we also think that J.J. would also fill a need for us. That’s kind of just a quick update on where we are in free agency. I’ll let Les (Snead) take it from here as far as what we did over the last few days as it relates to our picks.”

(GM Les Snead Opening Statement)
“That’s the news of the day. Obviously, we’ve had a lot of energy, excitement, things going on since the last time we were in this room, especially in the last week. First and foremost, I do want to…one of the most important things we probably did as an organization is some of our players and some of our staff went down to Harrisburg (IL) and helped those victims of that tornado. I think it was this past Friday, so that may be one of the more important things we actually did as an organization. Obviously, when I first stepped in this room, probably a month ago, there were some rumors going on that we had the No. 2 pick and we had options with that pick. Since that day and really in the last week, we’ve gone from the No. 2 pick in the draft to having three picks in the top 39 of this year’s draft, plus two number 1s in 2013 and two number 1s in 2014. And we’ve also signed Cortland Finnegan to be one of our leaders on defense, so we’ve had that going on. I mentioned in the first press conference that we’re going to be an organization that understands how to build, develop, and coach its football teams to win division championships consistently. This is part of that building process. It’s an initial step in the process, we’ve got a lot of steps to go before we make this thing successful, but we plan on doing it. So we can open it up to questions from there.”

full transcript: http://www.ramsfans.com

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Re: GM Les Snead and HC Jeff Fisher – Press Conference March

Thanks man. Interesting answers.