GDT: The Early Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
Wentz is looking very good... granted it's against the browns. But still, better than the second stringers Goff has played against. Does not look good imo
You're kidding with that "granted it's the Browns" remark I hope...because the Browns have a good defense.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
If they can start Wentz with hardly any time with the 1s let alone any preseason reps and STILL be prepared enough to go for over 200 yards with 2 TDs against an NFL D regardless of who it is...

I'm sorry. That's an indictment on Fisher yet again for not being able/willing to get Goff more prepared

Maybe it is the result of other things:
1. Maybe (highly probable) Wentz's college offense prepared him better for the pro game. See this quote on the NDS offense:
"In many ways, Bison football resembles the Power Coast approach of the Stanford Cardinal, combining a West Coast passing game with a heavy emphasis on power. The way North Dakota State runs God's play is as physical a variety as you will find in college football"

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...g-north-dakota-state-football-offense-defense

“The style of offense we play in — we’re a huddle, West Coast offense,” Klieman said. “We’re going to go under center, let the quarterback change protections, audible to run. . . . All those things are a little lost in college football because a lot of guys go no-huddle and look to the sideline to see what the coordinator’s going to run.”

Klieman said Wentz is no different than any other player drafted tonight, from any college. There’s always a learning curve in the NFL.

“It’s going to be a jump up for everybody,” he said.

It may not be as big a jump for Wentz as some people think.
2. Maybe the Rams knew it might (highly probable) that Goff might take longer to get ready even though he had better throwing skills.

Goff said he was prepared for this possibility from the time the Rams worked him out before the draft.

Fisher had told him the Rams wouldn’t rush him. Fisher coached Steve McNair and Vince Young with the Titans, and didn’t start either one in their first games.

“Whenever it’s time, it’s time,” Goff said. “If it needs to happen early, it happens early. If it needs to happen later, it happens later.”

Goff is confident his career won’t be defined by how it started.

“I know there’s a plan in place and I know this is all part of it and there’s a process,” he said. “I’m just going to trust the process and know it’s going to work out.”

The Rams are hoping he’s right. They have a lot riding on him.
Here are my beliefs. Wentz was better prepared, Goff had more talent as a thrower, but Rams knew it and went with Goff because of the Cali connection driven by Stan. Stan does not just want the LA money, he wants all the Cali money.

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
God I hate the Seahawks.