Gearing up for an Odell Beckham rule now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - The NFL competition committee is considering a rules change that could lead to more ejections for personal fouls.

After meeting most of the day Tuesday in Indianapolis, where the league's annual scouting combine is being held, committee member Stephen Jones said he expects a resolution at next month's owners meetings in Florida.

The Dallas Cowboys executive vice president of player personnel said most of the debate has centered on details such as which penalties would qualify for ejections.

Any changes would come just months after Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. drew three personal foul penalties in a loss to the Carolina Panthers.

The committee also has discussed the rule on catches, though Jones said he does not anticipate that changing this year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Every time I think of the ejection rule I remember the Carolina game when Sam was injured. That bumping the ref crap needs better definition. The refs were clearly frustrated but that ejection was not in the spirit of the rule. Instead it was a reaction of a ref, after allowing things to get out of hand.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the owners should collectively get together to find out how they can find refs that will not loose control of the game as those guys surely did. Education about how that could have been handled more effectively is the answer.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they should institute the penalty box like in hockey.
Beckham gets flagged unsportsmanlike and he has to sit out 5 plays. The Giants then have to play 10 on 11.
How cool would that be?
I'm kidding, but not really....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Beckham gets flagged unsportsmanlike and he has to sit out 5 plays. The Giants then have to play 10 on 11.
How cool would that be?

Honestly; it wouldn't surprise me to see a penalty box concept on personal fouls (time based), eventually.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Every time I think of the ejection rule I remember the Carolina game when Sam was injured. That bumping the ref crap needs better definition. The refs were clearly frustrated but that ejection was not in the spirit of the rule. Instead it was a reaction of a ref, after allowing things to get out of hand.
Actually, I think that was the Seattle game. Langford was ejected for bumping a zebra. That was also the game they threw a taunting flag on JL55.

And yeah, that was incidental contact.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
How cool would that be?

:mrburnsevil: I was thinking more of a penalty "cage" actually. With some rabid mid-sized creatures, like raccoons, or perhaps badgers, for accompaniment. You know, to spice things up.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
They absolutely need to have personal fouls to be reviewable if they do that.

Ram65

Legend
:mrburnsevil: I was thinking more of a penalty "cage" actually. With some rabid mid-sized creatures, like raccoons, or perhaps badgers, for accompaniment. You know, to spice things up.

How about a "cage match" for the offending players. Of course not the refs.