GDT: The Late Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
It's illegal to win after doing something like that. It defies nature.

I've never seen something that looked so deliberately as though a team was trying to actually lose. Is that Pagano giving the big F.U. to Grigson before he hands in his resignation or something?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
whoever called that formation should be fired....

In case anyone hasn't seen it....

CRpkaM8VEAApnEY.jpg

I knew I'd seen it before though, thanks to South Park and Dan Snyder.

CRpkgA7W0AEnz8S.jpg

Athos

Legend
And there goes all my RoD coin because the Patsies had to give up a meaningless TD.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The cheaters upcoming schedule has FOUR out of the next FIVE at home? How the fuck does that even happen?

And man, just look at their next opponents...

Jets, Dolphins twice each, Redskins, Giants, Bills, Eagles, Texans, and Titans. Their hardest game is in Denver and that doesn't seem so hard b/c Peyton is having a terrible year.

ohiorams

Rookie
The cheaters upcoming schedule has FOUR out of the next FIVE at home? How the freak does that even happen?

And man, just look at their next opponents...

Jets, Dolphins twice each, Redskins, Giants, Bills, Eagles, Texans, and Titans. Their hardest game is in Denver and that doesn't seem so hard b/c Peyton is having a terrible year.

Oh please...they'll lose one or two of those easy. The Giants and Bills,Redskins and Eagles are all capable. Remember KC last year?

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I've never seen something that looked so deliberately as though a team was trying to actually lose. Is that Pagano giving the big F.U. to Grigson before he hands in his resignation or something?

He didn't seem too worried about it, that's for sure. :LOL:

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
My Pats friend at work has said all year they're going undefeated. I'm starting to believe him. :confused::confused::confused:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You would think some D-coordinator would start messing with Ernie Adams' mind by switching up the defensive call signals so that the signal that Ernie is seeing isn't the defensive play that is going to develop.

Or are NFL players so dense that they are simply unable to learn to use another defensive formation in place of their regular one? Would that just be too, too confusing?

No, the way to play the Cheats is to meta them. Introduce another layer.

Ernie Adams is such a valuable asset because he recognizes patterns and can quickly deal with data such as relating that to a play call. So, if he sees a formation, he can recall what the defense has done already out of that formation.

One way is to go the Seahawks way and to just play a pretty basic D that relies on exceptional execution. Tendencies mean next to nothing when the goal of a D is to be consistent.

Another way is to use different types of
disguises each quarter. Essentially, it's four different game plans. The HC could always choose to stick with a disguise set or randomly return to a disguise set depending on what's working. Randomly changing the disguise set would make it nearly impossible for even someone with an eidetic memory to do much more than guess because of the introduction of randomness. The HC or DC isn't changing then D or how anything is defensed, but rather just randomly changing the disguises.

Unfortunately, teams seem reluctant to introduce a meta layer and until they do, Ernie Adams will continue to be a special weapon for NE.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Oh please...they'll lose one or two of those easy. The Giants and Bills,Redskins and Eagles are all capable. Remember KC last year?

Maybe Giants. Maybe. You never know how the Giants will play.

The Bills are now an injured mess. The Redskins can easily become a mess (I think they're starting to). The Eagles? Not bloody likely. That offense ain't working right now. And all these teams play in cheaterville.

I'm just still in disbelief the cheaters got FOUR OUT OF FIVE AT HOME.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the ball wasn't supposed to be snapped. they were trying to make them jump or burn a timeout. but the cheats looked at the formation and said there's no way in hell that's working so they just stood there waiting for the colts to snap the ball.

when they walked off the field pagano asked the snapper why he snapped the ball. welcome to cutsville.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
the ball wasn't supposed to be snapped. they were trying to make them jump or burn a timeout. but the cheats looked at the formation and said there's no way in hell that's working so they just stood there waiting for the colts to snap the ball.

when they walked off the field pagano asked the snapper why he snapped the ball. welcome to cutsville.

But it was ridiculous. What's the point in that weird formation? It wasn't even legal because they didn't have enough men on the line. They weren't going to jump. Just go to the jumbo package, threaten to sneak it and try and make them jump offsides that way like every other team does. Why? Because it threatens that something might actually happen. Yes he shouldn't have snapped it (that must have been a brainfart almost as big as calling that play in the first place).

rams2050

Starter
Another way is to use different types of
disguises each quarter. Essentially, it's four different game plans. The HC could always choose to stick with a disguise set or randomly return to a disguise set depending on what's working. Randomly changing the disguise set would make it nearly impossible for even someone with an eidetic memory to do much more than guess because of the introduction of randomness. The HC or DC isn't changing then D or how anything is defensed, but rather just randomly changing the disguises.

THIS was exactly what I was trying to say, albeit in far less elegant -- and cogent -- terms.

THANK YOU!

I was just trying to express my frustration with all of these coaches and coordinators who, supposedly either know or suspect what is going on with the Patriots and their use of unknown frequencies and Ernie's eidetic memory, to get off their duffs and start doing something to counteract those moves. I truly believe that it could be done, so why isn't somebody -- or several somebodies -- out there doing it?

Seems completely stupid and irrational to me. If you don't like what the Cheats are doing, then beat them at their own damned game.

Or get your own eidetic memoried, football genius. If you have an eidetic memory, how long would it take, anyway, to figure out every rule and nuance of the game?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, firstly, true photographic eidetic memory is a myth. That said, there are some who recognize patterns and have tremendous long term memory that mask such skill.

There's just no excuse to ignore how NE functions. Teams invest so much in winning and then cling to losing ways when it comes to playing NE.

It's just dumb.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Bradford &co. putting it to NY! Maybe they can do the same to the cheaters when they play? Hope so!