Glazer: Kaepernick 'on an island' in 49ers locker room

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
BBmq4X3.img
© Getty Images SANTA CLARA, CA - OCTOBER 4: Colin Kaepernick #7 of the San Francisco 49ers listens to music alone in the lcoker room prior to the game against the Green Bay Packers at Levi Stadium on October 4, 2015 in Santa Clara…
49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's fall from grace this season has been well documented.

After a dreadful performance in a loss to the Seahawks on Thursday night, when Kaepernick completed just 13 of 24 passes for 124 yards. His offensive line didn't do him any favors, though, allowing six sacks.

Kaepernick, who burst onto the scene in 2012 and led the 49ers to a Super Bowl, has been on the hot seat and his coach, Jim Tomsula, has said that he will not be benched. However, FOX Sports NFL insider said that the players in the locker room are not completely behind Kaepernick.

"His confidence is completely shot," Glazer said on Sunday. "It's not that (the players) don't like him. But he's just alone, on an island in that locker room. There's not a lot of people he connects with.

"Confidence wise he's just buried right now."

Let's get 49er week rolling with some good news! All of my 49er 'faithful' neighbors & co-workers are crying their eyes out over their 'incompetent' coach and 'PUNK' QB. hahahahahah! Can't wait to get to the office...

fearsomefour

Legend
Him and Foles are nearly identical this year stat wise which is sort of interesting.
Just keep him in the pocket and don't give up any cheap ones (talking to you JJ) and the Rams win two in a row.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's what all the hype does to QBs.

Just b/c they can run doesn't mean they are all that great. And this guy, along with Russell Wilson, Michael Vick, Robert Griffin III, etc have all been hyped like no other. Endorsements, commercials, national topics of conversation, etc. They buy into their own hype. Any bit of problems and they crumble to varying degrees.

jap

Legend
He will be on an island several times next week with many Horn warheads targeting him relentlessly.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Him and Foles are nearly identical this year stat wise which is sort of interesting.
Just keep him in the pocket and don't give up any cheap ones (talking to you JJ) and the Rams win two in a row.

JJ is one of the best CBs in the NFL. He held Aaron Rodgers to ONE failed attempt against him in Green bay for god's sake. NO WR can beat JJ. Even with his hiccups in the past, he has shown, when he is on, he will shut down any receiver, and this season he is done with hiccups. If dude isn't pro bowl bound as a CB, who is?

The time for calling him out is so last season. (y)

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit

Just b/c they can run doesn't mean they are all that great. And this guy, along with Russell Wilson, Michael Vick, Robert Griffin III, etc have all been hyped like no other. Endorsements, commercials, national topics of conversation, etc. They buy into their own hype. Any bit of problems and they crumble to varying degrees.

The running QB fad is dead. Of those three, only Wilson can beat you with his arm, and by "you", I mean the Bears. (y)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Good points. I bet hearing a guy like Jaws say that you have potential to be the greatest QB in the NFL adds to it.

JJ is one of the best CBs in the NFL. He held Aaron Rodgers to ONE failed attempt against him in Green bay for god's sake. NO WR can beat JJ. Even with his hiccups in the past, he has shown, when he is on, he will shut down any receiver, and this season he is done with hiccups. If dude isn't pro bowl bound as a CB, who is?

Spite me once shame on you, spite me twice shame on me. JJ has been great this season but that doesn't mean that we just forget his gaffes of seasons past. Maybe it is no coincidence that he is reaching his true potential in his contract year? Maybe this year he is giving it is more important to him to be great. Like I said in the JJ thread franchise him and find out.

jjab360

Legend
That picture completely undermines that stupid Beats commercial lol.

Kaepernick sitting balled up in a corner crying, while his teammates look on in pity, and that stupid song keeps playing over and over, "I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the maaaan". Sniffle.

fearsomefour

Legend

I agree with this actually.
Just having some fun with this. He was so good vs Cleveland. His tackling (along with Johnson) was great, caused a fumble and coverage was very good. Id hurry up and sign him, the price isn't going down.

A.J. Smith

UDFA
Name
A.J.

I don't know about saying "no WR can beat JJ" but he was awesome yesterday. Definitely playing the best ball of his career so far. Very happy to see him performing like this.

F. Mulder

Starter
Keeping with the fragile team, fragile player theme I've been talking about, again, here is an example of a guy really struggling who has little, if any, confidence, and at the slightest sign of unrest can become completely unglued. It is so critical to get after him early, get some hits on him, keep him in the pocket, maybe get a TO and watch him unravel. The worst thing that could happen is for him to make a big play on a broken pass play or with his legs where he gets just a little bit of that false swagger of his.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You win and everyone loves you (and overlooks your annoying characteristics).

Start losing? Well, all of a sudden you find yourself sitting alone listening to tunes.

This is just the beginning of the end for Kaepernick and San Francisco.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I almost feel for the guy. I really do. He bought into his own hype, got swallowed up by the fame and fortune, and he was really never that good. He was never like this in college. He was the exact opposite in college; he was literally working at a sports store in the offseason and graduated early on.

I don't know what happened to the guy. Unfortunately, he looks to be too broken to fix.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One of the problems with the way Greg Roman simplifies things for his QB is that it holds the QB back from developing into what this league requires at the position. What we are seeing is that most coordinators do not adjust things to best-utilize QBs who scramble and who are not highly proficient at reading defenses.

We are seeing the same thing with Tyrod Taylor, for whom Roman has simplified things, or did, before his injury. IMO if Krapperdick wants to ensure his future in this league he will become a student of the game. If I were him, I'd be in that film room with an effin cot until I felt I had a good grasp on each week's opponent.

The Rams defense is his worst nightmare too, btw. Unpredictable for even QBs who are good at their craft, dangerous to a QB's health, fast and vicious. Sure would be nice to see this defense put him out of his misery for a while. Yeah, I know, it's pretty mean to say something like that. But I don't care, I want to see Colon Krapperdick blowin snot bubbles as he leaves the field on a stretcher next Sunday.