GDT - Rams at Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Rams starters gave up 7 points after the game was decided.
The Texans are awful, granted.
But the Rams D was starting their 4th and 5th corners and a rookie ILB making his first start.
Rochell and Williams hopefully back next week.. and hopefully SJD as well.. they should be ready for a good fight with the Titans.
Michel and Hendo both looked good an healthy.. that's nice too.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Kind of crazy how solid Wolf looked last year in his brief appearances to how utterly horrible he looks now. Thinking those big hits he has taken took away the fire he had when we was playing before. Time for a demotion IMO. We could not win a game with him playing in a real situation.
Its called putting a game plan together for a week that matches his strengths...which there are few.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well Earnest Jones looked solid...made a few plays. Obviously a big test next week for him, but a good start.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
This weeks punching bag for a 7-1 team?
The backup QB and #4 WR
iu
Kyler? Is that you?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
McVays 43-0 with the lead at halftime and letting up too soon would be the worst way to blow it.
Wins are too hard to get in the NFL. The best way to secure your team from giving up a game late is by not getting practice at it.
Stay hungry ALLL of the time.
Be predatious and exploitative.
This is a violent gladitorial sport... so embrace the ancient right of conquest, understood since the dawn of time: To The Victor Go The Spoils.
In the ancient world, when an army put a city under seige, the city had until the army's seigetowers touched the walls to surrender and ask for mercy. But if they held out and didn't surrender before the army reached the walls - every living thing inside those walls can be killed. So if the opposing team wants mercy, it is THEY who should let up. If they don't accept defeat and start running out the clock in humiliated shame, curb stomp them and go up 70. But if they pathetically and literally LAY DOWN, than we too might agree to help them run down the clock and end the game (massacre) as quickly as possible. See, we can be accommodating, just dont be trying to win. That's all. We don't want to leave Donald or Stafford out there when a win is guaranteed but if we beat them into submission and end the game early, that's sort of the same thing. So never pull starters until it's actually mathematically IMPOSSIBLE for the other team to move into tying position or better before the clock runs out. Anything less is sending the wrong message to our enemies. If they aren't afraid before we play them, we're doing it wrong.
We should have put the Texans to the knife, like the Santa Ana Rams (a little history joke for Y'all) and traded any survivors to the titans so we could spank em again.

Don't get me wrong, I think might-is-right ideas are terrible for society. Human compassion and cooperation is our strength in nature. But this isn't society or nature. It's just one of our games.
It's the colosseum (not that one, the first one) and these men are gladiators. They know the consequences. What's that old saying? Play gladiator games, win gladiator prizes? Something like that.

Well. I'm feeling good, obviously. Enjoy your evening folks!! It's halloween.... so keep it brewing witches!!!

Man I was high when I wrote that...

I still am now but I was then, too.

TexasRam

Legend
I said it before the season and I'll say it again. Our real DL should be Donald-SJD-Gaines.

A'Shawn Robinson ain't it.
I am a huge Gaines fan but Robinson has been excellent on goaline and 4th down short yardage along with against the run in general.

Gaines does offer a much better pass rush. A rotation seems most efficient.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No one is worried, but it would be nice to have one game where we can dominate all four quarters for once.
Lol, I'm not speaking for anyone ever, but I agree with you that it would be nice to dominate throughout. In the end, I could care less though as it was the Texans and not some real NFL team hahaha

Psycho_X

Legend

Rams PFF grades: Best and worst performers from Week 8 vs. Texans​

Cameron DaSilva
Mon, November 1, 2021, 8:06 AM·4 min read

The Texans didn’t put up much of a fight against the Rams on Sunday afternoon – not like the winless Lions a week ago. The Rams cruised to a 38-22 victory, even putting in their backups in the fourth quarter to let their starters get some rest after going up 38-0.

Pro Football Focus graded each player who suited up for the Rams in Week 8 and it shouldn’t surprise anyone that the defense had four players with grades above 84, while the offense was led by Brian Allen’s career-best performance at center.
Here are some of the best and worst performers from Week 8 based on PFF’s game grades.

Top 3 offense
Finally, PFF paid Stafford some respect and gave him a grade above 80.0 for the first time this season. He made very few mistakes in the win over Houston, though he probably wishes he had a few of his red zone throws back when the offense stalled.
Allen was rock solid in pass protection, only allowing one measly pressure on Stafford. He was downright dominant in the running game, earning a team-best 90.3 run-blocking grade.
Kupp just keeps doing his thing, posting another 100-yard game with his 10th touchdown of the season. He had the best receiving grade on the team this week.
Top 3 defense
Donald earned the second-best grade of his season thus far, helped by his 79.7 run-defense grade – which was the best on the team this week. He generated four pressures and had 1.5 sacks, also making one stop in the running game.
Gaines played the best game of his career, posting a defensive grade of 88.2 and totaling a career-high six pressures – more than he had in the last four games combined. He’s deserving of more playing time, even when Sebastian Joseph-Day returns.
Floyd was another highly productive pass rusher on Sunday, recording four pressures and two run stops. It was the second-best grade of his season so far, adding two more sacks to his total in 2021.
Bottom 3 offense
Despite the Rams only allowing two pressures all game, two of their lowest-graded players on offense were linemen. Neither Corbett nor Edwards allowed a single pressure, but they were dinged in the running game. Corbett had a run-blocking grade of 48.4 and Edwards’ was 42.5, so that’s why their overall grades were on the lower side.
Blanton played a career-high 21 snaps and was good as a pass blocker, but he was given a run-blocking grade of 36.0 to send his overall grade lower.
Bottom 3 defense
  • LB Troy Reeder: 59.2
  • S Nick Scott: 57.4
  • S Juju Hughes: 28.5
At some point this season, Reeder could be jumped on the depth chart by rookie Ernest Jones. He’s simply not playing well right now and is inferior in coverage, though he did clean up his tackling with zero misses in Week 8.
Scott didn’t have a terrible game despite his PFF grade, though he only made one tackle and missed one attempt, so his tackling grade was 32.6 – second-worst on the team this week.
Hughes was a mess in coverage down the stretch, allowing four catches for 65 yards on only four targets – including a touchdown pass to Brevin Jordan.
Other notables
  • RB Darrell Henderson Jr.: 75.3
  • LT Joe Noteboom: 71.2
  • WR Ben Skowronek: 69.2
  • LB Ernest Jones 66.4
  • CB Dont’e Deayon: 61.8
  • CB David Long Jr.: 63.8
Henderson earned a season-best 75.3 offensive grade after rushing for 90 yards on 14 carries and scoring two total touchdowns.
Noteboom played well in Andrew Whitworth’s place, allowing zero pressures and looking very comfortable in pass protection throughout the game.
Skowronek showed some things late in the game, being targeted three times and catching all three passes for 30 yards.
Jones’ 66.4 grade matched a career-high, though this was his first extended action on defense. His interception was a huge play in the game.
Deayon didn’t have a great game by PFF’s standards, allowing six catches (seven targets) for 95 yards, including Brandin Cooks’ 45-yard touchdown.
Long played extensively in Robert Rochell’s place, allowing two catches (three targets) for 31 yards.

Tano

Legend
Allen was rock solid in pass protection, only allowing one measly pressure on Stafford. He was downright dominant in the running game, earning a team-best 90.3 run-blocking grade.
I saw one block where he blocked a linebacker 5 yards passed the line of scrimmage that sprung Henderson for a 20 yard gain.

I was thinking at the time - that block would have been ole'd last year