GAME DAY GDT Week 2 - Falcons at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am thinking we're going to need to make a move. The pass rush needs one more guy. Hollins is a good rotational player, but we need a more disruptive rusher. We'll probably need to wait until later in the year for a team that's out of contention to be willing to trade a guy.

If the Colts keep struggling, maybe they'll be willing to trade Yannick Ngakoue.
Blindside rush has been a big need since Von left. Nothing has changed there tbh.

I don't know that we'll be able to get one this year though. Contenders are going to be in competition for any rusher who hits the market due to the way Von boosted us last year. Copycat league and all that. I suspect it's gonna be tough to pull off this year so Raheem may end up needing to get real creative on the rush schemes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Blindside rush has been a big need since Von left. Nothing has changed there tbh.

I don't know that we'll be able to get one this year though. Contenders are going to be in competition for any rusher who hits the market due to the way Von boosted us last year. Copycat league and all that. I suspect it's gonna be tough to pull off this year so Raheem may end up needing to get real creative on the rush schemes.
I think we'll have a shot. We're ballsier than most squads, especially when it comes to trading picks. A Robert Quinn homecoming may also be an option.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Thought Alaric Jackson played well at RG too.

1663551696595.png

1663551835311.png

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Stafford.. again.. with a really bad interception.
5 picks in two weeks.. and someone is gonna tell me his ints in Detroit were all because he was on a bad team.

Nope.

The throw to Higbee? I mean.. come on.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I am thinking we're going to need to make a move. The pass rush needs one more guy. Hollins is a good rotational player, but we need a more disruptive rusher. We'll probably need to wait until later in the year for a team that's out of contention to be willing to trade a guy.
It's been the biggest hole on the roster all off-season. A move for an edge needs to happen 100% if we want to try and make noise in the playoffs. Neither TLewis nor Hollins are NFL starting material no matter how many people around here say they are. We got zero pressure outside of the two blitz calls where Wagz and Cobie came away with sacks. Zero pressure through two weeks when rushing 4. Adding an edge unlocks AD as well who is getting 3 slid to him every single snap.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Stafford.. again.. with a really bad interception.
5 picks in two weeks.. and someone is gonna tell me his ints in Detroit were all because he was on a bad team.

Nope.

The throw to Higbee? I mean.. come on.
I actually had missed the second int and am watching again.

The second one was a joke as well.

Stafford has gotta clean shit like that up for this team to have a good year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I actually had missed the second int and am watching again.

The second one was a joke as well.

Stafford has gotta clean shit like that up for this team to have a good year.

I'm not too worried just yet, I think he's still looking to find his rhythm this early in the season. Last year his earlier season games had him under throwing his receivers quite a bit, but he got that behind him and I'm guessing he'll do the same here as he gains more confidence & chemistry with his teammates as the season develops. At least I'm hoping so ...
jmo.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm not too worried just yet, I think he's still looking to find his rhythm this early in the season. Last year his earlier season games had him under throwing his receivers quite a bit, but he got that behind him and I'm guessing he'll do the same here as he gains more confidence & chemistry with his teammates as the season develops. At least I'm hoping so ...
jmo.
I appreciate that and don't expect him to average 2.5 ints a game...
But the stat they put up said it all.. 7 multi-int games since the start of last season.
Could've been another one on the pass to Krupp in corner with double coverage.
That being said.. the way they were running.. I really wish McVay would've run it three times in a row inside the two.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Henderson just looks way more decisive.. and more explosive to and through the hole than Akers.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we'll have a shot. We're ballsier than most squads, especially when it comes to trading picks. A Robert Quinn homecoming may also be an option.
Isn’t he a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 OLB? I thought that was why we let him go because he didn’t fit anymore….

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Isn’t he a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 OLB? I thought that was why we let him go because he didn’t fit anymore….
It was. But Rah mixes up fronts a lot more and Quinn will fit in just fine.

He's the one I expect them to go after, if he's healthy and looking decent.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wade didn't like him as a fit, but he fits fine in the new scheme. In these modern defenses, there's not a huge difference between the two, as long as the edge rusher has some agility and burst.

Psycho_X

Legend
Wade didn't like him as a fit, but he fits fine in the new scheme. In these modern defenses, there's not a huge difference between the two, as long as the edge rusher has some agility and burst.
I would be ok with this but Quinn is basically a pure edge rusher at this point... really its all he's ever been. He doesn't set the edge particularly well and isn't much use in run or screen defense. Which is where I feel Miller improved us the most last year was keeping mobile QBs in the pocket/contained. Quinn tends to run himself out of the play with QBs like that as they step up. But would be great in games against the Brady's and Jimmy Gs of the world.