GDT: SNF / Rams at 49’ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
There are 5 starters on O and 3 starters on D left from 2017.
Basically whole new coaching staff except McVay and a few others.
Rams are one of the youngest teams in the league.
So, to this point under McVay there has been the dreaded roster turnover and coaching staff changes.
McVay has to this point a 37-17 record....a 68.5 winning percentage.
McVay can be frustrating and exhibits, at times, Martz like elements that can be frustrating.
Wasting timeouts.
Having a hard time adjusting in game if the original game plan doesn’t work.
But, if you think the Rams would be further along with some retread like Mike McCarthy or John Fox or some other wack a doodle coordinator getting their head coaching chance based on them putting in time as a coordinator.....well, I couldn’t disagree more.
I never want to go back to the incompetent days of Spags or Linehan.
McVay will soon be passing Ray Malavasi to move to 4th all time in terms of Rams coaching wins (RM has 40).
The Rams have had many coaches.
Few really good.
McVay has a chance to be great.
He needs to be given some leeway.

Amen

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's hard to be a Goff fan sometimes...

Get consistent Jared!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Staley is IMO a huge downgrade to Phillips
So Phillips best points against was 12th (2017) and yards against 13th (2019) and the Rams currently sit at 4th in both. You are clearly going to complain about Staley all season but come on man... Phillips an upgrade?

2017 Pts against 12, yards against 19, high points given up 43
2018 Pts against 20, yards against 19, high points given up 51
2019 Pts against 17, yards against 13, high points given up 55
So far:
2020 Pts against 4, yards against 4, high points given up 35

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
It's too early to trash Staley. That was his 6th game ever as an NFL DC, and he seems like a smart guy with a high ceiling to me.

The only thing bothering me about him rn is I think our DBs are way more talented than what we're getting out of them.

oldnotdead

Legend
The only thing bothering me about him rn is I think our DBs are way more talented than what we're getting out of them.

I agree because we have two good boundary man coverage CBs in Ramsey and Williams. Yet he plays Ramsey who is probably the best boundary CB in the NFL as a SCB! What a waste! Instead he plays Hill at LCB who always requires safety coverage over the top because of his marginal speed. When they didn't, he got burned deep trailing by almost a full yard giving up a TD 2 weeks ago. Hill lacked the agility to play SCB but its not like they don't have other options than moving their best to the position. I could understand if he played man coverage outside and zone everywhere else. But to play a soft zone as your base defense makes it incredibly easy for a QB to make his reads which in turn makes in difficult for the front 7 to get pressure. This is especially true since the flats and short zone are left wide open.