Giving major props to (underrated) Rams Executive Tony Pastoors

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
The Big 4 involved regarding the Rams culture, roster building strategy and front office/structure (Kroenke, McVay, Snead & Demoff) have gotten a ton of respect and it's been well deserved for various reasons.

The 5th man (Tony Pastoors) has kind of been hidden under the radar. He's not been forgotten, but it feels like he gets lost in the shuffle.

I know I'm not alone hearing that Pastoors is the front man (salary cap/magician) regarding the Rams financial responsibilities.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this dude Mr. Pastoors has been an under the radar big time asset to the Los Angeles Rams organization.

It's as if Pastoors is a stealth CEO that problem solves and makes crucial beneficial decisions for a top five fortune 500 company.

Tony Pastoors enters his 12th season with the Rams after joining the Rams prior to the 2010 season. Pastoors serves as the vice president, football and business administration.

In this role, Pastoors works directly with Chief Operating Officer Kevin Demoff on all aspects of Rams operations. Pastoors teams with General Manager Les Snead and Head Coach Sean McVay in the development and implementation of the club's strategic plans for player signings and player acquisitions.

As the club's chief negotiator, Pastoors is responsible for Rams' salary cap management, contract negotiations, compliance with the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement as well as the club's financial and strategic planning.

Pastoors also partners with Demoff, Snead, and McVay in the day-to-day management and execution of the team's football operations. In addition, Pastoors serves as a liaison to Rams business operations, including marketing, partnerships, finance, ticketing, community relations, administration, and communications.

Born and raised in Minneapolis, Minn. Pastoors received his degree from Dartmouth College, where he was a three-time letter winner for Head Coach Buddy Teevens and the Dartmouth football program. Pastoors resides in Los Angeles, Calif., with his wife, Emily and their daughter Charli.

You have been worth every penny Mr. Kroenke pays you Mr. Pastoors. Continue the genius work you do. The Rams are blessed to have you on their payroll.

la-1536117197-3y9gtr3hrq-snap-image

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
This is no joke.

A man who by nature of position gets overlooked. And only 34 years old.

Our top end organization is quietly doing its miracle work.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Excellent post and observation. I knew 2 years ago I was pretty hard on the cap guy because of the contact situations with Goff, Gurley and Cooks dead money and seeing a team like PHI constantly move around money while we didn't.

Turns out Pastoors and the Rams have done an absolute unbelievable job with it. And have some work cut out for them this off-season. But, for us it seems like the salary cap doesn't exist thanks to them.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excellent post and observation. I knew 2 years ago I was pretty hard on the cap guy because of the contact situations with Goff, Gurley and Cooks dead money and seeing a team like PHI constantly move around money while we didn't.

Turns out Pastoors and the Rams have done an absolute unbelievable job with it. And have some work cut out for them this off-season. But, for us it seems like the salary cap doesn't exist thanks to them.

Pastoors periodically gets mentioned and applauded by Kroenke, McVay, Demoff and company, but he doesn't seem to do interviews.

Maybe he prefers to stay behind the scenes?

This dude comes off as a problem solver and salary cap mathematician genius.

I don't doubt that he would admit making his share of mistakes regarding player value and contract extensions.

It would be very interesting to watch and hear Pastoors do a deep dive interview about his role and accountability about his job duties working for the Rams.

R.301de2903d13bb11804bba3fc404f45b