Girl "attacked" by manatee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hilarity ensues.

Best part is all the people on the boat watching. :ROFLMAO:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The Manetee is just hanging out and she's melting down
all the time managing to keep her selfie stick above water
this is why i own a ranch, never leave, and own guns

images.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The vicious manatees... real man eaters. LOL

Apparently nobody bothered to tell her that they are harmless vegetarians.

I see them all the time. They are extremely gentle animals. They are absolutely harmless.

I did have an encounter with one once that scared the shit out of both me and the manatee. I was diving near the inlet in Ft Pierce, FL. The water was basically shallow (50ft) but the visibility sucked on this particular day. One of those days were you realize you've reached the bottom when your mask hits it.

I was spearfishing... carefully looking for something to shoot in the cloudy water. I was doing this fairly close to the jetty rocks which you're not really supposed to do. Anyway, in my search for dinner I spun around and to my complete surprise... I was face to face with a full grown adult manatee. He was just inches from my face. It didn't register right away that I was looking at a sea cow... at first all I knew was that there was an extremely large something inches from my face.

We both freaked. The manatee shoot off like a bolt. They can really move if they want to. My heart calmed down quickly once I realized what was staring at me. Crazy.

I've been in the water with them many times when the water is clear. They are super curious and gentle. Beautiful creatures. Sadly, most have big scars on their backs from being hit by boat props.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I was face to face with a full grown adult manatee. He was just inches from my face. It didn't register right away that I was looking at a sea cow... at first all I knew was that there was an extremely large something inches from my face.

Same thing happened to me while laying on my surf board in the ocean in Santa Cruz, CA. Suddenly there appeared this giant face with big whiskers. It smelled like fish. I screamed like a little girl. :snicker:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Same thing happened to me while laying on my surf board in the ocean in Santa Cruz, CA. Suddenly there appeared this giant face with big whiskers. It smelled like fish. I screamed like a little girl. :snicker:

That's funny. Fish breath you say? Hahahahahaha.

I've been surfing since I was very young growing up in Hawaii. Back here in FL my favorite beach is New Smyrna Beach... which just so happens to be the shark bite capital of the world. I can't tell you how many times I've shared a wave with a toothy fella. Never been freaked out on a surfboard.... but I can totally see how the seal could have spooked you.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I can totally see how the seal could have spooked you.

There was alcohol and other substances involved which might have caused me to overreact. Never saw a shark in all my years of surfing but was stung by a jellyfish once at Redondo Beach in LA. That was exceedingly painful.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The vicious manatees... real man eaters. LOL

Apparently nobody bothered to tell her that they are harmless vegetarians.

I see them all the time. They are extremely gentle animals. They are absolutely harmless.

I did have an encounter with one once that scared the crap out of both me and the manatee. I was diving near the inlet in Ft Pierce, FL. The water was basically shallow (50ft) but the visibility sucked on this particular day. One of those days were you realize you've reached the bottom when your mask hits it.

I was spearfishing... carefully looking for something to shoot in the cloudy water. I was doing this fairly close to the jetty rocks which you're not really supposed to do. Anyway, in my search for dinner I spun around and to my complete surprise... I was face to face with a full grown adult manatee. He was just inches from my face. It didn't register right away that I was looking at a sea cow... at first all I knew was that there was an extremely large something inches from my face.

We both freaked. The manatee shoot off like a bolt. They can really move if they want to. My heart calmed down quickly once I realized what was staring at me. Crazy.

I've been in the water with them many times when the water is clear. They are super curious and gentle. Beautiful creatures. Sadly, most have big scars on their backs from being hit by boat props.
Remember this George? This is Becky swimming with one next to your boat. Hard to make out the Manatee but it was right there next to her.
IMAG0517.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Remember this George? This is Becky swimming with one next to your boat. Hard to make out the Manatee but it was right there next to her.
View attachment 5918

Hell yeah I remember that Stu!

I was glad you guys got to see that. Too bad you didn't get the camera in time to get a clear shot. I know we were all moving very slow that day... after drinking and dancing all night before. That sucker swam right next to her and hung around for a few. Good times!

Athos

Legend
That's one annoying ass scream.

I was kinda hoping the manatee might eat her.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That's one annoying ass scream.

I was kinda hoping the manatee might eat her.

Manatee probably didn't want to eat her annoying ass. I thought she was giving the poor thing a headache.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I wouldn't let that bitch back on the boat, she'd have to swim to shore.

Puppies are more dangerous than manatees. What an attention whore.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I wouldn't let that bitch back on the boat, she'd have to swim to shore.

Puppies are more dangerous than manatees. What an attention whore.

Word. You have more of a chance of winning twenty lotteries in a row than getting attacked by a manatee.