Give Byron Young Some Love!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Byron Young was the 77th player selected, and the 14th EDGE rusher, in the 2023 draft.

He is currently first among rookies in sacks (5.0) and QB hits (14) and tied for first in forced fumbles (2).

He also has 39 combined tackles, which is a testament to his overall role on the defense, and his abilities in defending the run and pursuit.

Whatever "grade" he was given when selected, he has proven to be an A+ pick.

The coaches, scouts and front office knocked that selection out of the park!

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
"He's benefitted from Aaron Donald being double-teamed all the time" - the media.

sloramfan

Starter
i was just thinking about that guy as i was watching the mcvay show...

"0" kept showing up in the back of my mind...

maybe we got something...

go rams

slo

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate that we traded Jalen Ramsey, but the silver lining was getting Young with that pick.
Great thread, he has been playing really well and far above expectations

WestCoastRam

Legend
Are you discounting his performance, or just suggesting that others might?

Like theirs no middle ground? How about he's good AND he's benefited from Donald's presence.

Kids got a long way to go but I like what I've seen so far. Would love to seem him be the kind of guy who needs to be doubled and still put up those numbers.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like theirs no middle ground? How about he's good AND he's benefited from Donald's presence.

Kids got a long way to go but I like what I've seen so far. Would love to seem him be the kind of guy who needs to be doubled and still put up those numbers.
I think you’re setting the bar a bit high.

What I’d like to have is a bookend on the other side.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I mean, I said I'd love that. Not that it would happen. Let's not confuse want with expectation.

I would love to win a SB this year...
It won’t happen this year. Next year, it could and should be a priority.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Sadly, he's a victim of his own success.

His expectations are now T. Lewis knocking out Gronk... every single play.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Between Puka and Young, we could end up with the OROY and the DROY. That would be quite the coup, and something to salvage from this season and be something to build on for the future.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Love to see an ex-Volunteer having success in the NFL, especially when it is with the Rams.

dang

Legend
My apologies to Young. I admittedly did not see him contributing much this year. I still want another impactful vet edge next year but Young’s ascension may allow the Rams to stay away from pursuing an expensive elite Edge thru FA next year.