Getting divorced, but it is all good

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
No this isn't a sympathy thread or anything. We've been separated for over 2 years and are on good terms but have been lazy in getting this done but finally are. We are trying to get divorced without involving lawyers since we are poor and cheap. I already have divorce complaint filled out and ready to be notarized tomorrow so I can turn it in to start the ball rolling. I believe I have most of the forms we will need for the duration but was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers so as to not to fuck this process up and get it done right. Such a pain that the court wont give any help or info since its a legal matter. Don't know why they cant just tell me the steps to get it done. We both want to get divorced, no children, both have our stuff, no fighting over things. Residing in Alabama. Any help is grateful.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If you need a lawyer who likes to make up pointless shit, I hear Mike Foolio is looking for clients.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’m glad you two are on the same page. That seems important.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks for the advice and help guys (y)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm in agreement with @Akrasian
A paralegal is a great way to go.
They cost much less than an attorney and bring the piece of mind that all forms are filled out correctly. Which can be extremely confusing.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Another thing I'd add...

Stop delaying it. The sooner you get it taken care of, the sooner you can move on!