GDT: Super Bowl LV: Chiefs vs Buccaneers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hey @badnews. I'm with you on this 100%. I totally get bringing up the Goff comparison to Mahomes. It's Super Bowl Sunday!

Mahomes (the greatest thing since long, slender legs) was playing like hell cometh over! Obviously, his o-line was the big factor in that. What's wrong with comparing him to Goff? I think nothing! The game hadn't had much to comment on as boring as it was. The media killed Goff after his Super Bowl performance. They better come out and rip billionaire dude to hell! Sure they won't, right.

Anyway. I definitely didn't feel like you were starting another Goff thread. Just making some comments.

All good dude!

Thanks buddy. I appreciate the p.o.v.
I don't want drama, just good conversation!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
What a combination Tom the GOAT and the Gronk
I don’t give Brady the greatest of all time. That’s because when Bradshaw or Montana was playing, defenders could take 2-3 steps after the throw and punish QBs after they threw the ball. If Brady took those hits he would have retired at age 33.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didnt watch it and had zero interest ... but as much I dislike Brady .. fucking hell you have to give it to him ... best ever to Chuck a pigskin

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
JJ summing shit up quite well I must say. :beer2: :biggrin:

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didnt watch it and had zero interest ... but as much I dislike Brady .. fucking hell you have to give it to him ... best ever to Chuck a pigskin
Sums up my thoughts. The guy is a helmet...but I respect the fuck out of his ability.

What a complete team Tampa has. Unreal talent up and down the roster.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams will have lost to the worst team at home and beat the SB champ on the road this year.

Thats hilarious. Hadn’t pieced that together.

Yeah this game pretty much concludes that a QB is NOTHING without a good OLINE. Look how terrible Wilson looked down the stretch with a bad OLine. Look at Majomes here. I hope Sean McVay and Lester Snead are watching

It screams that, doesn’t it. Off-season priority #2. Don’t be distracted Les.

This aged well...

:LOL:

Bowles is a good D Coord he shut Mahomes down.

Yeah...Down the stretch that was an A+ job. Amazing.

So literally a hundred posts every fucking day ragging on him is fine, but I bring up a perfectly reasonable comparison to our last superbowl and I'm supposed to walk on egg shells?

From what I read, I think your post was taken out of context.

The Goff debate fatigue has reached the point you can’t even type his name right now. We are all sort of hall monitoring, which has its good and bad.

In this case good intention (helping contain Goff debate) but bad in that we all are doing it... so it feels like eggshells.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats hilarious. Hadn’t pieced that together.

It screams that, doesn’t it. Off-season priority #2. Don’t be distracted Les.

:LOL:

Yeah...Down the stretch that was an A+ job. Amazing.

From what I read, I think your post was taken out of context.

The Goff debate fatigue has reached the point you can’t even type his name right now. We are all sort of hall monitoring, which has its good and bad.

In this case good intention (helping contain Goff debate) but bad in that we all are doing it... so it feels like eggshells.

Brady Lover

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who was the last QB to throw a TD against a Brady led team in the Super Bowl?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nothing like seeing the video to show how crucial the offensive line actually is to the qb. We all just saw the proof. Case closed.

Just for fun, here's some stats of two QBs versus the Super Bowl champs:

KC
P. Mahomes
26-49, 270 YDS, 2 INT

LAR
J. Goff
39-51, 376 YDS, 3 TD, 2 INT

And then there's the factor of which team won the game.

Well, let's keep in mind that the Bucs were missing a few guys in that game on defense. Fact of the matter is after losing to the Chiefs the Buccaneers were the hottest team in the NFL and their defense went to another level. Great linebackers with David & White plus the secondary really came of age in post season.

They beat the Saints, Packers & Chiefs, that's something as to when they played the Rams, well, they were a different team and everyone knows that.

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I don’t give Brady the greatest of all time. That’s because when Bradshaw or Montana was playing, defenders could take 2-3 steps after the throw and punish QBs after they threw the ball. If Brady took those hits he would have retired at age 33.

They didn’t have free agency either, they didn’t have a salary cap. Teams could hold on star players for years and never turn over a team.

They didn’t have free agency either, they didn’t have a salary cap. Teams could hold on star players for years and never turn over a team. In the case of SF they spent money like mad to bolster the roster with stars on defense.

Brady plays in a NFL that has faster, more athletic defenders. Shit when Bradshaw played they were smoking on the sidelines lol.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Brady plays in a NFL that has faster, more athletic defenders. Shit when Bradshaw played they were smoking on the sidelines lol.

Love watching the old films via YouTube with that happening, Falcons Head Coach and former Ram QB Norm Van Brocklin The Flying Dutchman was the best.
1612791296618.png

1612791324905.png

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Little bit of both, maybe? It’s takes a great player to go to a shit organization and make a Super Bowl champ overnight. It’s not just his ability but also he changed the culture and attitude all without a real training camp. I don’t think Ariens does that by himself

Bill gave him a good foundation to learn and grow but the dude has more Super Bowl Championships than any organization in the NFL. He did it 20 years while most teams have been around 55.

This is uncharted waters for any modern day athlete. Like in any team sport you need some luck along the way but you also have to be great.

Yea man I'm done hating and done denying.

He passed Jordan last night as the best athlete of all time IMO. Most competitive sport - by far - most physically demanding. And dude has played 20 years, has seven rings, been to the Super Bowl ten times.

In fact, as of right now IMO that Pat's dynasty was all Brady. The Patriots are going to have to have some success without him for me to change my mind on that.

Tano

Legend
This fricken super bowl fricken sucks big time.

I wanted to be the first fricken team to play in their home stadium.

I wanted to be the first fricken team to win in their home stadium.

And how many times can I say fricken in a post.

Fricken as many times as I fricken want to.

Can you tell I am fricken upset.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cant believe they sold an estimated 30,000 paper cut outs to fans for a hundo each.